10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Umm I killed literally 5 of their team there from the doors opening, Pharah/Mercy were just before that clip started. We then took the payload from start to finish without stopping, and on defence held without them even moving it. I gained 40SR from the match. Nothing wrong with my pick there at all.

This is exactly what I mean people being dicks about it. :|
    You made it sound that you lost regardless of getting potg yourself. I also rarely meet a sniper worth a damn and even if they can aim due to how popular shield tanks are they are so often hard countered it's silly to blindly go for it.

But maybe i'm wrong; i still seem to do better by recommending that type of play

Deleted
    Seeing more won't translate to improved win rates. That's been going on since long before Mercy's buff.
    I'll take a GM Ana over a GM Mercy any day. And that's as a Pharah main.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    As an Ana, you don't even want to engage a Widow. At GM rank I stay out of sight of enemy snipers for a good reason. And it's not Ana's job to kill a Pharah anyway. If you can find the time, sure, land a shot, but it's not your job. You can assist, but that's all. Ana can defend herself really well. When a Tracer or Genji is harassing me close range, I wait till I am a bit low health and then nade us both, they will always back off and your teammates will help you anyway.
    I wish I was playing your game, guess that's #justGMthings... It's incredibly rare to get any help at all from your team as support, only bitching when you can't solo all the flankers while simultaneously keeping your team alive. Once in a blue moon there's someone who actively helps out and it pretty much sticks to memory as a small miracle. (Unless playing with friends, of course.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    As an Ana, you don't even want to engage a Widow. At GM rank I stay out of sight of enemy snipers for a good reason. And it's not Ana's job to kill a Pharah anyway. If you can find the time, sure, land a shot, but it's not your job. You can assist, but that's all. Ana can defend herself really well. When a Tracer or Genji is harassing me close range, I wait till I am a bit low health and then nade us both, they will always back off and your teammates will help you anyway.
    1> Ana used to be able to take out a Widow in 3 body shots. If she wasn't actively targeting you, it wasn't that hard to take her out before she could pick you off, particularly at lower ranks (plat and below).

2> It's EVERYONE'S job to take out the enemy. If I'm playing Zen and Pharah's an issue, she's getting discorded, same reason. Ana's one of the few hitscan heroes who's a threat. See above about the increased number of shots, though, which is an issue. The damage nerf was aimed entirely at her grenade, but the effect on her primary fire was significant.

3> A good Tracer or Genji aren't going to get chased off by a grenade. Tracer can recall and come back at full health. Genji's burst damage is so high that when he dives you, you're probably dead, and hoping your team can take him out as he runs away, at best. And the big effect of the grenade is the lack of healing, which they aren't getting anyway. And heaven forbid the Genji gets wise to you and deflects it into your team.

You can change your sensitivity regarding this, that you need more accurate aiming for applying Nano Boost. This has never been a problem to me. Applying Nano Boost comes down to your own skill in deciding in what situation you use it and benefit the most out of it. And if you closely follow the kill feed you know what DPS does best. Sometimes I use it to clean up squishies, other times I use it for survivability (Like a Rein) and other times you use it on raw dmg heroes like Reaper to melt their tanks. With ults, or without. It all comes down to skill really.
    The point is it's incredibly situational, and can't be used (effectively) in a reactionary way. It's not awful, and it's definitely unique, but it puts Ana in a position of reliance on her teammates in a way that's different and IMO in not a good way. Ana shines if her team shines, but she's not as good at saving her team or making her team shine; a Nano Boost is going to make a great teammate awesome, but it won't make an eh teammate great.

We'll see more of Ana once Mercy gets hit by the nerf bat. I'm pretty sure.
    Two things; this isn't about pick rate. Ana is still getting picked, she just has the worst performance of any hero in the game. She's in the middle of the road at nearly a 4% pickrate in the last week. Doomfist, by comparison, is the lowest at 0.4%. But that makes this worse. Because she's still got the lowest win ratio of any hero, and her pickrate means there's plenty of data supporting that low result, and teams are used to playing with Anas.

And two; Ana's use rate has fallen slightly with Mercy's changes, but Mercy was always preferred over Ana, statistically, at all ranks. The only time the Overbuff data shows Ana being a net positive was at Grandmaster ranks, in the 6-month range. Even at Master level play, her win ratio was sub-50% at that range. Even if her pickrate bucks up a bit, her flaws are still going to leave her with that low win ratio, because those issues haven't changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. That’s kind of the point. Those heroes actually need someone who can do that to them. Sick of this “unfun to play against” bullshit.
    oh so u like it when some glue sniffer jumps on you as winston and you have to switch just because he exists and someone can point a camera in a direction towards you?

What is this world of CCcraft lmao? There is a reason why wow became an unfun flaming pile of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    oh so u like it when some glue sniffer jumps on you as winston and you have to switch just because he exists and someone can point a camera in a direction towards you?

