Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You must be delusional. All that stuff was done just so the average player doesnt have to do that.

The hardcore raider wouldve farmed the professions etc asap anyway just as any other expansion.
    I would agree with you but for one thing, there are two types of raiders regardless of difficulty;

1. Plays hardcore, mainly plays wow and dedicates all their time and efforts into bettering their gear to perform better in raids.

2. Shows up for raid night only, screams bloody murder on the forums if they have to do anything outside of raiding. After 3 hours of raiding nights they go back to playing the other games they would rather be playing.

If you are the kind of player who likes to do nothing but show up on raid night then this expansion and its garrison was perfect for you, for the rest of us there were no rewards worth the activity outside of raiding so no reason to do reps.

Deleted
    Mythic content is not intended for family and friends. If you can't be arsed to join a 20-man guild you simply do not care enough. Doing a 10 man mythic version just to lazy groups and clear a couple of bosses after clearing heroic? Forget it. Just stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I dunno, we're using it exactly the way Blizzard said it was to be used.
    Obviously not because you are going to need 7-10 more people to do mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowther View Post
    All those guilds that cleared 6/13 ToT HC or even 4/13 hc, why not. )
    10 man guilds with 6 or 4 kills after months of farming, nerfs and gear upgrades should still find enough challenge in current heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would agree with you but for one thing, there are two types of raiders regardless of difficulty;

1. Plays hardcore, mainly plays wow and dedicates all their time and efforts into bettering their gear to perform better in raids.

2. Shows up for raid night only, screams bloody murder on the forums if they have to do anything outside of raiding. After 3 hours of raiding nights they go back to playing the other games they would rather be playing.

If you are the kind of player who likes to do nothing but show up on raid night then this expansion and its garrison was perfect for you, for the rest of us there were no rewards worth the activity outside of raiding so no reason to do reps.
    Even if you are a type one raider, the removal of all non raid content benefits you.

and no one else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Obviously not because you are going to need 7-10 more people to do mythic.
    But you just said The entire purpose of flex is that if your pub happens to not be able to fill a few slots the raid will adjust to let you continue." - why does it even exist then? Are saying it's designed so that if a Mythic guild can't fill 20, they can go run...lesser content?

Who is flex for then? Certainly not mythic raiders since it's much lesser than Mythic raiding. And if it wasn't designed for 10 people or more, why would they allow 10 people to begin with?

You're making a bunch of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Mythic content is not intended for family and friends. If you can't be arsed to join a 20-man guild you simply do not care enough. Doing a 10 man mythic version just to lazy groups and clear a couple of bosses after clearing heroic? Forget it. Just stay away.
    This. I love people who say they couldn't make it work because they only want to play with the friends they had and are not willing to put any effort into finding new friends to play with to continue doing mythic mode. If you can't recruit enough you disassemble it and take the parts that are willing to work for it and take them somewhere else. Those guys who quit and kept you from a 20 man comp obviously were not very dedicated to mythic raiding in the first place. The strong will find a way to succeed, the weak will be culled from the herd. That's entirely what Mythic should be about.

But you just said The entire purpose of flex is that if your pub happens to not be able to fill a few slots the raid will adjust to let you continue." - why does it even exist then? Are saying it's designed so that if a Mythic guild can't fill 20, they can go run...lesser content?

Who is flex for then? Certainly not mythic raiders since it's much lesser than Mythic raiding. And if it wasn't designed for 10 people or more, why would they allow 10 people to begin with?

You're making a bunch of assumptions.
    I already explained who it is for. Work on reading comprehension and then push reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Even if you are a type one raider, the removal of all non raid content benefits you.

and no one else.
    The thing you don't understand is the type 1 player -wants- more to do, they don't want to sit around trying to figure out what to do, they want to play the game and they want their dedication in the game to pay out in performance. Why play 8 hours a day when it means sitting in your garrison until raid time? So no, removal of all non-raid content doesn't benefit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Bring back 10man mythic and I guarantee you'll see a surge in sub #s and stability.
    Those guilds already broke apart. There's no putting them back together.

I already explained who it is for. Work on reading comprehension and then push reply.
    Your words didn't fit their narrative they built up in their head.

