15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I miss the old days when the alt-right on this forum would go "I'm not racist. I just treat blacks/muslims/mexicans like they act, criminals and animals! All of them are disgusting, etc."

It took a few bans for them to realize they needed to stop sharing their views of all black/brown people on these forums. But they still claim to not be racist. Even the ones who openly admitted to supporting the KKK.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Right?! I love to see the naked racist terminology behind a thinly-veiled sentence over "law and order" or "welfare reform" bullshit. These people are literally using the same arguments, leading questions, and slanderous verbiage to get there point across to every other dog whistle racist on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Right?! I love to see the naked racist terminology behind a thinly-veiled sentence over "law and order" or "welfare reform" bullshit. These people are literally using the same arguments, leading questions, and slanderous verbiage to get there point across to every other dog whistle racist on this board.
    We've done a great job of convincing people racism is bad, but a poor job of teaching them what racism is.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    We've done a great job of convincing people racism is bad, but a poor job of teaching them what racism is.
    That's exactly what it is.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, who saw Melania Trump's speech yesterday?

I'll flat-out admit I didn't, because if I wanted to watch a beautiful woman who dropped out of college, with no useful political, military, business or legal experience to back her statements up, I'll just watch Beyonce stump for Clinton. But I did find the transcript. Some of the lines escaped public scrutiny (hell the whole speech did), such as "Do we want a country that respects women and provides them with equal opportunities?" (HAH), "Do we want a country where every child has access to a good education?" (Trump vowed to gut the Department of Education and railed against Common Core, which is a state issue), "I’m a full time mother to our son Barron, an incredible boy." (that's great if true, maybe they hire a nanny maybe they don't, but Trump's child care plan is basically tax credit for paying for nannies).

But of course the big take-away was this:

Technology has changed our universe. But like anything that is powerful, it can have a bad side. We have seen these already. As adults, many of us are able to handle mean words, even lies. Children and teenagers can be fragile. They are hurt when they are made fun of or made to feel less in looks or intelligence. This makes their life hard and can force them to hide and retreat. Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers. It is never OK when a 12 year old girl or boy is mocked, bullied, or attacked. It is terrible when that happens on the playground.

And it is absolutely unacceptable when it is done by someone with no name hiding on the internet.

We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other. We must find better ways to honor and support the basic goodness of our children, especially in social media.

Naturally, everyone had the same response: "You know you're married to DONALD TRUMP, right?"

This led to an exchange between Anderson Cooper and Kellyanne "remember the Alamo" Conway, God bless her for sticking it out to the very bitter end. But again, she found herself trying to defend the undefendable. Trump's insults and bullying by word, tweet, and deed go well beyond anything Trump's illegal trophy immigrant wife could gloss over.

Wanna see the video? My favorite part is at 1:08 where Cooper says "That part about Carly Fiorina's face, that wasn't a counterattack. That was just...an attack."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, who saw Melania Trump's speech yesterday?

I'll flat-out admit I didn't, because if I wanted to watch a beautiful woman who dropped out of college, with no useful political, military, business or legal experience to back her statements up, I'll just watch Beyonce stump for Clinton. But I did find the transcript. Some of the lines escaped public scrutiny (hell the whole speech did), such as "Do we want a country that respects women and provides them with equal opportunities?" (HAH), "Do we want a country where every child has access to a good education?" (Trump vowed to gut the Department of Education and railed against Common Core, which is a state issue), "I’m a full time mother to our son Barron, an incredible boy." (that's great if true, maybe they hire a nanny maybe they don't, but Trump's child care plan is basically tax credit for paying for nannies).

But of course the big take-away was this:

Technology has changed our universe. But like anything that is powerful, it can have a bad side. We have seen these already. As adults, many of us are able to handle mean words, even lies. Children and teenagers can be fragile. They are hurt when they are made fun of or made to feel less in looks or intelligence. This makes their life hard and can force them to hide and retreat. Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers. It is never OK when a 12 year old girl or boy is mocked, bullied, or attacked. It is terrible when that happens on the playground.

And it is absolutely unacceptable when it is done by someone with no name hiding on the internet.

We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other. We must find better ways to honor and support the basic goodness of our children, especially in social media.

Naturally, everyone had the same response: "You know you're married to DONALD TRUMP, right?"

This led to an exchange between Anderson Cooper and Kellyanne "remember the Alamo" Conway, God bless her for sticking it out to the very bitter end. But again, she found herself trying to defend the undefendable. Trump's insults and bullying by word, tweet, and deed go well beyond anything Trump's illegal trophy immigrant wife could gloss over.

Wanna see the video? My favorite part is at 1:08 where Cooper says "That part about Carly Fiorina's face, that wasn't a counterattack. That was just...an attack."
    i tried watching her "speech" but it was just awful and ironic all togethe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    Also, Trump Supporters are posting fake ads for voting trying to get Hillary voters to text in their votes to a fake number rather than go to the polls and have their votes counted:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/11/f...r-clinton.html
    ok, thats pretty hilarious. doubt anyone would actually fall for that, right???

