Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I did don't worry.
    Under 900 ilvl as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Under 900 ilvl as well?
    No. But no metronome.

Quote Originally Posted by katskratches View Post
    i did it with legendary chest/ feral affin (gave pretty nice movement speed), and sephuz. did not use metronome as a trinket, used fury of the burning sky and stargate. 902 equiped. really, you just need to know what youre doing!
    I know what I'm doing, I've had it under 10% a few times but I just don't have enough damage. I'm using feral affinity as well, the kiting isn't an issue. It's the hands for me. Even pooling AP and dumping SS into the hands with dots and starfall rolling they're not dying in time. I can kill one but by that time Karam's nearly got up with me and I have to spend time putting distance between him and myself by which time there's usually another hand ready to kill me. At this point I guess I'll just have to get some gear. I have such shitty fucking luck though, I've gone a month or so without any real upgrades. It's so frustrating.

I know what I'm doing, I've had it under 10% a few times but I just don't have enough damage. I'm using feral affinity as well, the kiting isn't an issue. It's the hands for me. Even pooling AP and dumping SS into the hands with dots and starfall rolling they're not dying in time. I can kill one but by that time Karam's nearly got up with me and I have to spend time putting distance between him and myself by which time there's usually another hand ready to kill me. At this point I guess I'll just have to get some gear. I have such shitty fucking luck though, I've gone a month or so without any real upgrades. It's so frustrating.
    bearform barkskin is good for an emergency hand cast!

Quote Originally Posted by katskratches View Post
    bearform barkskin is good for an emergency hand cast!
    I've done that too. Doesn't solve the issue of still having to put distance between myself and Karam and having more hands spawn in the meantime. Also used a combination of legendaries. Boots, prydaz, my usual DPS legendaries (which have gotten me the closest), different talents, different trinkets, food... I've tried fury of the burning sky for some extra burst on the hands, the food that deals fire damage bolts, movement speed increasing food etc. Pretty sure it's just a gear check at this point.

I've done that too. Doesn't solve the issue of still having to put distance between myself and Karam and having more hands spawn in the meantime. Also used a combination of legendaries. Boots, prydaz, my usual DPS legendaries (which have gotten me the closest), different talents, different trinkets, food... I've tried fury of the burning sky for some extra burst on the hands, the food that deals fire damage bolts, movement speed increasing food etc. Pretty sure it's just a gear check at this point.
    I mean if you cant keep the add away while being able to cast while moving, typhoon, roots, then maybe you dont deserve the skin?

If you're having DPS issues and you're lower Ilvl then push artifact to get Wax and Wane talent, the new 1 pointer for moonfire / sunfire spam damage.

Anyone else having his weapon appearance reset from new challenge one to default one after switching spec?

Beat it in ~7 tries. 902 using prydaz and sephuz (which I only proc'd probably 2 or 3 times). Used AoE spec with Warrior of Elune, Resto Affinity (probably should have gone feral, only took ~4mil damage the whole fight) and displacer beast.

Phase 1 kite the guy around the edge of the island, making sure you get back up top close to 35% so he doesn't bug out underground. I THINK I saw on one pull that casting roots on him when he's underground brought him back up top.

Lust/pot/CD and burn Raest as much as possible when she(he?) becomes active.

For hands I was able to burst down 2 (save warrior of elune for this) I think on my kill so interrupted 2 others and bear+barkskin'd another. Try to save typhoon for shitty rune placement.

Kiting phase 1 around the outer edge of the platform really made it much easier though. My first few attempts I did it by the boss and had too many puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    When did we start being able to use FLAP with glyph of stars?! Prayers answered, goodbye Moonkin form!
    Since 7.1.5

I thought the appearance quest was fun. My only gripe was how buggy it was, it didn't feel rewarding to after learning the mechanics to have to repeat the encounter due to random typhoon dc's. On my kill i actually also had a hand spawn under the ground and i couldn't interrupt it. I'm glad it was not another quest line, just a simple go there and do this scenario.

I think they may have missed the mark on the overall goal of these, they should have been about skill and utilized ilvl scaling, not about gear. Also not having Sephuz i think made it a little bit more entertaining. I tried a few attempts with wild charge early on learning the fight, swapping to travel and jumping further away, but i ended up swapping back to DB to easier get to runes (baiting the whackamole away then blinking back).
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Deleted
    farmed 150k ++++ shards worth of rings to get boots from mythic dungeon

I love game

did you at least get a good ring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    did you at least get a good ring
    You could say so.

Don't think I've seen any boomkins that have done it without metronome.
    Definitely don't need metronome. I killed it within 5-7 pulls at 898 with an 895 int/haste stat stick and 870 arcanocrystal with IFE/OI. I'm a pretty big fan of solo content and I hope they add more stuff like that.

Holy crap you see the bump aff locks and frost mages got in the logs.

lol our 8% trait aint going to come anywhere near 80% of what aff locks are pulling right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Holy crap you see the bump aff locks and frost mages got in the logs.

lol our 8% trait aint going to come anywhere near 80% of what aff locks are pulling right now
    Yea feels bad being excited for our golden trait only to remember better classes still getting theirs :/

yeah, sort of shocking to see us actually go down relative to the rest of DPS on Krosus. Just bananas how bad we are as a raiding spec.

our new traits as a whole are obviously no where near the benefit that other specs are getting from their new traits.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    yeah, sort of shocking to see us actually go down relative to the rest of DPS on Krosus. Just bananas how bad we are as a raiding spec.

our new traits as a whole are obviously no where near the benefit that other specs are getting from their new traits.

i think they will nerf the other classes before they buff us, aff locks are just retarded at the moment.

not that i am even doing dps lately since our druid healer ate some bad taco bell or something and i am forced to heal...

Guess i am just being Daft or something....

Don't worry guys Lissanna just posted that we need ST buffs, i mean we only knew this for how many months but i guess enough data is out now...somehow. Guess math is hard but i am the Daft one.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-04-06 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i think they will nerf the other classes before they buff us, aff locks are just retarded at the moment.

Don't worry guys Lissanna just posted that we need ST buffs, i mean we only knew this for how many months but i guess enough data is out now...somehow. Guess math is hard but i am the Daft one.
    ^The first line 1000%. And who the f is Lissanna?

I'm still using AP tokens on Balance and not Guardian because I know with AK 30 or so I will catch up fast if I ever to want to switch. Other than that, I cry a little every time I use one... It's not even about FOTM, but it's retarded how it's gotten. I was with a pug raid at Bota HC and was top dps, they congrats me for the dmg done, but I didn't feel happy at all. Besides the fact that I'm not 90%+ skill wise, we suck major ass. Even if those congrats were to pump me a little to play with the big boys, I know I'll just get beaten down by some HPala with Holy Shock spam...

We don't want to be FOTM, we want to be a flavor at least...