15+ Year Old Account
    You never explained who it was for. You said "10 man was a mistake" - and then said flex was designed for...who? Groups that can't fill it entirely? Are you saying a group running with 13 people is more justified than a 10 man? Basically you're saying flex was designed for pugs only and Mythic is the real raiding content. That'd hold true if we still had the old model of Flex, then fixed normal and heroic. But we don't.

My counter-point was that it allows 10 people, so who the fuck are you to tell others they are using it wrong? You never refuted that, only responded with "well mythic is for 20 people so you're wrong!" What about those who aren't aiming for mythic?

Flex isn't the problem here and I was bringing up how retarded it was to even mention it. It isn't even tangentially related.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2015-08-05 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Those guilds already broke apart. There's no putting them back together.
    Not to mention that if you brought every former mythic raider back tomorrow it would not be a 'surge in subscriptions'. It's amazing how people can assume they represent a majority of players while also managing to be a unique highly skilled player in the top 9% at the same time. A complete inability to recognize that the self is not the everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kajeet18 View Post
    Dont know what you have been raiding but both BRF and HFC have been some of the best raids Blizzard has EVER released.
    to be honest, i enjoyed about raiding in vanilla and tbc. raid difficulty was really optimal, they weren't too easy or too hard.
    and best thing is back then there was actually a lot of pve content. but now that content is just replaced with useless rubbish such as lfr, heroic/mythicwhatever difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadeh View Post
    to be honest, i enjoyed about raiding in vanilla and tbc. raid difficulty was really optimal, they weren't too easy or too hard.
    and best thing is back then there was actually a lot of pve content. but now that content is just replaced with useless rubbish such as lfr, heroic/mythicwhatever difficulties.
    Those things didn't remove content, what removed content was blizzards hard on for a 1 year expansion. When have you ever heard of Blizzard announcing its next expac before the last boss of the tier even drops in lfr? Whats it been? almost 2 months since HFC dropped but not quite? Where do you think all that production time came from? From not making other content in this expansion.

20 man mythic only was a terrible idea in my opinion. Killing all heroic stuff may take small guilds which want to stay small maybe two months, but after that they can basically say: "well, that was all there is to see for us. See ya next xpac... or not."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    You are completly wrong.

It changes nothing for your "average player" since he wasn't raiding in mythic anyway. And for all the others that were raiding, their's as much guilds doing mythic now than guilds doing heroic in MoP (considering the subs loss obviously).

Their's only benefits to the mythic mode, and you can see that by the bad balance of the normal mode and the difficulty difference between 10 and 30 men modes, while mythic is unified and the fights are well tunned.
    I was in a Guild with Friends, and we raided 10 Man heroic. In SoO, we got til Blackfuse even. We aren't hardcore raiders in a sense that we raided 4 days a week, we just raided about 2 nights with maybe a bonus night. The thing I stress out is we were friends. Now, when someone was missing, we could just pug 1-2 people depending how many couldn't come that night. We had the perfect scenario for a challanging raid. Now, with mythic, we couldn't find 10 new "friends" out of the blue. We eventually got bored and more or less disbanded, for good. I've transferd to another server because I could raid there. What happend? After the 4th week of BRF people got bored of it, and slowly started to quit. First we had to pug one or two. Then suddenly 6 or 7 people were missing. They unsubbed, and eventually the entire raid just fell apart. Great. Another guild down the drain.

Nobody took 10 man heroics serious anyway, I'd be perfectly fine if it would be the WotLK way where 10 man raids have weaker loot than 25 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    I was in a Guild with Friends, and we raided 10 Man heroic. In SoO, we got til Blackfuse even. We aren't hardcore raiders in a sense that we raided 4 days a week, we just raided about 2 nights with maybe a bonus night. The thing I stress out is we were friends. Now, when someone was missing, we could just pug 1-2 people depending how many couldn't come that night. We had the perfect scenario for a challanging raid. Now, with mythic, we couldn't find 10 new "friends" out of the blue. We eventually got bored and more or less disbanded, for good. I've transferd to another server because I could raid there. What happend? After the 4th week of BRF people got bored of it, and slowly started to quit. First we had to pug one or two. Then suddenly 6 or 7 people were missing. They unsubbed, and eventually the entire raid just fell apart. Great. Another guild down the drain.

Nobody took 10 man heroics serious anyway, I'd be perfectly fine if it would be the WotLK way where 10 man raids have weaker loot than 25 man.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s
    this guy ....

he gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

I think this needs to be my new signature, because there's so much truth in it.