Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    This is a line of thought one exercises when he knows no lore. Garrosh is a saviour of the horde, orcs especially. It is quite sad how years of conspiracies and propaganda turned people into carebear believers. Sooner of later Azeroth realistically will require a total war and mass physical extermination plans. All these species can not exist together. Rsources are not infinite.
    This on the other hand is the ravings of a fascist, although let's be real we all know there's something a bit wrong from the constant spam and typing style :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This on the other hand is the ravings of a fascist, although let's be real we all know there's something a bit wrong from the constant spam and typing style :P
    Monarchist and realist first and foremost, then mystic of jabbadrums. To call me a fascist is a sin. I ain't no regulations man, maaan. Nothing fixes laifu like a social darwinism and conservative waifu.

Beads, ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    No, no. This be wrong juju maaan.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get proper Plate and Mail "robes" too (they are all supposed to be more like longcoats, not full dresses/robes), I'm all for it :P

It's the same tech, I donno why blizz hasn't gotten around to doing it yet.. It's already clearly shown to be possible in the game engine from Thrall's Robes and even the new model for Anduin in Legion.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    From Wowpedia (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27gora#Rules):

Rules
    As described in The Shattering and Bloodsworn, the rules for Mak'gora are:
    -Each participant is allowed one weapon. [Garrosh: Gorehowl, Thrall: Doomhammer]
    -A blessing of this weapon by a shaman of their choosing is permitted, but not required. [Garrosh: None, Thrall: None]
    -Body armor is forbidden. [Garrosh: No chest-piece, Thrall: Doomplate]
    -Each participant must have at least one witness. [Garrosh: None, Thrall: Durotan, Draka, Yrel, Player-Character]
    -If both participants refuse to fight one another, they are banished from the clan.
    -Traditionally, it is to the death, but under Warchief Thrall's rule it became a non-lethal combat, similiar to Warsong's Mak'Rogahn. Participants can choose to forgo this change. However, even when operating under the old rules, the victor can choose to spare the loser's life.

So... Yeah. Thrall cheated in two ways. First, Thrall used body armor (his Doomplate) whereas Garrosh did not even wear a shirt. Second, Garrosh had zero witnesses from his new Warsong Clan. HOWEVER, there is nothing in the rules about using special powers (like Thrall's Shamanism), but from the rule-set described above in two different novels that are canon... Thrall DID cheat!
    They either both cheated and Garrosh got wtfpwned or they both didn't cheat and Garrosh got wtfpwned.

Garrosh was wearing armour, just because he had no "shirt" doesn't negate the leather/plate.

Please don't just copy and paste from wowpedia. Those were the ancient Mak'gora rules, if you look at Garrosh vs Thrall first Mak'gora you'll see that there was no blessing, Garrosh was in full-plate and Thrall was using his spells willy nilly. There have been other Mak'gora's since and spells we're used.

End of the day, Garrosh got the chair.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just leave this here, a post I made ages ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35220401

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Okay, lets just put it all out there for as you find it hard to grasp.

Garrosh fought Thrall in two Mak'gora's. You can't get away from this, you keep saying it was to teach Garrosh a lesson, I'm sorry, it was a Mak'gora, Thrall might have been teaching him a lesson but it's still a Mak'gora. No matter what you say to try and twist it to your own agenda it won't work.

First Thrall vs Garrosh Mak'gora

Thrall used his elemental powers,
    Wore plate,
    Didn't bless his weapons,
    No official witness unless you want to count the player characters.

So under your definition of the rules Thrall cheated.

Garrosh used two weapons,
    Wore plate,
    No official witness unless you want to count the player characters.

So under your definition of the rules Garrosh cheated.

Second Thrall vs Garrosh Mak'gora

Thrall used his elemental powers,
    Wore plate,
    No witnesses.

So under your definition of the rules Thrall cheated.

Garrosh used one weapons,
    Wore plate belt, leather, fur and chains. Remember, you're not allow to wear any armor.
    No witnesses.

So under your definition of the rules Garrosh cheated.

----

What I'm trying to say is, because Thrall was using his elemental powers during the first Mak'gora, it was obviously acceptable. Because Garrosh and Thrall were both using plate armour, it was accepted otherwise one person would of complained. You can't get away from this, so to say Thrall cheated in the second Mak'gora is just an absurd statement to make, especially as you're cherry picking the rules saying Thrall cheated but Garrosh didn't. I'm sorry but you are totally wrong on this and I've backed it up with evidence in-game, out of game in the comics and even book art.

The Mak'gora obviously means more than the traditional rule-set you've just picked up from reading wowwiki or wowpedia. Just because if you look at Orcish on wowwiki and see a few words translated into common(English), doesn't mean wowwiki or wowpedia have answered you the entire Orcish language. This is the same for the Mak'gora, obviously there are different types and different rules associated with them. Did Blizzard intend for a huge debate when Thrall killed Garrosh, I don't think so.

