Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If you think the UN has power over local municipalities....
    They don't have to have it directly when programs are voluntarily adopted to be in accord and the projection of influence is what we call soft power. They generally tag it with soft friendly words like cooperative and sustainable, anything to put a smile on the face of vacant stares.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    You're being bitter again. Be acidic if you must, like a green apple.

It's not pointless, it's just on a longer timeline and with no guarantees.
    .... no I mean I really aught to be concerning myself with other things. I'm an expecting mother for fucks sake, I should go out and eat or relax or something. Talking to Connal seems like an odd waste of my time since it seems there is no perspective seeing at all. With Nexx226, there was a degree of good faith as the two of us attempted to understand the perspective of what we were talking about. There was a degree of openness.

I believe it is Max Waber who basically said that its very hard to actually have a discussion between different ideologies because in the end there is too much of a gap to cross and typically if you adhere to something to believe something you believe it is universally true for everyone.

If Connal believes Urbanization is some hand of God act and public policy ect had nothing to do with it, then what hope can one have against someone who believes in fate and destiny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to have it directly when programs are voluntarily adopted to be in accord and the projection of influence is what we call soft power. They generally tag it with soft friendly words like cooperative and sustainable, anything to put a smile on the face of vacant stares.
    Ah, explains why municipalities/zoning boards dont change zoning based on any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Seriously guys, go make a separate thread about globalization so we can go on talking about electing President Pence or Pres Kaine.
    President Pence... These are two words I hope I never have to hear said together seriously. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    .... no I mean I really aught to be concerning myself with other things. I'm an expecting mother for fucks sake, I should go out and eat or relax or something. Talking to Connal seems like an odd waste of my time since it seems there is no perspective seeing at all. With Nexx226, there was a degree of good faith as the two of us attempted to understand the perspective of what we were talking about. There was a degree of openness.

I believe it is Max Waber who basically said that its very hard to actually have a discussion between different ideologies because in the end there is too much of a gap to cross and typically if you adhere to something to believe something you believe it is universally true for everyone.

If Connal believes Urbanization is some hand of God act and public policy ect had nothing to do with it, then what hope can one have against someone who believes in fate and destiny?
    If ll you are going to do is complain that Connal disagrees with you, then stop. Its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    "People disagree with me? It must be because they just don't see the world as clearly as I do, man. Their eyes just aren't open enough, man. They'll come around though, man. *takes another hit*"

You people are adorable
    Drug users are shit, so there's the first part of your reference that is totally inaccurate and complete trash.

Secondly your quote is all wrong but we've talked enough that I don't really expect you to understand shit.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I've said it before, I love your posts Skroe but I have to disagree with you here.

I don't smoke. I rarely drink and only in social settings. I also struggle with caffeine addiction. The thing is though, there are clearly people who are born with abnormal brain chemistry. Ideally they would seek and receive professional help with targeted medication so that they could become contributing members of society. The problem is not all of them are in a position where that is a possibility or are even capable of seeking out the help they need in the first place.

The human body craves homeostasis. People with certain issue will be driven to self-medicate. Knowing these two things it's clear that the "War on Drugs" is futile and will only continue to cause misery for many US citizens. I'd rather my sick neighbor self-medicate with cannabis than alcohol, personally. I've known "functional smokers" but as far as I know the "functional alcoholic" is a complete myth.

I'm no relativist. Some things are just terrible. Do I think they should sell cocaine and heroin in stores again? Not at all, but clearly those substances cause people to lose all control and in many cases harm others. Even alcohol does a fair share of social damage. But smoking cannabis? You'd have to work to convince me why that's worth having as many US citizens in jail as we do. I just don't see the danger to society from it that I see from other substances.
    I would have zero problems if people who need to medicate using drugs to achieve that homeostasis got a perscription. CVS or Wallgreens could even sell weed. I come from a family of doctors. I have no objection to using chemicals to allieve suffering whatsoever.

What I don't want, is the Weed Shop to open up next to the Liquor store, next to the Cigar shop.

I want to be very clear. I'm not saying we should send cannabis users to jail. That hasn't worked. But neither should society condone it. My position is that society has to stand for certain things and I do believe that a substance-free citizenry is an ideal worth striving for. Is such "perfection" attainable? Of course not. The world is messy. No more so than those nut jobs who want to ban abortion (which would happen regardless). But it is still a worthy goal to strive for.

If we get a licensed medial professional in the loop... even a fucking chiropractor or a dentist... then I'm game. A CVS next to a school could sell the stuff. But it needs a prescription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I would have zero problems if people who need to medicate using drugs to achieve that homeostasis got a perscription. CVS or Wallgreens could even sell weed. I come from a family of doctors. I have no objection to using chemicals to allieve suffering whatsoever.

What I don't want, is the Weed Shop to open up next to the Liquor store, next to the Cigar shop.

I want to be very clear. I'm not saying we should send cannabis users to jail. That hasn't worked. But neither should society condone it. My position is that society has to stand for certain things and I do believe that a substance-free citizenry is an ideal worth striving for. Is such "perfection" attainable? Of course not. The world is messy. No more so than those nut jobs who want to ban abortion (which would happen regardless). But it is still a worthy goal to strive for.

