Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Ofc not. If you oppose that you must have something to hide! Or be paranoid!

People either don't realize or don't care how much information is worth
    In actual money: selling your information is huge business for major internet services. You are literally their product
    And in power: seeing trends, habits, preferences, networks etc. is a huge deal for anyone who wants to sell an idea to the public, or enforce any kind of law or social rule. It's a PR goldmine, it's the single greatest way to find out how to sell a product or an idea. As computers and programs get more advanced in the way of gathering and processing this kind of data, it only becomes more valuable and influential.

Even disregarding that, the right to privacy is a right that grants a massive amount of freedom for those who have it. It really is a shame people are so willing to give it up for no clear benefit other than a vague "it's against terrorism!"
    For being a Finn you are okey Mr Sauna Revi! <3
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I really don't care about extra surveillance
    Then you wouldn't mind if the government installed cameras in your bedroom, toilet and everywhere else in your home? The government would promise not to look as long as they didn't suspect you of anything.

No terrorist that's capable enough to warrant this surveillance will be caught by this surveillance.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Then you wouldn't mind if the government installed cameras in your bedroom, toilet and everywhere else in your home? The government would promise not to look as long as they didn't suspect you of anything.
    Not really no, I don't do anything illegal so the government is free to watch me shit, sleep and shag. OFC that isn't happening though so hypothetical scenario is hypothetical scenario

The way people give away their privacy nowadays is very scary to me. You are being treated as a suspect for a crime under no basis you are like: "meh, whatever." I would be OK with police putting me under surveillance IF they had an warrant for it and the warrants become public after some time.

Not only that will hit a load of innocent people, but anyone with a working brain will be able to avoid that and this will just further incentivise real terrorist to use more powerful encryption (you case you don't know, encryption algorithms are all public and very, very easy to use, you can also make them a bit slower and create something so hard to break that all processors in the world would still take a million years to break).

10+ Year Old Account
    Crimethink is doubleminus good, comrade. Big brother must know.

Whats the odds they will use it to silence opposers of immigration?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Crimethink is doubleminus good, comrade. Big brother must know.

Whats the odds they will use it to silence opposers of immigration?
    None /10 chars
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Not really no, I don't do anything illegal so the government is free to watch me shit, sleep and shag. OFC that isn't happening though so hypothetical scenario is hypothetical scenario
    The state would love if everyone was as docile and accepting as you.

Personally i know better than to let any other person, let alone any person in authority and power to wield any sort of control or influence over me. Extremely foolish to trust any one organisation or agency with such control and power. People are inherently greedy and corrupt and you'd do well to heed my warning.

Deleted
    The state would love if everyone was as docile and accepting as you.

Personally i know better than to let any other person, let alone any person in authority and power to wield any sort of control or influence over me. Extremely foolish to trust any one organisation or agency with such control and power. People are inherently greedy and corrupt and you'd do well to heed my warning.
    Tinfoil hat time

FYI you're online willingly giving away private information already.

Tinfoil hat time

If you think that is bs because you may trust your government right now, you need to notice that you are not giving this powers for this government, you are giving it to any other government that may come.

Also, you don't really know that he is giving away anything: ToR, VPNs, Ghost Proxies... he can be easily hiding his identity.

Deleted
    Tinfoil hat time

The difference is i'm well aware of what information i am volunteering.
    I find it frankly disturbing how much trust you put in government agencies. I could list the hundreds of reason why giving the government more power is a very bad idea but i don't want to waste time educating some brainless millennial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    If you think that is bs because you may trust your government right now, you need to notice that you are not giving this powers for this government, you are giving it to any other government that may come.

Also, you don't really know that he is giving away anything: ToR, VPNs, Ghost Proxies... he can be easily hiding his identity.
    Except we're not talking about cameras in peoples houses....

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is i'm well aware of what information i am volunteering.
    I find it frankly disturbing how much trust you put in government agencies. I could list the hundreds of reason why giving the government more power is a very bad idea but i don't want to waste time educating some brainless millennial.
    I'm curious why you're so afraid of the government looking at your search engine? Let alone how easily triggered you are in buzzword insults

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    For being a Finn you are okey Mr Sauna Revi! <3
    O_o

Wat. He's in norway... iirc, danish/norwegian!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    O_o

Wat. He's in norway... iirc, danish/norwegian!
    Oh, same thing!

Sorry Revi

lill blomma, watch Löfvens press conference... what is this stupid thing of having a silly flag pin on the jacket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Oh, same thing!

Sorry Revi

lill blomma, watch Löfvens press conference... what is this stupid thing of having a silly flag pin on the jacket?
    Where can I watch that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where can I watch that?
    http://www.dn.se/nyheter/politik/sve...us-lagstaniva/

No flag day today so whats next. He walks of the stage and kiss a baby?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious why you're so afraid of the government looking at your search engine? Let alone how easily triggered you are in buzzword insults
    You realize that there are two cameras, a microphone and a GPS on your phone right?

I just want people to realise that you are giving powers that are VERY easily abused to any government to come. If you believe no one will ever abuse that, ok, but I am not willing to give my freedoms due to fear and to absolutely useless methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can I watch that?
    No idea where to find it but its the one from last thursday if you search, if concerning this thread.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    question tho:

Who is the terroist now?

you and me?

The goverment that is terrorizing its citizen/taxpayers?

"the radical muslim"

"the white man/woman of sweden?

i belive its the gorvement that is scared of us

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Just off the top of my head i don't want to end up on some government "watch list" just because i frequented a right wing forum or watched certain you tube videos or whatever. It could effect many aspects of my life negatively. Future employment, security clearances, official office etc. It could even cause me to be under extra scrutiny every time i try to fly out of the country on business or vacation, triggering "random" searches and what not. The police could use computer and phone data as a tool to get a search warrant for whatever bullshit reason they want, close down political blogs, stifle free speech or outright bully persons with whom they quarrel in to obedience.

There are cases everyday where municipal governments bully private citizens with the aid of lawyers, abuse of power and outright corrupt practices. Giving these people more tools instead of forcing greater transparency and oversight is the opposite of what we should aim to do.

You also miss the point entierly. It's not about me specifically. It's about all the free people. Even if you and me never get affected in a negative way we can be pretty sure that thousands of people will get oppressed.