Now if you want to reply to this with some evidence that I don't know about as to why Thrall using his elemental powers is wrong then go ahead, but please don't bang on about a second weapon and completely forget that Garrosh used two weapons in there first Mak'gora and nobody complained when Thrall was tossing Garrosh around like a Frisbee in a storm. Because otherwise you just look like a complete hypocrite.
    - - - Updated - - -

oh and why not, add even more evidence.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35183951

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Again with the cherry picking, Thrall is a shaman, he calls upon and then controls the elements. The elements are Thrall's weapons along with his Doomhammer.

Mak'gora

The no armour you're thinking about is nothing but a loin cloth over the genitalia of the person, evidence in the picture below.

Garrosh was still wearing leather, plate, wristbands, fur and goddamn chains in the cinematic.

Hell, Garrosh and Thrall have already dueled in a Mak'gora with Garrosh in full armour and Thrall using his elemental powers, evidence below.

Comic

In-Game

even a video showing Thrall using his powers,

The comics they didn't bless there weapons either, obviously Mak'gora word has taken on more of a meaning then what you are saying.

You really need to let go and just accept that Thrall killed Garrosh fair and square.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2016-02-22 at 01:33 AM. Reason: corrected quote mistake

I don't think he cheated, but the Elements still think his acts were unjust. He was partially responsible for Garrosh's rule, but laid all the blame at the feet of the person he put in charge without giving proper preparation or mentorship.
    It is canon that he has lost some of his powers as a result of this duel. There's no questioning it. That's why he gives the player his weapon, as he feels he is no longer worthy of it.

I don't think he cheated, but the Elements still think his acts were unjust. He was partially responsible for Garrosh's rule, but laid all the blame at the feet of the person he put in charge without giving proper preparation or mentorship.
    It is canon that he has lost some of his powers as a result of this duel. There's no questioning it. That's why he gives the player his weapon, as he feels he is no longer worthy of it.
    Garrosh was a grown man responsible for his own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    Tell the Elements that :P

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    This is like saying the parents are not in any way at fault for the way their child turns out. Thrall was a father-figure for Garrosh, and he didn't do a good job. Rather than accept that he had a hand in influencing Garrosh's actions in any way like he was and should have, he washed his hands clean and laid the entirety of the problem at Garrosh's feet.

Thrall is an immature man-baby and can't accept that his actions and nurturing of Garrosh led to MoP, and will be a horrible father for his child with whats-her-face.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

If we're being honest, here... Thrall's getup is really just a Monk outfit. Sorry Shamasal.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator View Post
    This is like saying the parents are not in any way at fault for the way their child turns out. Thrall was a father-figure for Garrosh, and he didn't do a good job. Rather than accept that he had a hand in influencing Garrosh's actions in any way like he was and should have, he washed his hands clean and laid the entirety of the problem at Garrosh's feet.

Thrall is an immature man-baby and can't accept that his actions and nurturing of Garrosh led to MoP, and will be a horrible father for his child with whats-her-face.
    Yeah this basically.
    I'd never claim that Garrosh isn't responsible for his own actions, only that he isn't solely responsible. Multiple people can be to blame for something!
    The person who was supposed to be his mentor figure and teach him better instead thrust him into a position he wasn't ready for, with little guidance, and then fucked off. At no point during Garrosh's obvious descent did Thrall take a hand until it was too late, and then instead of trying to fix his mistakes, he killed the guy.

Garrosh did terrible things, and died for it, but the fact that Garrosh could do any of those things was Thrall's fault, and he has faced no punishment for it... until now of course.

Yeah this basically.
    I'd never claim that Garrosh isn't responsible for his own actions, only that he isn't solely responsible. Multiple people can be to blame for something!
    The person who was supposed to be his mentor figure and teach him better instead thrust him into a position he wasn't ready for, with little guidance, and then fucked off. At no point during Garrosh's obvious descent did Thrall take a hand until it was too late, and then instead of trying to fix his mistakes, he killed the guy.

Garrosh did terrible things, and died for it, but the fact that Garrosh could do any of those things was Thrall's fault, and he has faced no punishment for it... until now of course.
    Thrall is actually younger than Garrosh and he had a bunch of people to help guide Garrosh he didn't want to listen to them.

You can have a mentor who is younger than you... I didn't mention his age.
    Thrall chose to put Garrosh in charge, despite all of his advisors and Garrosh telling him it is a bad idea, he is partially to blame for the results.

Like, at the end of the day you can make your headcanon whatever you like, but the actual canon from the people who write this stuff is that Thrall did a bad thing and the Elements have stopped speaking to him because of it.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-02-22 at 02:26 AM.

Garrosh was a functional adult, older than Thrall in fact, when he left Outland to join Thrall's Horde. This 'Thrall failed to be a proper mentor/father-figure/baby-daddy' narrative is a load of crap.

Garrosh was older than Thrall. Thrall wasn't a father figure, more like brothers-at-heart. He did project his delusional beliefs about Grom onto Garrosh though. All that's moot though. Longcoats would be awesome gear for any class. The beads would fit more with a blademaster (arms warrior) or monk.

