Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wake up with hell on earth and people in the groups discussing that DCEU is officially dead.

Removing Superman and batman for batgirl, supergirl and Shazan, erasing snyder movies, No more Henry or Affleck, as Keving Feige laugh at the distance

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Wake up with hell on earth and people in the groups discussing that DCEU is officially dead.

Removing Superman and batman for batgirl, supergirl and Shazan, erasing snyder movies, No more Henry or Affleck, as Keving Feige laugh at the distance
    If Kevin Feige is laughing... it's not a recent development. The DCEU has never really been a threat the the MCU.

And really, WB pretty much abandoned the Snyderverse after Justice League flopped anyway. Everything released since then has been mostly self-contained with only the barest acknowledgement that they exist in the same universe. The Flash movie, based roughly on the Flashpoint Paradox, just gives them the opportunity for a soft reboot and relaunch... just like the comic book version. It means they can decide what to keep from the DCEU...and what to get rid of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If Kevin Feige is laughing... it's not a recent development. The DCEU has never really been a threat the the MCU. .
    it wasn't a threat yeap, but now their 'rival" is pretty much dead if the rumors confirms to be true. Kevin "Laughs" that now he can get Cavill a marvel hero and do him justice, he deserves better

i would not mind a soft reboot, but redo the entire thing with a even worse incarnation of justice league? come on, seems like a shot in the feet.

it wasn't a threat yeap, but now their 'rival" is pretty much dead if the rumors confirms to be true. Kevin "Laughs" that now he can get Cavill a marvel hero and do him justice, he deserves better
    I think, if Feige cares one way or the other, a reboot is potentially more worrysome than keeping the DCEU afloat. The Snyderverse was really polarizing...and it drove a lot of fans right into Feige's loving arms. A reboot gives DC an opportunity to win some of them back.

As regards Cavill, there wasn't really anything stopping him from going to the MCU anyway. He hasn't done anything with the DCEU since JL and there doesn't seem to be any exclusivity clauses in any of the contracts...since multiple actors have played both DC and Marvel characters. Reportedly, Marvel and Cavill have already been talking about him joining the MCU.

i would not mind a soft reboot, but redo the entire thing with a even worse incarnation of justice league? come on, seems like a shot in the feet.
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be a "worse" incarnation of the Justice League. They've still got Pattinson as Batman and they're making a new Superman movie (without Cavill)....so they can always bring them in. They should build up the roster a bit before rushing into a new Justice League movie anyway. One of the biggest failings on the DCEU was that it rushed to Justice League too quickly. Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg should all have had their solo movies first.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-02 at 09:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think, if Feige cares one way or the other, a reboot is potentially more worrysome than keeping the DCEU afloat. The Snyderverse was really polarizing...and it drove a lot of fans right into Feige's loving arms. A reboot gives DC an opportunity to win some of them back.
    a reboot like that is just laughable.

while justice league was shit, the snyder cut give people what they wanted, reviving the snyderverse was the only way to DECU to engage.

unless they jut keep making shit series.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a "worse" incarnation of the Justice League. They've still got Pattinson as Batman and they're making a new Superman movie (without Cavill)....so they can always bring them in. They should build up the roster a bit before rushing into a new Justice League movie anyway. One of the biggest failings on the DCEU was that it rushed to Justice League too quickly. Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg should all have had their solo movies first.
    pretty sure Pattinson Batman is their own separate universe, and have nothing to do with the justice league, no one rly want another superman without Cavil, another re-teling story of super-man is just boring.

Like rumors said, things will not be any good.

a reboot like that is just laughable.

while justice league was shit, the snyder cut give people what they wanted, reviving the snyderverse was the only way to DECU to engage.
    Everyone says that same thing every time there's a reboot.

Snyder's movies were polarizing. That's not a good base to build a cinematic universe from. They need an architect, like Feige, to build them something solid to work from. A reboot is the best way to accomplish that. And, if you haven't read flashpoint paradox, the resolution is a new rebooted universe, yes...but a lot of the previous canon ended up getting carried forward. That's why it was called a "soft reboot". There's no reason they can't take things from the "snyderverse" forward into the new DCEU... they can just get rid of the crap that didn't work.

