There is a reason the American court system uses the phrase "Not guilty" instead of "Innocent" when rendering verdicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That's besides the fact that Death Panels already existed, insurance companies could decide your hospitalization would cost too much and boot you and now that you have a pre-existing condition you can't get any health care and you died from something that could of been cured. Reps were saying they don't want govt deciding that but I don't want a corporate bean counter deciding that either.
    Wait, the fuck? How is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Because America operates on the, "competition will fix it," belief which is about as valid as believing moon fairies will come down to take care of your medical needs.

It's not legal anymore thanks to Obamacare.

Glorious 'Murica, that's how. You could legally get dropped by your insurance if you were too expensive, and at that point good luck trying to get coverage elsewhere as you could be denied coverage when applying to other insurers.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...ut-4599541.php

A good example of what happened before a lot of the rules that came with the ACA kicked in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Again - wtf does Hillary have to do with this? You liberals can never stay on topic - you have to extrapolate to try and make some idiotic point and deflect. "oh yea, well what abut Bush" is usually the go to.

He asked a question about Cosby - SPECIFICALLY. Try to stay on point.
    You are like Trump. When someone says something he has no response to, he goes, "See, politicians... All talk, no action". Same for you, except you replace "politicians" with another buzzword: "liberals". The meaning of which you, of course, don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    As I said, it is my OPINION that she is guilty.
    What you've said is like "it is my opinion that the temperature at the center of the Sun is +15 C". Your opinion is wrong, dude, that's all there is to it. "It is my opinion" is a convenient excuse for being ignorant, but it doesn't work when dealing with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    What is a REAL American? Uneducated white men as the polls suggest or what is it?
    Uneducated would be a compliment when compared to smug kids sporting their women's studies degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Uneducated would be a compliment when compared to smug kids sporting their women's studies degrees.
    Do you guys get this stuff off a dart board or a wheel of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What you've said is like "it is my opinion that the temperature at the center of the Sun is +15 C". Your opinion is wrong, dude, that's all there is to it. "It is my opinion" is a convenient excuse for being ignorant, but it doesn't work when dealing with facts.
    That's quite the false equivalency, and also exactly why the legal system uses the phrase "Not guilty" instead of "Innocent."

Al Capone was never found guilty of involvement in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, so from a legal standpoint he's not guilty... but that doesn't mean he's innocent, or wasn't involved. It just means he was never convicted in a court of law.

It's like the O.J. Simpson murder trial. He was found "Not guilty" in the criminal trial but "Liable" in the following civil trial. There are few reasons that was able to happen, but the difference between "Not guilty" and "Innocent" is one of them.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2016-11-04 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Unless you are in a death maze, and need to answer a women's study question to escape. What then?
    Don't tell him about our evil liberal plans for camps post election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's quite the false equivalency, and also exactly why the legal system uses the phrase "Not guilty" instead of "Innocent."

Al Capone was never found guilty of involvement in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, so from a legal standpoint he's not guilty... but that doesn't mean he's innocent, or wasn't involved. It just means he was never convicted in a court of law.

It's like the O.J. Simpson murder trial. He was found "Not guilty" in the criminal trial but "Liable" in the following civil trial. There are few reasons that was able to happen, but the difference between "Not guilty" and "Innocent" is one of them.
    That wasn't my point though. "It is my opinion" is not applicable to discussions about facts. You can't say "It is my opinion that Sun is a planet", this isn't something you can have an opinion on. You can have an opinion on subjective entities, for example, "In my opinion, this political decision is wrong", or, "In my opinion, this person has a bad attitude". "In my opinion, Hillary is guilty" makes no sense; you could say however that, based on the evidence you've seen, you think that Hillary likely is guilty. Same as, "I don't know what this line of a star spectrum is, but in my opinion, it is likely to be one of the Carbon lines".
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because America operates on the, "competition will fix it," belief which is about as valid as believing moon fairies will come down to take care of your medical needs.

It's not legal anymore thanks to Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Glorious 'Murica, that's how. You could legally get dropped by your insurance if you were too expensive, and at that point good luck trying to get coverage elsewhere as you could be denied coverage when applying to other insurers.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...ut-4599541.php

A good example of what happened before a lot of the rules that came with the ACA kicked in.
    And I take it Trump wants to remove it without replacing it?

I like how CNN shows a clip of Trump holding an LGBT rainbow flag while saying 'some Mormons don't feel he holds their values'

Great politics from the Clinton News Network eh?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes, he thinks competition will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    [video=youtube;-ez3h6jvNis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ez3h6jvNis[video]

I like how CNN shows a clip of Trump holding an LGBT rainbow flag while saying 'some Mormons don't feel he holds their values'

Great politics from the Clinton News Network eh?
    "Clinton News Network", when they have a poll displayed openly which shows Trump's advantage? Ever use that device hidden behind your eyes, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "Clinton News Network", when they have a poll displayed openly which shows Trump's advantage? Ever use that device hidden behind your eyes, huh?
    Do you admit that the piece was a political hit? They are clearly targeting anti-gay Mormons and saying 'hey Trump doesn't share your *values*'
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

He wants to replace it, but so far I think the most specific he's gotten is, "Just remove the barriers and allow companies to sell insurance across state lines!" as if that will magically fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trump does not really support LGBT rights. He wants to pit gay people against Muslims. Note that during his speech he brought up LGBT people only when talking about security, and why they should vote for him, because he will protect them.

Most of the gay people I know who worry about this, are now just getting Gun licenses, and joining their local Pink Pistols chapters. And still support Hillary.

Thought here are some that support Trump:
    Gay Trump Supporters Offer a Very Specific Reason Why They Stand Against Hillary
    http://ijr.com/2016/07/662074-gay-tr...ainst-hillary/
    As far as the gay vs Muslim thing goes, Muslims like Omar Mateen ARE the enemy of gay people, because they believe gay people should be murdered. There are deep problems with some Muslim communities, places in the world where an openly gay person would be hauled up to the nearest rooftop and thrown off, but that doesn't mean all Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do you admit that the piece was a political hit? They are clearly targeting anti-gay Mormons and saying 'hey Trump doesn't share your *values*'
    Of course it was a political hit; it isn't exactly secret that most media, especially Democrat-leaning ones, can't stand Trump. Only you could point it out, rather than making stuff up about "Clinton News Network".

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Do you guys get this stuff off a dart board or a wheel of some kind?
    For real it's like they only have 5 options to bitch about at all times.

Keith Olbermann is doing work this election cycle.

is it not the tiniest bit convenient that the FBI pursued the Clinton Foundation based off of disinformation disseminated by a member of the Trump campaign and then leaked that they were doing that investigation and it would likely lead to an indictment just a few days before the election?