What is this world of CCcraft lmao? There is a reason why wow became an unfun flaming pile of shit.
    Sure, that's annoying, but that only happens in QP, in Comp Winstons don't risk over-extending that much or they tend to lose their entire team.

I seem to recall WoW's PVP became an unfun pile of shit when it became BurstCraft. ImmolateConflagrateChaosboltIncinIncinIncin was funny because it was ridiculous, not because it was good gameplay. They spent years trying to fix that, then some idiot on the class design team makes a spec that replicates it.

It's not like OW presently has viable CC chains, particularly since it's so much easier to just kill you with LMB than use E, Shift or even RMB.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it only happens in quickplay its bc pepole who play winston in comp suck lol

You'd sit there and wonder how could you be bad at auto aiming turrets, widowmaker & supports but there are some very special people out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it only happens in quickplay its bc pepole who play winston in comp suck lol

You'd sit there and wonder how could you be bad at auto aiming turrets, widowmaker & supports but there are some very special people out there.
    It’s better left to Genji. Winston is better stomping Support and the rest of the team, he doesn’t have the sustain to chase Widow around the map like Genji does.

Sure he’ll will melt Widow 9 times out of 10 1v1, but in a practical sense his doing that all game is a massive waste of his potential.

They fucked the new symmetra skin up imo. The turret skins couldn't be lazier and the teleporter barely looks any different to a normal teleporter. The most exciting thing about her oasis skin for me was the effort they put into making the turrets and teleporter unique. Especially disappointed after seeing how they DID go all the way and made zen's balls cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the Ana skin. Disappointed the Parrot only shows on the 'Heroic' victory pose She's definitely lined up for my next golden gun now though, that rifle looks amazing. Just wish I could justify playing her more, but I'm sure her time will come again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They fucked the new symmetra skin up imo. The turret skins couldn't be lazier and the teleporter barely looks any different to a normal teleporter. The most exciting thing about her oasis skin for me was the effort they put into making the turrets and teleporter unique. Especially disappointed after seeing how they DID go all the way and made zen's balls cool.
    If you think his balls are cool you should see his golden Christmas nuts! )
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Junkenstein's Endless Waves are a fantastic source of exp. Seriously, the longer they go on
    for, the more you get. At least, it sure seems that way, I could be wrong.

Looks like 'less duplicate loot boxes' gets turned on during events and off again when they are over.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Looks like 'less duplicate loot boxes' gets turned on during events and off again when they are over.
    There may be something about the proportion of items that gets thrown off by the new items being introduced.

I know that of all the boxes I've opened today, they've all been 3-4 event items, and no dupes. And I was usually getting 1-2 dupes a box, before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There may be something about the proportion of items that gets thrown off by the new items being introduced.

I know that of all the boxes I've opened today, they've all been 3-4 event items, and no dupes. And I was usually getting 1-2 dupes a box, before the event.
    Yeah, that's how it works I feel.

I've unlocked every non-event victory pose, yet they still drop my boxes so I get dupes when there's nothing going on, add the event items to the pool and I suddenly don't get any anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having got all the white and blue quality stuff, most of my boxes before the event were just dupes, these event boxes basically just have event stuff in them for me.

So after about 45 boxes, I got 3 event legendaries(mcree/torb/mei), 3-4 old event skins, both epic and legendary, a bunch of voice lines/sprays/icons and epic stuff. But so far the 2 legendary skins I want most, Ana and Zen, I haven't gotten yet.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s better left to Genji. Winston is better stomping Support and the rest of the team, he doesn’t have the sustain to chase Widow around the map like Genji does.

Sure he’ll will melt Widow 9 times out of 10 1v1, but in a practical sense his doing that all game is a massive waste of his potential.
    it doesnt take very long and a soldier will probably finish you off if you don't die

jump on a widow and kill her, mercy will rez her. leave her at death's door and mercy will abandon her. she'll have to run away and heal. she leaves you, you leave the fight, and i taze your helpless supports to death and the fight is now a 3v6

anyway i am climbing and it's really frustrating. how the hell does a team spawn camp another team for 3 whole minutes and then not be able to get point A? the shit makes me angry. it happens a lot. im so tired of needing to cheese shit as bastion. i hate all of these weenie heroes in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesnt take very long and a soldier will probably finish you off if you don't die.
    Meanwhile his Winston is also dead from over-extending. His team is worse off without Winston than mine without Widow. Seen it so many times, in QP and in Comp, in QP Winston will always try to farm me, but it's the same shit, he's ignoring his team and his objective and leaving his role. In comp, they just don't seem to do that, for obvious reasons, which gives Widow a lot more space to work. If it's Genji chasing, he's just doing what he should be; unless Winston has switched specifically to counter me from another DPS which is another plus for my team because there's plenty Winston isn't good for.

In a technical sense, yes, he's a great counter, but in a practical sense he doesn't bother me too much. And, I can always pick up Reaper or D.Va to counter him.

Got the Zarya skin 4 loot boxes into my night.