I mean, even people that like the Snyderverse hated Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. And the Suicide Squad version of the Joker fell kinda flat too. And they wasted Doomsday. Those are some of the most iconic villains in DC...and they suck in the DCEU.

But they can take Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam forward.

pretty sure Pattinson Batman is their own separate universe, and have nothing to do with the justice league
    Exactly, and that separate universe could very well be the new DCEU. I'm not saying it will be, it might just be it's own pocket universe that never expands into anything else...but they could make it the starting point of the new expanded universe.

no one rly want another superman without Cavil, another re-teling story of super-man is just boring.
    Again, everyone always says the same thing. No one wanted a new Superman when Cavill was cast either. Nor did they want a new Batman when Affleck was cast.

And it might not even be the "Clark Kent" Superman in the new movies. They might go with the "Calvin Ellis" version. So it wouldn't be a re-telling of the same story.

Or they could do like Marvel did with the new Spider-Man movies and skip the origin story altogether. I mean, everyone knows Superman's origin at least as well as they know Spider-Man's. We don't need to see Krypton blow up again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone says that same thing every time there's a reboot.
    well, im saying a reboot like that

a justice elague without batman and super is a nope. its especially worse if you remove Cavill, whow as the best superman we had for a while

Snyder's movies were polarizing. That's not a good base to build a cinematic universe from. They need an architect, like Feige, to build them something solid to work from. A reboot is the best way to accomplish that. And, if you haven't read flashpoint paradox, the resolution is a new rebooted universe, yes...but a lot of the previous canon ended up getting carried forward. That's why it was called a "soft reboot". There's no reason they can't take things from the "snyderverse" forward into the new DCEU... they can just get rid of the crap that didn't work.
    And thats why im saying, as far the rumors go, that is not what going to happen, it seems like a shit reboot without an arcihtet at all.
    But they can take Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam forward.
    and it hurts my soul that they will take shazam forward

Exactly, and that separate universe could very well be the new DCEU. I'm not saying it will be, it might just be it's own pocket universe that never expands into anything else...but they could make it the starting point of the new expanded universe.
    they might, but that does not seem likeky, per rurmors.
    Again, everyone always says the same thing. No one wanted a new Superman when Cavill was cast either. Nor did they want a new Batman when Affleck was cast.
    but we didn't had a super-man and Nolan trilogy batman does not work, pretty sure people wanted that
    And it might not even be the "Clark Kent" Superman in the new movies. They might go with the "Calvin Ellis" version. So it wouldn't be a re-telling of the same story

as far the leak goes, there will be no super-man, it will be the super-girl from the flash movie. and Batgirl instead of afleck batman.

I’ve seen that « leak » or prediction too. If true… yeah DCEU is dead.

WB ego is so huge they aren’t willing to work on Snyder’s JL success, and they prefer erasing all in favor of characters nobody gives a shit about. I can’t see them succeeding that way.

Guess we’ll see what The Flash looks like before judging though

a justice elague without batman and super is a nope. its especially worse if you remove Cavill, whow as the best superman we had for a while
    Well, many incarnations of the Justice League haven't had either.

and it hurts my soul that they will take shazam forward
    Shazam was better than most of the DCEU.

they might, but that does not seem likeky, per rurmors.
    No, it doesn't...per those rumours. Ezra Miller appears to have debunked those.

And, at the same time, there are still rumours that WB is going to restore the Snyderverse...obviously both can't be true.

but we didn't had a super-man and Nolan trilogy batman does not work, pretty sure people wanted that
    A lot of people wanted Christian Bale to continue as Batman.

And, technically, we did have another Superman... Tom Welling. He had just finished up with Smallville a couple years before that.