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    From Wowpedia (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27gora#Rules):

Rules
    As described in The Shattering and Bloodsworn, the rules for Mak'gora are:
    -Each participant is allowed one weapon. [Garrosh: Gorehowl, Thrall: Doomhammer]
    -A blessing of this weapon by a shaman of their choosing is permitted, but not required. [Garrosh: None, Thrall: None]
    -Body armor is forbidden. [Garrosh: No chest-piece, Thrall: Doomplate]
    -Each participant must have at least one witness. [Garrosh: None, Thrall: Durotan, Draka, Yrel, Player-Character]
    -If both participants refuse to fight one another, they are banished from the clan.
    -Traditionally, it is to the death, but under Warchief Thrall's rule it became a non-lethal combat, similiar to Warsong's Mak'Rogahn. Participants can choose to forgo this change. However, even when operating under the old rules, the victor can choose to spare the loser's life.

So... Yeah. Thrall cheated in two ways. First, Thrall used body armor (his Doomplate) whereas Garrosh did not even wear a shirt. Second, Garrosh had zero witnesses from his new Warsong Clan. HOWEVER, there is nothing in the rules about using special powers (like Thrall's Shamanism), but from the rule-set described above in two different novels that are canon... Thrall DID cheat!
    Garrosh should have brought it up with MLM - Major League Mak'gora. He didn't. He had no fear. He just lost.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    The only failure on Thrall's end was putting that piece of shit in charge to begin with, he should have known that Garrosh was not ready for that kind of responsability, hell he wasn't even ready to lead a small military force, let alone an entire faction... After all the time Garrosh spent in Northrend with Saurfang, he didn't learn a single thing, and Thrall KNEW that.

There were plenty of other far more qualified people who should have been put in charge... Like Cairne Bloodhoof (who didn't die until after Garrosh became Warchief), Saurfang, Vol'jin, Lor'themar Theron... I would have put god damned Sylvanas in charge before that asshole...

But in reality it should have gone to a council of the previously mentioned, that was the obvious and most logical choice... Thrall actually putting Garrosh in charge was seriously just terrible writing.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-02-22 at 03:07 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't care if Garrosh was older than Thrall, Thrall was best buds with his father, and Garrosh clearly looked up to Thrall and Grom a lot that we see during TBC. Key moments in Garrosh's leadership development that Thrall was around for should have seen him be a more influential role-model, like teaching him how to lead through quality of treatment and devotion through wellbeing.

Thrall was around for all of Garrosh's failures of learning to lead and didn't do jack shit until Garrosh challenged him to lead the horde. Then, he fucked off completely and decided that being a pacifist not taking any direct hand at influencing the world and its issues was better than using his power and influence to change the course that Azeroth was snowballing towards.

Like when superman fucked off to isolation from the world in his later years. He only came back when shit was REALLY fucked up, not when he could have been the guiding force to prevent such atrocities.

0 respect for superman or Thrall.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is all about class indentity, how about we get some overcoat simple robes and beads? I really like the appearance of filthy cheater Thrall in HOTS.

How about his earth-magma hand grab he used while cheating during Mak'gora? Or his spirit wolves from hots? I would like to change into fiery wolf and headbutt-bite me enemy.

Gimme me beads!
    You sound like someone who's in a political argument lol. "Fiwthy Chweater THrall". Thrall doesn't actually exist. Not sure if you know that. And please. This was an obvious fuck up on Blizzard's part. Thrall didn't just turn real one day and say "I'm gonna cheat!". Blizz didn't pay attention. And the whole "Mak'gora" thing is so stupid anyway. Warriors can use ALL of their abilities, while every other class can only use attack? Now that's cheating. And also, like someone else pointed out, in a previous "Mak'gora" with garrosh and thrall, they were both in full armor. So.

I swear, people get their panties is such a twist over fictional characters in video games. It would be an interesting psycho experiment.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care if Garrosh was older than Thrall, Thrall was best buds with his father, and Garrosh clearly looked up to Thrall and Grom a lot that we see during TBC. Key moments in Garrosh's leadership development that Thrall was around for should have seen him be a more influential role-model, like teaching him how to lead through quality of treatment and devotion through wellbeing.

Thrall was around for all of Garrosh's failures of learning to lead and didn't do jack shit until Garrosh challenged him to lead the horde. Then, he fucked off completely and decided that being a pacifist not taking any direct hand at influencing the world and its issues was better than using his power and influence to change the course that Azeroth was snowballing towards.

Like when superman fucked off to isolation from the world in his later years. He only came back when shit was REALLY fucked up, not when he could have been the guiding force to prevent such atrocities.

0 respect for superman or Thrall.
    I'm glad to know that you don't respect a bunch of pixels. I can't say that I've ever respected a bunch of pixels either! WOOT!
    Last edited by Seezer; 2016-02-22 at 06:39 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G