Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I talk about the comics here too?

DC METAL IS AMAZING!

The batman who laughs dooooodddddeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    zack snyder and the lack of vision is what fucked up the dc movies.
    Snyder had too much vision, if anything. Claiming excitedly that the DCU has a new corporate master in Geoff Johns - the man who presided over the creative bankruptcy of modern DC Comics - is praising the creativity by committee that the Marvel films do so "well".

zack snyder is done. justice league was the only movie left in his contract and they already made geoff johns the feige of dc.

the first two thor movies are considered by most to be the worst of all the mcu movies aside from hulk and have some of the lowest critical reception. your opinion that thor 3 is bad is the minority and i completely disagree with your assessment of the movie.

there is no dc bias. wonder woman is one of the best comic book movies so far AND it got great reviews, but im sure you're going to say "muh feminism" or something to explain that.

zack snyder and the lack of vision is what fucked up the dc movies.

man of steel was bad
    batman vs superman was awful
    suicide squad had a million different edits and rewrites
    then they put johns in charge and we see the difference between 4 people who each have different opinions and visions and 1 person with 1 vision in charge and we get wonder woman.

justice league started out under snyder but hopefully johns made it not so awful. im going in with low expectations, the only thing im truly excited about is finally seeing aquaman on screen because aquaman is one of the few dc characters i love
    Honestly, yeah. Wonder Woman had a really shitty villain and is basically a world war movie with a superhero added in. I liked it. A lot. But I wouldn't say it's better than BvS or Man of Steel. Certainly no phenomenon. It's basically Diana beating some mooks and then winning the war with the power of love (barf) against a completely ridiculous villain ( " THEN I SHAAAAALL DEEEEEEESTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY YOOOOOOU " )

I think WW suffered a lot from its third act. Ares dying stopping the war was lame as fuck, it should've been revealed that it was just human nature that started the war.

And you cannot possibly argue that feminism didn't help the movie, you know damn well any critic bashing the first female superhero movie would be crucified by media.

man of steel was bad
    batman vs superman was awful
    In your opinion. A lot of people liked them.

im going in with low expectations
    Audience reactions are positive.

Critics usually complain about shit most of us don't even notice. When you read reviews before you go in of course you'll Placebo effect yourself into not liking it.

thor 3 is bad is the minority and i completely disagree with your assessment of the movie.
    Oh fucking hell come on. Hela was in Asgard for days and all she did was kill some guards. She was stronger than Thor and Loki together and yet she couldn't even deal with some refugees in the hills.

Thor acted like a buffoon the entire film. He called SURTUR, an ancient foe that his father barely beat, DESTROYER OF WORLDS, son of a bitch and joked around as he hanged from a chain.

Odin's death was treated as a nothing. There was no emotional stakes, no drama in the film. It's a comedy through and through. A very funny movie for sure but if you're going to criticise Justice League/DC for poor villains and bad pacing well holy hell Hela is a giant moron who does nothing the whole movie and in the last 20 minutes of Thor you have Thor losing an eye, fighting Hela, Surtur being reborn, Asgard, Hela and Surtur all blowing up and Thanos finding Thor.

But sure tell me more how DC has bad pacing and bad villains.

If you don't see the double standard we're going to have to agree to disagree because I don't see why I'd waste my fingertips posting anymore.

Oh-- also. We whine that Superman didn't smile and that Batman killed ( something he's done plenty times but we conveniently forget that. Hell he even did it in Nolan's trilogy and not just once ) but Thor acts nothing like his source material.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-11-16 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

In your opinion. A lot of people liked them.

Audience reactions are highly positive..
    not really, which is why you see batman vs superman paraded around as shit, the only thing most people liked was afflecks performance as batman

that scene is the worst in the movie, and one of the worst scenes in all of comic book movie history

and ive read no reviews of justice league.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else been keeping up with Dark Knights Metal?

Reviews are tearing JL a new one. I guess the change of tone (from grey to colors and jokes) mid post-production and re-shooting scenes to make shit funnier backfired. Joss tried to Marvel this out.

not really, which is why you see batman vs superman paraded around as shit, the only thing most people liked was afflecks performance as batman

that scene is the worst in the movie, and one of the worst scenes in all of comic book movie history

and ive read no reviews of justice league.
    Which doesn't matter. The opinions of others shouldn't matter towards yours.

The Martha scene is meant to wake Batman up and make him realise that Clark is just like any other person. He has a family and Luthor has been manipulating them to fight using his mother's life.

Do you have any actual complaints apart from a quick google search of " Why BvS sucked " ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Reviews are tearing JL a new one. I guess the change of tone (from grey to colors and jokes) mid post-production and re-shooting scenes to make shit funnier backfired. Joss tried to Marvel this out.
    Critics just hate Snyder. The main criticisms are pacing and a poor villain.

Go and guess what Ragnarok's main issues were. Whedon reshot some scenes but his influence wasn't big. Just added some jokes and probably made some scenes lighter.

The reception is mixed so far.

Which doesn't matter. The opinions of others shouldn't matter towards yours.

The Martha scene is meant to wake Batman up and make him realise that Clark is just like any other person. He has a family and Luthor has been manipulating them to fight using his mother's life.

Do you have any actual complaints apart from a quick google search of " Why BvS sucked " ?

- - - Updated - - -

Critics just hate Snyder. The main criticisms are pacing and a poor villain.

Go and guess what Ragnarok's main issues were. Whedon reshot some scenes but his influence wasn't big. Just added some jokes and probably made some scenes lighter.

