Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did we just get perma wolves?

Feral Spirit Summons two Spirit Wolves that aid you in battle for 15 sec until cancelled. They are immune to movement-impairing effects and grant you 5 Maelstrom each time they attack. Shaman - Enhancement Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Can someone with beta access confirm this please before I soil my pants prematurely.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Can someone with beta access confirm this please before I soil my pants prematurely.
    Not true, Enhancement hardly needs another buff anyway in beta as they are already OP as hell and this change would be ridiculous.

Edit: Didn't see new build, hope it's not the case as it would make elemental a redundant spec
    Last edited by mmoc42d5f51312; 2016-06-24 at 01:55 AM.

Logging onto the beta now, will edit the post in a minute to let you know.

Edit: It's just a tooltip error. They still last 15 seconds, even though it says "until cancelled" on the tooltip in game aswell.

Sadly, they are not permanent. My guess is the tooltip is missing some words now like, "15 sec or until cancelled."
    "Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. "
    -Jet Black, "Cowboy Bebop"

Does the 2 percent buff they gave to windfury help combat the nerf to landslide at all?

I like my wolves but having 2 permanent pets on a non pet class seems like a leap!

Id recommend hunter if you really want a permanent pet :P

"Combat?" The Landslide buff was way overtuned. But no, more Windfury/Stormbringer is not going to make up for less AP.

Lets not forget they nerfed our resource generation quite alot. Maelstrom weapon only grants maelstrom on auto attacks instead of all attacks and boulderfist grants 20 instead of 25, on top of all the damage nerfs. Flat 8% AP bonus, while still pretty good, I don't feel like it belongs on the talent tree at all. We might see some more changes soon.

There's still months to go before the expansion drops, so I don't think there's any need for doomsaying just yet. 8% permanent AP seems like a fairly reasonable comparison to a burst cooldown and a 50% uptime on 10% more physical and nature damage, so I'm okay with Landslide being around. As for the maelstrom generation, we'll have Doom Winds and Feral Spirits giving us lots of burst generation (which is more meaningful with the 150 maelstrom cap), and now, with slower genenration, our rotation feels less "spammy," so all the folks that were complaining on that end should be quieted, maybe? (I liked the active playstyle, so I'm still on the fence about the lower generation, though it does make more sense; seeing the bar drop then jump with every Stormstrike was a little disorienting)

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm not enjoying the maelstrom generation very much. I liked always having something to press.

I'm fairly confident that Doom Winds doesn't give Maelstrom now, since the change was only auto attacks, and windfury is it's own attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    Does the 2 percent buff they gave to windfury help combat the nerf to landslide at all?
    No, I don't think so.. There was two changes to Windfury this build. Expecting it to be mostly the same.
    Change 1: Windfury: Each of your main hand attacks has a 5% (Increased from 3%) chance to trigger three extra attacks, dealing 40% Physical damage each.

Change 2: Mastery: Enhanced Elements Increases your chance to trigger Stormbringer and Windfury by 1.00% (Reduced from 2.00%), and increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal by 16.00%.

Unlimited Wolves is strange... Shaman is now a Pet Class...

The massive nerf in attack power via self buffing in combat is sad.

Not sure why Crashing Storm was nerfed?

Maelstrom Weapon was nerfed to be limited to Auto Attacks.

Hot Hand is now a Chance, not longer a guarantee.

We got the nerf bat pretty hard, but at the same time, Enhancement hasn't had much for adjustments compared to the other classes ,either.

Poor casters, getting nerfed still, when they should be getting buffed...

Amusing the Pure-DPS classes are among the lowest, while the Hybrids are still leading.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-06-24 at 02:37 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    No, I don't think so.. There was two changes to Windfury this build. Expecting it to be mostly the same.
    Change 1: Windfury: Each of your main hand attacks has a 5% (Increased from 3%) chance to trigger three extra attacks, dealing 40% Physical damage each.

Change 2: Mastery: Enhanced Elements Increases your chance to trigger Stormbringer and Windfury by 1.00% (Reduced from 2.00%), and increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal by 16.00%.

Unlimited Wolves is strange... Shaman is now a Pet Class...

The massive nerf in attack power via self buffing in combat is sad.

Maelstrom Weapon was nerfed to be limited to Auto Attacks.

Hot Hand is now a Chance, not longer a guarantee.

We got the nerf bat pretty hard, but at the same time, Enhancement hasn't had much for adjustments compared to the other classes ,either.

Poor casters, getting nerfed still, when they should be getting buffed...

Amusing the Pure-DPS classes are among the lowest, while the Hybrids are still leading.
    Wolfs are still 15 sec. Tooltip bug.

Maelstrom regen is much slower.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2016-06-24 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Isn't that an AoE talent? It was being picked because it was superior single target.
    Last edited by SH4D0WS1N; 2016-06-24 at 03:15 AM.

Most ppl seem to be going with Hot Hand now instead of Boulderfist. Playstyle with Boulderfist is just too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by SH4D0WS1N View Post
    Isn't that an AoE talent? It was being picked because it was superior single target.
    Oh. No. I see. Confused with some names of things. (A lot issues with very identical names...)

Crashing Storm was the DoT, I think? Crashing Lightning was the Ability? Right? Not logged in at the moment to be able to check.

If I'm right, I'm pretty sure the DoT portion was just nerfed?

Crashing Storm I think was doing more damage over the course of long fights then even Lava Lash, ending up to almost 12% of a Shamans total damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Most ppl seem to be going with Hot Hand now instead of Boulderfist. Playstyle with Boulderfist is just too slow.
    I rather liked the way it was before with mostly the passive build. 6 buttons, I think, on active usage not including procs? Was smooth.

Throwing in Hot hand... Hmm... Wouldn't change my "button" count, and would be trading off a harder hitting Lava Lash, from harder hitting everything... Guessing the DPS will not have changed.

Hmm... May have to play around a bit. My mind is thinking it would be very smooth, but will try it to find out for sure!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

they have nerfed us now doubt we are OP with how heavy they were

The maelstrom generation atm is just sad. Prob gonna be fixed in next build as i cant possible imagine they tested this before implementing:P

As for the mastery nerf, cant really see how that can stand either. Im at 3k mastery on the ptr and its 5% proc rate.
    How is this on max lvl atm?