Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsan View Post
    What, you will often crit 500-900k in Pve with fof ticks depending on buffs
    Not against players lol
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsan View Post
    What, you will often crit 500-900k in Pve with fof ticks depending on buffs
    Yeah, the issue with the complaints on the official forums is that people seem to be using PvE numbers to claim PvP power, which means they're likely complaining about World PvP, which Blizz doesn't care about.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hi guys,

I have recently come back to wow after a long hiatus and have been playing my WW monk. Now that I'm at 110 and decently geared for Heroics I'm struggling to a) have effective keybinds for pve/pvp and b) execute the rotation properly.

Would you suggest just non stop spamming the rotation at the test dummy? If I could clear up my ui and have good keybinds I think it would make it easier, I'm not used to classes having long cooldowns in their rotations

Thanks so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    BTI is a great trinket because of the Agility, the haste proc can help you fit a 3rd RSK into Serenity if it happens at the right time, but other than that its plenty of haste. You can get by with 0% haste just fine.
    Now that gets me wondering. I just got a Tempered Egg of Serpentrix , 870 with a socket. I could replace it with either one I currently got equipped. Now I don't really even know if it's worth replacing even though it's quite the ilvl increase compared. Would you/or anybody else in this thread replace any of my two trinkets with the Tempered Egg that I got today? I'm asking specifically because the Eye of Guarm I couldn't find it in your sim list and it's basically pure stat increase.

TL;DR: Would YOU or ANYBODY else replace one of those two trinkets with the Tempered Egg 870 trinket(with socket)? I can put ANY gem here, even 200+ agility(I don't have that yet on anything)
    Last edited by mmoc960807415e; 2016-11-23 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the issue with the complaints on the official forums is that people seem to be using PvE numbers to claim PvP power, which means they're likely complaining about World PvP, which Blizz doesn't care about.
    Even in world pvp I've never seen such numbers for FoF TICKS. Over the full channel duration, sure, but not for single ticks. If each tick did 900k people would be dead before the channel ends, which never happened to me at least.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SiimcXD View Post
    Now that gets me wondering. I just got a Tempered Egg of Serpentrix , 870 with a socket. I could replace it with either one I currently got equipped. Now I don't really even know if it's worth replacing even though it's quite the ilvl increase compared. Would you/or anybody else in this thread replace any of my two trinkets with the Tempered Egg that I got today? I'm asking specifically because the Eye of Guarm I couldn't find it in your sim list and it's basically pure stat increase.

TL;DR: Would YOU or ANYBODY else replace one of those two trinkets with the Tempered Egg 870 trinket(with socket)? I can put ANY gem here, even 200+ agility(I don't have that yet on anything)
    Because trinkets are complicated, and sockets on trinkets even more so, your best bet is to sim it yourelf to get the answer. I'd expect that the Egg would be better than Eye of Guarm, specially if you can toss another 200 agi into the socket.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Because trinkets are complicated, and sockets on trinkets even more so, your best bet is to sim it yourelf to get the answer. I'd expect that the Egg would be better than Eye of Guarm, specially if you can toss another 200 agi into the socket.
    I've simmed it that way right now. I didnt put in a 200agi gem into it yet but it simmed 4k dps higher even without it and my AGI scales for 11.44 vs vers which scales for 8.15 having the Serepntrix equipped.

So all in all, this IS actually both an ilvl and dps increase and even more so with 200agi gem, right? I do wonder does this also count the proc that MAY happen with the Serepentrix? Sorry for asking so much I'm just new to all of this and WoW in general.
    Last edited by mmoc960807415e; 2016-11-23 at 02:50 PM.

So, they nerfed the new WW legendary down to a maximum of 20 stacks.

The only way this thing could be good is if each stack is multiplicative instead of additive. I.e., doing 100%*2*2*2*2*2 etc instead of 100%*21.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SiimcXD View Post
    I've simmed it that way right now. I didnt put in a 200agi gem into it yet but it simmed 4k dps higher even without it and my AGI scales for 11.44 vs vers which scales for 8.15 having the Serepntrix equipped.

So all in all, this IS actually both an ilvl and dps increase and even more so with 200agi gem, right? I do wonder does this also count the proc that MAY happen with the Serepentrix? Sorry for asking so much I'm just new to all of this and WoW in general.
    Sims do count the proc damage - should be in the list of damaging abilities, near the bottom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    So, they nerfed the new WW legendary down to a maximum of 20 stacks.

The only way this thing could be good is if each stack is multiplicative instead of additive. I.e., doing 100%*2*2*2*2*2 etc instead of 100%*21.
    I'm still expecting a major buff to crackle damage or complete removal of the energy usage tbh. It was already a DPS loss if it was up passively at max stacks at all times BEFORE this "nerf". Multiplicative would be incredibly overpowered though; you'd be looking at like 15-20 million damage at 20 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yeah holy shit, the US monk forums are 50% threads of other classes whinging about "OP WW PVP" and how they got hit for ONE MILLION HP by SotW in instanced pvp (suuuuuuuure) or how they get instakilled by 200k FoF ticks (suuuuuuuure, i don't think even in pve with all buffs you'd get 200k FoF ticks).