The reception is mixed so far.
    i know exactly what the scene is SUPPOSED to mean. im not going to go through every reason why batman vs superman sucks ive posted about it plenty in this thread when the movie came out
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Joss Whedon reportedly trimmed nearly 50 minutes from JL and reshot 15-20% of the film.

It's going to have the same problems that BvS and Suicide Squad had, where it feels like a jumbled mess that was chopped up and reorganised in editing.

i know exactly what the scene is SUPPOSED to mean.
    Doesn't look like it considering your argument boils down to " It sucks because others say so ".

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Joss Whedon reportedly trimmed nearly 50 minutes from JL and reshot 15-20% of the film.

It's going to have the same problems that BvS and Suicide Squad had, where it feels like a jumbled mess that was chopped up and reorganised in editing.
    I doubt that was Whedon. WB wanted a 2 hour movie so they had to cut a lot from it. I have no idea why, The Avengers ran for 143 ( compared to JL's 120 ) and they had already established Widow, Fury, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Loki had already been a villain for a film.

Why WB/DC chose to make this film SHORTER than that considering their villain and 3 of the main characters were on the screen for the first time ( well, they were in BvS but as cameos really ) is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Has anyone else been keeping up with Dark Knights Metal?
    Yeah. I wonder if this is the darkest dc story they’ve ever done.

So..it's enjoyable & fun but very light and kind of disposable - doesn't stick with you and has a weak villain. Seems DC has finally made a Marvel movie...
    Spot on, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Yeah. I wonder if this is the darkest dc story they’ve ever done.
    I mean..... I dunno. I would need to read them all.

The Batman who laughs had a great origin.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean..... I dunno. I would need to read them all.

The Batman who laughs had a great origin.
    People can complain about there being too much batman but I’m enjoying it. The Batman who laughs was particularly dark and fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    People can complain about there being too much batman but I’m enjoying it. The Batman who laughs was particularly dark and fucked up.
    Well yeah its a lot of Batman, buts its not like its low quality. What if batman had prep time.... and was a evil batman version of the rest of the justice league.

Deleted
    I doubt that was Whedon. WB wanted a 2 hour movie so they had to cut a lot from it. I have no idea why, The Avengers ran for 143 ( compared to JL's 120 ) and they had already established Widow, Fury, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Loki had already been a villain for a film.

Why WB/DC chose to make this film SHORTER than that considering their villain and 3 of the main characters were on the screen for the first time ( well, they were in BvS but as cameos really ) is mind boggling.
    Whether it was Whedons decision or not, you can't deny that he's the hatchet man that was brought in to clean up Snyders mess.

If you ask me, Snyder was done after JL with the DCU, whether he was going to step away himself or be forced out by WB makes no difference, and then the horrible stuff with his daughter happened, and it's been used an excuse by all parties to quietly let Snyder leave the DCU, then they bring in a proven entity like Whedon to course correct to a new lighter tone.

WB/DC gave Snyder his chance, he failed.

Why they gave Snyder that chance is beyond me tbh, he's a fine action director, but he's a piss poor story and character director.

Watchmen was a success because it stayed exceptionally faithful to the graphic novel (with a few exceptions that worked just as well).

Doesn't look like it considering your argument boils down to " It sucks because others say so ".
    it sucks because it is a bad scene. do you call your mother by her first name? do you think batman has any idea who martha is supposed to be? this isnt even mentioning the butchering of ma and pa kent in the first place. there is no emotion and no emotive expressions on cavils face. even affleck fails to bring any charisma to that scene.

the scene is hollow and lifeless. it does not in anyway convey what it is supposed to convey.

zack snyder has openly admitted he does not like superman. the fact that "superman ignores people who need help and just lets people die when he doesnt feel like being superman" is something snyder thinks should be part of the character is evidence enough that he doesnt understand WHO superman is even supposed to be.

man of steel and batman vs superman is to superman what f4ntastic four is to the f4

superman shouldve barely been able to breath with batmans armoured foot pressing down on his lungs and kryptonite cutting his face, cavils face ands speech shouldve conveyed that. and we know its not cavils fault because weve seen him emote in other movies. he shouldve been out of breath, haggard. his body language shouldve reflected this

you compare it to the cap vs iron man scene in civil war and you see a huge difference. their body language and emotes are on point. they look sound and act like someone being beaten within an inch of their life. and the emotional beats of the scene actually resonate and make sense

batman vs superman being bad isnt subjective. its an objective fact. you can like it, that doesnt change anything. i like plenty of shows and movies that are bad that doesnt make them good.

even if all the scenes in the movie were perfect it would still have been a bad movie if for no other reason that the original cut snyder tried to give to wb was 6 god damn fucking hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Whether it was Whedons decision or not, you can't deny that he's the hatchet man that was brought in to clean up Snyders mess.

If you ask me, Snyder was done after JL with the DCU, whether he was going to step away himself or be forced out by WB makes no difference, and then the horrible stuff with his daughter happened, and it's been used an excuse by all parties to quietly let Snyder leave the DCU, then they bring in a proven entity like Whedon to course correct to a new lighter tone.

WB/DC gave Snyder his chance, he failed.

Why they gave Snyder that chance is beyond me tbh, he's a fine action director, but he's a piss poor story and character director.

Watchmen was a success because it stayed exceptionally faithful to the graphic novel (with a few exceptions that worked just as well).

I thought Man of Steel was great, I don't see why people keep saying that. Yes, Clark didn't smile 24/7 nor should he, films are after all made for a larger audience and only kids will buy into that. He went through plenty traumas in that film. You cannot have him be happy from the get go, you have to form him.

The hero that's always hopeful and bright is unrealistic, it doesn't work. Even Captain America that's basically less strong Superman has his grim moments.