If we get a licensed medial professional in the loop... even a fucking chiropractor or a dentist... then I'm game. A CVS next to a school could sell the stuff. But it needs a prescription.
    I agree, would send a wrong msg.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    President Pence... These are two words I hope I never have to hear said together seriously. :/
    Well you could hear them if Trump manages to win, it's pretty much a given that he'd be assassinated. Same thing with Kaine, regardless of who wins we can expect and mostly hope that they're assassinated fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could hear them if Trump manages to win, it's pretty much a given that he'd be assassinated. Same thing with Kaine, regardless of who wins we can expect and mostly hope that they're assassinated fast.
    if anyone gets assassinated, it'd instantly spark a civil war. I'm not really warm to the idea.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

If ll you are going to do is complain that Connal disagrees with you, then stop. Its embarrassing.
    Nah, talking with Connal is frustrating. He doesn't understand people don't live in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It would seem like a contradiction, except if you actually look at what he is saying, in that quote, he is talking about relativity. Besides which, my avatar should pretty much tip you off on my mindset.

When I see things like "our masters", I automatically go to conspiracy.

Resources, when they are concentrated in cities tend to get more things accomplished. With telecommunication that is becoming more lax, but while rural areas lack the infrastructure of cities, they will continue to decline in favor of bigger cities.

Google is trying to change that by creating a fiber network in smaller cities first. But they (and that) can only do so much.
    I don't have avatars displayed, don't have time for that crap.

He was talking about relativity from his root view, not a general relativity. That guy was the epitome of anything but generalism.

I could have just as easily said 'the elite' instead of 'our would be masters' and you wouldn't have blinked.

Exactly, the solutions are all corporate based and frankly none of them have long term incentives to anything but the most cutthroat bottom line that still pushes the envelope which is why you see them all for urbanization and in forming these public/private government partnerships since that gives them a seat at the table and a hand in the crafting. Their concern isn't the general public, and therefore they can't be counted on for shit in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    if anyone gets assassinated, it'd instantly spark a civil war. I'm not really warm to the idea.
    No it wouldn't. People are still too fat and happy.

Oh RNGjeeezzzuuuzzzz, dont even jest.
    If Trump wins I doubt he will make it a year before he is removed from office and obviously the Feds have a hard on for Clinton.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Nah, talking with Connal is frustrating. He doesn't understand people don't live in the long run.
    Even if someone has these high minded dreams of the world, they will have to eventually come to the practical terms with the fact that anything that creates significant amounts of misery will generate resentment and you will have to contend with that.

Okay, lets think long term, but if someones long term dreams relies on a public or mass of individuals all sacrificing things they find precious to them and doing so for generations, then you have a recipe for self destruction.

Compare it to a military situation. Say you have a long term strategy in a war but it requires you sending wave after wave of men on a suicidal mission, and they find out that you've decided this. You are liable to have a mutiny on your hands and an insurrection.

Even as a pragmatic exercise, if your solution to the trolley dilemma depends on which ever person you chose to let get run over not resisting your decision, then your decision sucks and won't work out easily. You will end up with the scenario we have now, and that is Trump and Brexit.

EDIT: Only people with an incredibly amount of privilege can genuinely afford to think in that way.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-11-01 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If Trump wins I doubt he will make it a year before he is removed from office and obviously the Feds have a hard on for Clinton.
    How would he be removed? Presidents dont just get removed because they hurt someones feelings with mean words.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-01 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wouldn't. People are still too fat and happy.
    That would be true if the US wasn't already tensed between two schools of thought.

The problem is not that a president will be assassinated - I mean it's a problem, but not what would ignite a localized spark of hostility. It's the attack on an ideology, the left versus the right, one thinking that their ideas are so superior that they deserve to be on top, even if it means killing others with different mentalities. That's the danger of shooting a president in this context and there are extremists on both side.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell... Is this a new popular narrative in the conspiracy theorist camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You forgot about the gun shop!

But seriously, I agree with what most of what you're saying. I don't see society condemning people who self-medicate with relatively benign psychoactives helping anyone though. It may actually discourage people from seeking treatment because they don't want to be ostracized or labeled as an "other."

Trust me, I don't want to see YoloSwag420 shops pop up on the corner either but I also don't want to discourage people from getting the help they need to be functional members of society. I agree with your ideal but our technology just isn't there yet. We still have many years ahead of us of people with issues self-medicating.

To use the abortion analogy, even when legal you see young girls in conservative communities harming themselves trying to attain one off-the-books so to speak because of the social stigma. Back alleys, pills from other countries, etc. In either case I believe education, not condemnation, is key.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    How would he be removed? Presidents dont just get removed because they hurt someones feelings with mean words.
    Because he does especially well when he isn't constantly in the publiC eye and is known for all kinds of fuckery. If ever put on the stand he would lie like he needs it to breath.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-11-01 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    He has a number of upcoming court cases.