But US class forums on the official forum have always been cesspools since vanilla so not much has changed there.
    I'm pretty sure SotW can hit for 1 million on instanced pvp and FoF can tick for more than 200k, My FoF can crit for 600k each tick on PvE outside serenity...

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I'm pretty sure SotW can hit for 1 million on instanced pvp and FoF can tick for more than 200k, My FoF can crit for 600k each tick on PvE outside serenity...
    My FoF ticks are about 100-140k without serenity (25% damage increase [Serenity is only a 20% damage increase in the PvP template, the other 5% comes from the weapon trait]) in PvP. SotWL also doesn't hit for that much either (260k MH normal / 120k OH normal). They both hit for quite a bit less on the PvP templates.

200k+ FoF ticks only happen if you get a crit during serenity, and sometimes even then it's barely above 200k.

Edit: Did a quick BG, highest FoF tick was a 225k crit on a resto druid without any defensives up with serenity. Ironbark is a 56% damage reduction when spec'd for it in PvP, which means that 225k crit would've been even lower if he had ironbark up.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2016-11-23 at 07:24 PM.

I have a question, I'm currently kinda struggling in my mythic+

I rerolled to monk from a sub rogue (which hurts, had 2 legendries AK 15 and 872 ilvl), so when I'm trying to AOE and get FOF out as quickly as possible this is what it looks like (I run serenity(this could be the issue as not running SEF and WDP for low mythics))

I've only been 110 for a week so my trinkets are severely lacking and also my relics are not FOF. Taffyz-Sargeras

So on initial pull with no EE or Serenity I do something like this

TP > Windlord > TP > BK > TP > FOF and this just feels wrong and most of the mobs will be dead already causing my DPS to be shit.. any recommendations?

Also struggling to figure out when to SCK single target, is it when I have excess Chi and everything worthwhile is on cooldown and I just used blackout kick?

Oh also, I don't even have my first gold dragon because I went left instead of right because I heard that's what you should do if you're so behind in AP/gear (by the time AK catchup comes out ill probably be close to 10)
    Last edited by Discostick; 2016-11-23 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Sims do count the proc damage - should be in the list of damaging abilities, near the bottom.
    Ah thanks for that, still it is a better trinket due to scaling. On a side note I just received the neck legendary, not the best legendary ever but it's a big upgrade stats wise, the bonus on the next is just an extra and I find it to be quite useful. I will be able to equip it in ~20 hours, just in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Not in PVP lol, not anywhere near those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    So on initial pull with no EE or Serenity I do something like this
    Not too much you can do to avoid awkward openings with no cooldowns, chi generation being what it is. It gets better if you manage to get the legendary boots though. I can TP > SotWL > TP > FOF. One trick to help you push a little more damage though is to do a Flying serpent Kick and Chi Wave right before the pull to get initial hit combo stacks.

Also struggling to figure out when to SCK single target, is it when I have excess Chi and everything worthwhile is on cooldown and I just used blackout kick?
    The only time you SCK on single target is during Serenity. You can use SCK in an emergency to maintain hit combo but that means you messed up somewhere so the correct answer is to not make that mistake again. When everything is on cooldown you are better off pooling your energy and using the time to plan ahead your next moves.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Not too much you can do to avoid awkward openings with no cooldowns, chi generation being what it is. It gets better if you manage to get the legendary boots though. I can TP > SotWL > TP > FOF. One trick to help you push a little more damage though is to do a Flying serpent Kick and Chi Wave right before the pull to get initial hit combo stacks.

The only time you SCK on single target is during Serenity. You can use SCK in an emergency to maintain hit combo but that means you messed up somewhere so the correct answer is to not make that mistake again. When everything is on cooldown you are better off pooling your energy and using the time to plan ahead your next moves.
    Yay! TY! Was looking for information like this! everything I find just lists the priority order (which is kinda obvious), but it doesn't go into those awkward moments when you don't have serenity/excess chi/EE and the tank pulls 10 mobs! Thank you again! Yeah, thankfully I figured out to FSK/Chi wave in between pulls/phases.

Glad I made sure I wasn't doing anything insane, can't wait to get those boots.. Here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    Glad I made sure I wasn't doing anything insane, can't wait to get those boots.. Here's to hoping!
    Let me tell you, Friend. They are absolutely beautiful to use and behold.

Now if only I could get the belt next, then I'd be really happy!

Deleted
    Anecdotal, but I think using CJL to maintain hit combo (BoK CJL BoK) is better than burning three chi on a single target SCK to maintain it.

If you're that desperate you can just FSK and instant cancel..