And remember...the internet was PISSED when they heard about Affleck being cast as the Batman. Just like they are pissed when ANYONE is cast as Batman. There's a long tradition of people hating whoever gets cast as Batman.

as far the leak goes, there will be no super-man, it will be the super-girl from the flash movie. and Batgirl instead of afleck batman.
    To be fair, Affleck already retired as Batman. He came back to do Flashpoint...but it's not clear if he intended on moving forward after that.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-03 at 05:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, many incarnations of the Justice League haven't had either.
    And those are a nope for me too.
    Shazam was better than most of the DCEU.
    it was better commercially i guess, but i think it was rly meh, the actor, the suit, awful, dude is more of a child in shazan form than in his child form.

No, it doesn't...per those rumours. Ezra Miller appears to have debunked those.
    He did now, but how much does he know? isn't news that some actors say in the dark, and they cna say it is cnaon, and still reboot anyway, which is the problem to some people.

A lot of people wanted Christian Bale to continue as Batman.
    i know they did, but , rly doesn't work with a more "close to comics" batman, imo
    And, technically, we did have another Superman... Tom Welling. He had just finished up with Smallville a couple years before that.
    And i would not rly mind him, but he wasn't the superman in the movies, so there is that

And remember...the internet was PISSED when they heard about Affleck being cast as the Batman. Just like they are pissed when ANYONE is cast as Batman. There's a long tradition of people hating whoever gets cast as Batman.
    i liked, but the problem is, no one being cast as batman, with a super girl instead.

To be fair, Affleck already retired as Batman. He came back to do Flashpoint...but it's not clear if he intended on moving forward after that.
    They did put him down though, i don't think it was his decision.

But imo, justice league is batman, superman, wonder woman, then friends, if you remove these 3 to build up the DCEU universe, is dead on arrival.

He did now, but how much does he know? isn't news that some actors say in the dark, and they cna say it is cnaon, and still reboot anyway, which is the problem to some people.
    He probably knows more than some randos.

i know they did, but , rly doesn't work with a more "close to comics" batman, imo
    Affleck's Batman isn't really close to comics either. Batman doesn't brand and murder criminals in the comics. If you want DC characters that are close to comics...you don't want Zack Snyder.

And i would not rly mind him, but he wasn't the superman in the movies, so there is that
    Some people wanted him though. Personally, I prefer Cavill...but I'm just saying... there's always people complaining when someone gets cast.

i liked, but the problem is, no one being cast as batman, with a super girl instead.
    Michael Keaton will still be Batman...old Batman mentoring Batgirl and, according to the rumour, working with Black Canary.

They did put him down though, i don't think it was his decision.
    It was his decision to retire in the first place. Now, maybe he changed his mind later...but by that point they'd already cast Pattinson and started filming Matt Reeves' Batman film...which already had to be re-worked because of Affleck quitting.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-03 at 06:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He probably knows more than some randos.
    maybe he does, maybe the randos have reliable source for the leaks, it would not be the first time.

Affleck's Batman isn't really close to comics either. Batman doesn't brand and murder criminals in the comics. If you want DC characters that are close to comics...you don't want Zack Snyder.
    I don't think Affleck batman killed anyone, from what i remember, but there was some incarnations of batman that did.

Michael Keaton will still be Batman...old Batman mentoring Batgirl and, according to the rumour, working with Black Canary.
    yeah, and that is, dead on arrival, that relation would be way down the road, you said yourself they need a abse for a cinematic universe, this is putting the car before the horses, people want to see the justice league, especially after snyder cut

It was his decision to retire in the first place. Now, maybe he changed his mind later...but by that point they'd already cast Pattinson and started filming Matt Reeves' Batman film...which already had to be re-worked because of Affleck quitting.
    Weird i think he was put down because shit happening between the sheets.

I don't think Affleck batman killed anyone, from what i remember, but there was some incarnations of batman that did.
    Did you not watch BvS?

There are some incarnations of batman that kill...but not the "main" version that people think of when they ask for a "close to comics" Batman.

Weird i think he was put down because shit happening between the sheets.
    Based on what?

