Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    Another piece of advice I can give you to (hopefully) make it easier for you is this:

If you have different class alts, always choose the most appropiate for each thing, you may think it's a silly thing but it actually can make a difference.. For example, when farming the figurines I always use my pally, because it has the extra flight speed, so it may not be much but at least you will be able to fly to each spawn point faster than with any other class..
    And for Poseidus I use my druid, I dont really know if the Vashj'ir acuatic mount is faster than the seal form (They're probably the same speed tho) but I feel really clumsy when using a mount underwater.
    Not at all silly. I'm using my hunter for the Cheetah aspect while flying. It was how I got stupid School of Hard Knocks done for Children's Week.

Deleted
    Its easier to win a lottery.

It was very hard to spot figurine even when NPCScan used to work and each realm had its own Uldum. But now its next to impossible. NPCScan no longer works, CRZ made Uldum shared among many realms.

Good luck though.

Poseidus should be easier to get. You can use /target macro to target it while flying above. Phase into RP and RP-PvP realms (they share zones only with other RP/RP-PvP realms, so population is much lower. Also German RP realms are good target to make alt at) very early in the morning on Friday/Saturday - that's how I got one.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-03-30 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Parrot View Post
    Not at all silly. I'm using my hunter for the Cheetah aspect while flying. It was how I got stupid School of Hard Knocks done for Children's Week.
    Aspect of the cheetah doesn't work with mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Aspect of the cheetah doesn't work with mounts
    I have learned something new today. (I thought it did...)

now excuse me while I go curl into a fetal position and weep.

I have learned something new today. (I thought it did...)

now excuse me while I go curl into a fetal position and weep.
    lol and fyi the DK passive doesn't work with flight, just ground mounts, alas why I said pallys are the fastest fly-ers out there :P
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    lol and fyi the DK passive doesn't work with flight, just ground mounts, alas why I said pallys are the fastest fly-ers out there :P
    Not by much though, with maxed flying skill paladins go 430% vs 420% non paladins with the guild perk

Having finally got this today after 35 fake figurines, I feel your pain. Started the grind months ago and was finding them at a very slow rate until a couple of weeks ago when I started to intensively hunt/realm hop. Since then I was finding around 2-4 a day, mostly by realm hopping: learning which realms are quietest, trying to find a camel on one and coming back 6 hours or so later to try and get the next one. I did find a handful on my home realm, but as it's part of a huge CRZ there always seem to be at least 20 people in Uldum on my faction.

I know respawn times of up to 22 hours have been reported, but I think in actual fact it's 6-10 hours (I don't know how people can be sure they haven't missed a spawn that was taken by another player). I seemed to find one almost always around 6-7 hours after finding the last one. And, as I discovered today, the timer seems to continue during server maintenance, which means that if realms are down for 10 hours or more, there should be camels up everywhere. Could be a coincidence, but I checked 2 servers immediately after realms went up (one was my very busy home CRZ) and both had camels.

I'd recommend patrolling, if you can stand to, rather than camping in a spot. With friendly nameplates on they are really easy to see if you fly low (I set mine up so that only green nameplates were showing, not hostile or yellow ones). Knowing exactly where they will appear and what they will look like helps too: use TomTom as others have recommended, and this blog has some good pictures - http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/201...amel-figurine/ Plus the usual stuff about picking quiet times, hopping to non-CRZ realms, etc.

The best of luck to you. It's the longest grind I've ever done for a mount, and while it's actually quite fun (if you're a weird obsessive like me), either you're not finding the figurines at all or you're getting really really bored of always getting the wrong ones and it does get frustrating. It seems to bring out the worst in people: I've had some choice abuse from one guy in a realm hopping group who told me off for stealing 'his' camel server! Hope you find it soon
    Last edited by Glowbear; 2016-03-30 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *rubs eyes*

god dammit, managed to find a camel figurine, but it was a dust one. Also, I forgot how TINY those things are. No bigger than those annoying cat statues and almost the same color (almost missed it).

How the hell do they find the ones Northwest of Rahmkahen?

Important note: Having and enabling any nameplates that identify everything-critter, npc's and or mobs does not work with trying to find the statue.
    @ the bolded part, you're missing some kind of nameplate option or not using shift-v because I just saw a fake figurine and it had a visible nameplate. Green, if that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    With friendly nameplates on they are really easy to see if you fly low (I set mine up so that only green nameplates were showing, not hostile or yellow ones). Knowing exactly where they will appear and what they will look like helps too: use TomTom as others have recommended, and this blog has some good pictures - http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/201...amel-figurine/ Plus the usual stuff about picking quiet times, hopping to non-CRZ realms, etc.
    Yep and helpful think, thanks!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I guess but the came fig is such a time waster. I'd only do it if I was 1 short of lord of the reins. Doing it just to increase the count by 1 seems crazy to me.
    He's 11 short of Lord of the Reins and it's one he can do while waiting for raids to reset. And it's not like there aren't other mounts that are just as insane in terms of time wasters if not more so (TLPD, Aeonaxx). Without knowing what his collection looks like it's hard to judge. I'd call Poundfist a waste of time, but if I was at 341 I'd be wasting my time on it for the +1 if I was still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    He's 11 short of Lord of the Reins and it's one he can do while waiting for raids to reset. And it's not like there aren't other mounts that are just as insane in terms of time wasters if not more so (TLPD, Aeonaxx). Without knowing what his collection looks like it's hard to judge. I'd call Poundfist a waste of time, but if I was at 341 I'd be wasting my time on it for the +1 if I was still playing.
    Good outlook on this, manypillars. My current play reflects this idea as well. I'm at 327 myself and have considered farming the camel now, largely because of how few mount sources are left for me. Right now I'm only farming Elegon on 23 toons and doing Timewalking for the dragonhawk and timereaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Agreed. The camel appears to be one of the easier uber-rare world drop mounts to go after (the only other super-rare one I have is Voidtalon and that's probably about on par with the camel in terms of difficulty), and it's much easier to put down and pick up again in quiet moments than e.g. Aeonaxx which seems to involve intensive camping. I haven't tried for Aeonaxx, Poseidus or TLPD yet: one of the main reasons I went for the camel was the fact that you can just go and have a look in Uldum whenever you have time, instead of having to camp a zone for weeks and then still probably miss out due to it spawning just as you leave the room. Plus the treasure hunting aspect of the camel figurines makes it a lot more interesting (imo anyway) than parking yourself in a spawn point and getting twitchy when someone comes to stack on you.

So yeah - if you're close to 200/300 mounts, it's as good a one to go after as any.
    Last edited by Glowbear; 2016-04-01 at 07:10 AM.