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    and if they do, they probably shouldnt be voting in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'm not surprised. They've backed several other anti-EU rightwing parties in Europe too.
    Thankfully, most of my country is not anti-EU(not including euro skeptics), because they 'don't know enough about it' lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock View Post
    Way to misrepresent people's words with exaggerated nonsense. It's no surprise why people are tired of this "if you disagree with me, you are ___ist" mentality. Too many strawman attacks from the left. Precisely why I left the party years ago.
    So, because you disagree with what he said due to "you are ___ist mentality", part of your reply is the strawman attacks from the left? You do realize you are proving his point? In fact, think about what leaving the left party means and think of the commonly used words ending with 'ist'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Did it leak from an email? No? Why should I care? Candidates lie all the time, yeah Trump is lying about his lying. It's obvious the way the game is played. Now, if it was in an email of his that Wikileaks found, maybe then I would be concerned. But, think about it this way... thousands of emails from Hillary and her staff and her supporters... yet, how many of their emails are about Trump doing anything wrong? 0? Yeah, just like the number of reasons to not vote Trump.

/rimshot
    It's sad when candidates lies so much that we pretty much accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    You haven't seen your average Hillary Supporter, it would probably be the same people who shaved their heads to support Beibers battle with cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    The bit about them stopping the attacks after Trump went off on Khans is pretty funny. Just the idea of Russia thinking Trump went too far, but his support didn't move... is pretty funny... thinking of just the inner monologues of these hackers.

They got a job for a few months, news are coming in great after the RNC convention bump. You think your job is all set. You will work for about 6 more months, mission successful. Then bam... Trump does, what you can only hope you can find in his opponent's email, and your solid and successful job is over. Only to get a call back, telling you the job you did was so good, even Trump saying it didn't mater. Win or lose, this guy is getting a promotion... I see a box of bananas in his future...

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad when candidates lies so much that we pretty much accept it.
    What do you expect? We have a candidate, whose most vocal supporters will argue endlessly about not supporting him. This isn't the self awareness election...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Exactly. People know that racism is bad, but they don't realize that not wanting to transfer more wealth from the middle class to the lower classes is racist. People know that racism is bad, but they just aren't familiar with the really true fact that if you don't want to subsidize people moving from their terrible neighborhood into your suburb, you're a racist. They just need some reeducation and we'll be all set.

The bit about them stopping the attacks after Trump went off on Khans is pretty funny. Just the idea of Russia thinking Trump went too far, but his support didn't move... is pretty funny... thinking of just the inner monologues of these hackers.

They got a job for a few months, news are coming in great after the RNC convention bump. You think your job is all set. You will work for about 6 more months, mission successful. Then bam... Trump does, what you can only hope you can find in his opponent's email, and your solid and successful job is over. Only to get a call back, telling you the job you did was so good, even Trump saying it didn't mater. Win or lose, this guy is getting a promotion... I see a box of bananas in his future...

- - - Updated - - -

What do you expect? We have a candidates, whose most vocal supporters will argue endlessly about not supporting them. This isn't the self awareness election...
    Fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed it for you
    No, that just proves my self awareness point. Remember, I have no issue in saying I support Hillary. As has just about everyone who posts against Trump the majority of time. The people who actually admit supporting Trump, usually are named a variety of Trump. Like realtrump and Trump...

Edit: there is a simple way to fix what I said to negate it. All you have to do is say you support Trump. Not that you hate Hillary more or that Hillary is a monster or that we need to keep Bill out of office or that you want to see the country burn. Skip all of that and just say that you support Trump... but, you don't, so my point stands...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-11-04 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh did someone just mess with my man Carper?

IT IS ON NOW MOTHERF*@%ERS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Exactly. People know that racism is bad, but they don't realize that not wanting to transfer more wealth from the middle class to the lower classes is racist. People know that racism is bad, but they just aren't familiar with the really true fact that if you don't want to subsidize people moving from their terrible neighborhood into your suburb, you're a racist. They just need some reeducation and we'll be all set.
    Actually, thinking that "wealth distribution" is race based, is part of the point you agreed with. There is no reason to bring race into arguments about wealth disparity in US. There are a lot of races in both middle and lower class, while claiming the goal is to take from middle and not the top, is simply disengenous.

Actually, thinking that "wealth distribution" is race based, is part of the point you agreed with. There is no reason to bring race into arguments about wealth disparity in US. There are a lot of races in both middle and lower class, while claiming the goal is to take from middle and not the top, is simply disengenous.
    I agree - that's my point! When posters (and real life people) argue that welfare reform is "racist", they're being absolutely ridiculous. The whole point of such an argument is to avoid any substantive argument about policy and brand the opposition as bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    stop trying to legitimate them please it's getting ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I agree - that's my point! When posters (and real life people) argue that welfare reform is "racist", they're being absolutely ridiculous. The whole point of such an argument is to avoid any substantive argument about policy and brand the opposition as bad people.
    I am saying you are doing the same thing, but the other side of the coin. Saying welfare reform is racist, is the same coin as saying everyone thinks it's about race. In both cases, you are making the whole issue about race. You are not saying that in this case or this example they used it. But, just like the side you agree is wrong, you are making race part if the issue in general.