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-affle...roke-canceled/

Ben Affleck has revealed the reasoning behind him giving away from the cowl. "I showed somebody The Batman script," the actor told The New York Times. "They said, 'I think the script is good. I also think you'll drink yourself to death if you go through what you just went through again.'" The New York Times piece also said Affleck stepped down "after deciding that the troubled shoot for Justice League had sapped his interest".

Hmf... I liked Snyder's Justice League...

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you not watch BvS?

There are some incarnations of batman that kill...but not the "main" version that people think of when they ask for a "close to comics" Batman.
    the part when he is in the desert kind of thing isn't real, so doesn't rly count, the rest is a stretch.

And still, isn't like is some rampage killer, he changed, there was the character growth.

Based on what?
    shit that happened at the time.

the part when he is in the desert kind of thing isn't real, so doesn't rly count, the rest is a stretch.
    THe video minuses the kills in the dream sequence when Bruce wakes up...so yeah...they aren't counted.

The rest is a stretch? Watch the video again.

Flipping the car over into a trailer. Okay, sure, those guys probably could have lived through that...but then taking that same car and dropping it upside down on top of another car? You can't tell me that people don't get killed there.

Shredding the SUV with machine gun fire (while a guy is hanging out the back), ramming into it, and having it explode. It's a stretch to say people died there? Really...that's your argument?

And still, isn't like is some rampage killer, he changed, there was the character growth.
    It's exactly like he's a rampage killer. When did he change? He was still killing people when he went to "Save Martha"

shit that happened at the time.
    THat's not an answer. What specifically?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-03 at 05:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    THe video minuses the kills in the dream sequence when Bruce wakes up...so yeah...they aren't counted.

The rest is a stretch? Watch the video again.

Flipping the car over into a trailer. Okay, sure, those guys probably could have lived through that...but then taking that same car and dropping it upside down on top of another car? You can't tell me that people don't get killed there.

Shredding the SUV with machine gun fire (while a guy is hanging out the back), ramming into it, and having it explode. It's a stretch to say people died there? Really...that's your argument?

It's exactly like he's a rampage killer. When did he change? He was still killing people when he went to "Save Martha"
    im saying that those "brutal scenes" where just for show, he didn't rly aimed to kill people, if they die they die.

THat's not an answer. What specifically?
    you think i will remember shit that happened some years ago., it was rumors as well

im saying that those "brutal scenes" where just for show, he didn't rly aimed to kill people, if they die they die.
    He blew up a truck with people inside... but he wasn't aiming to kill anyone? Blows up a flamethrower without intending on killing the guy wielding it?

Be serious.

At the very least that's depraved-heart murder

https://www.duhaime.org/Legal-Dictio...vedHeartMurder

"Depraved heart murder is the form of murder that establishes that the wilful doing of a dangerous and reckless act with wanton indifference to the consequences and perils involved, is just as blameworthy, and just as worthy of punishment, when the harmful result ensues, as is the express intent to kill itself. This highly blameworthy state of mind is not one of mere negligence. It is not merely one even of gross criminal negligence. It involves rather the deliberate perpetration of a knowingly dangerous act with reckless and wanton unconcern and indifference as to whether anyone is harmed or not. The common law treats such a state of mind as just as blameworthy, just as anti-social and, therefore, just as truly murderous as the specific intents to kill and to harm."
    And that's giving Batman a whole lot of benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually mean to kill anyone when he blew up the vehicle they were inside.

"Bruuuuuuce...that kills people!"

you think i will remember shit that happened some years ago., it was rumors as well
    If you're going to say something like he was forced out... I would expect you to remember why.

And think about it logically... if they forced him out in the first place...why would they invite him back to do the Flash?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-03 at 10:25 PM.

Who gives a shit if Batman kills people, Keaton punched a guy in the dick then threw him down a tower with a bomb strapped to him, Batman kills people all the time in the movies stop being autists. u dunt knew da churecter... he's fictional sir

DC should do nothing like Marvel, and I hope they keep making some edgy shit, if I want fun brain dead colours popping Marvel is right there, I want edgy brain dead grim and gritty from DC.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't remember how do you know what it was? like LOL WTF?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.