Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which MMORPG will you play in 2016?

I had forgotten all about Blade and Soul (2-3 years ago I first became aware of it) and I saw at http://gaming2016.com/upcoming-mmorpg-games-2016/ that they are soon releasing! This month actually so I'm looking forward to it. Will post in the megathread.

Which MMORPG will you play in 2016?

ESO on console until Legion comes out, then back to WoW.

2017... probably Crowfall. (or whenever it comes out, but appears to be at least another year away.)

i Was planing on going full ham on Black Desert but after a year of the korean version and its unreal grind based rngfuckyouovers i'm really burned out.. not to mention that i'm getting really tired of any kind of mmorpgs and its money grabbing scam schemes that seem to happen every genre of gaming no matter of single player, AAA games or MMORPGs it has worn me down the past 4 years. Might as well just stop gaming entirely. *Sighs* ah i'm sorry kinda went into a small rant it's just.. mmorpgs don't feel like fun anymore :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Blade and soul and FFXIV for me if black desert wasnt open world PvP i would give it a try.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I try out almost all games if I can. Though I am not overly looking forward to any of the upcoming MMOs this year. Many in the OP I played already in various betas; Blade & Soul, Bless, Black Desert, Albion Online, Ark, etc.

Despite not being a FPS player whatsoever, I actually enjoyed Ark a fair bit. Albion Online was pretty good too, but maybe too Runescape-ish for my own tastes.

Action-Combat MMOs are not my thing at all. So I will avoid most Action-Combat MMOs beyond simple, initial curiosity.

Have been thinking about giving Final Fantasy 14 another go after hearing nothing but praise from a friend. I hated FF14 before the reboot, after the reboot I was somewhat bored by the game despite thinking it was decently made.

Will probably still stick to dallying about in Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 throughout 2016 casually. Which is fine for me.

WoW with a side of FF14 and SWTOR nothing coming out has peeked my interest yet....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Will stick with GW2 and some Star Wars on the side. Once if get around to doing all the class stories in Star Wars i may try ESO again. Been meaning to try it again at some point. If my Brother gives Legion a thumbs up after release i will also give that a shot.

Warframe is the only MMO I'm guaranteed to be still playing in 2016. I have an active WoW sub but WoD has severely dampened my expectations for Legion. We'll see.

FFXIV till Legion comes out, and then just Legion for the rest of the year. Will probably resub to SWTOR at some point to do this years story chapters, but that won't happen until i've cleared the content in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I play anything it will be on and off. It remains to be seen. I'll probably hop into Legion for a while, and FFXIV:ARR, to hang out with friends but beyond that I'm just not sure. Black Desert maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably SWTOR.

Most of them.

I'll keep my stable of MMO's I have installed (20+, though most I play very rarely) and poke around in them as I want, and will likely try as many new releases as possible. I couldn't imagine sticking to a single MMO in this day and age, there are so many fantastic MMO's covering so many different genres and styles released that I'd be missing the forest for the trees.

Legion when it comes out.

For now, ESO, and SWTOR or Wildstar maybe. All of these have some very significant flaws. I loved FFXIV at first, but by end game it was too much ability bloat for me. If they ever prune, I'd go back.

I'll try out B&S and possibly GW2 expansion, but I don't foresee playing them for very long, because I'm a healer at heart--and these (like many other recent releases) do not have MMO trinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will stick to GW2. Might level through Legion. I'm not an active WoW player but somehow I always end up at least leveling a character to the cap level. The MMOs worth mentioning are all solid and have no real features to turn customers away. Its all about flavor and community. I like the GW2 community so I'll stick to GW2. There are other MMOs that if I had the time and people to play with that I would play instead. MMOs have already been about attractive features that pull you in for an hour but mostly about those that you play with, otherwise there are tons are single player games that are more robust than an MMO.

Deleted
    None. I'm moving completely away from MMOs. MMOs have sucked up my time for the last 7 years. There are so many other games I want to play that I still haven't played, some of them I have bought in 2008, have started playing them and never finished. Some have come out over the last few years and I haven't gotten around to playing them. And some of them are classics from the 80's or 90's that I've never played. In any case, I just don't want to waste any more time on basically playing the same game over and over again, which is what every MMO is. Every MMO brings out expansions, that are basically just the same thing with different numbers and every other MMO that comes out is basically just a clone of WoW that plays exactly the same way. The attacks are the same, the classes are the same. Honestly after so many years, one just has to be tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW
    Skyforge
    Blade and soul
    Black desert
    Possibly continueing Eso at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Glimmer View Post
    None. I'm moving completely away from MMOs. MMOs have sucked up my time for the last 7 years. There are so many other games I want to play that I still haven't played, some of them I have bought in 2008, have started playing them and never finished. Some have come out over the last few years and I haven't gotten around to playing them. And some of them are classics from the 80's or 90's that I've never played. In any case, I just don't want to waste any more time on basically playing the same game over and over again, which is what every MMO is. Every MMO brings out expansions, that are basically just the same thing with different numbers and every other MMO that comes out is basically just a clone of WoW that plays exactly the same way. The attacks are the same, the classes are the same. Honestly after so many years, one just has to be tired of it.
    That's where i'm at now, but that's how I see gaming in general now. Everythings a meme, every game has dlc and microtransactions, every other player is a troll, every other dev is an idiot, gaming is in a sad state. I'm sittin here going through snes and ps1 rpgs I've missed over the years hoping it changes, but it won't. Gaming isn't the niche hobby for gamers anymore, it's a business where you cater to and milk the lowest common denominator for as much money as possible. Shit sucks so bad they are even taking classics from the golden age of gaming and trying to ruin them (glaring at ff7 "revision").

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    That's where i'm at now, but that's how I see gaming in general now. Everythings a meme, every game has dlc and microtransactions, every other player is a troll, every other dev is an idiot, gaming is in a sad state. I'm sittin here going through snes and ps1 rpgs I've missed over the years hoping it changes, but it won't. Gaming isn't the niche hobby for gamers anymore, it's a business where you cater to and milk the lowest common denominator for as much money as possible. Shit sucks so bad they are even taking classics from the golden age of gaming and trying to ruin them (glaring at ff7 "revision").
    Yeah, I see it the same way. I'm avoiding newer games and just look for cheap, older games. In my library you can borrow video games without an extra fee, so I can even play newer games without paying much. I'm definitely not gonna pay 60 bucks for a new game and then another 30 for a season pass, or shove money up these devs asses for ridiculous microtransactions. There are enough fun games out there that barely cost me anything, or are even completely free to play.