Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Never seen this happening. Been passing whatever I could I did not need.

Honestly, there are a lot more nice people who open trade windows and pass gear to strangers they never met than there are jerks like OP described.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    thoughts?
    Nothing to say really. Just your average day in world of pugcraft. Hope you learned your lesson and take the time to form your own group next time and invite friends/guildies or continue the same way and possibly get con'd out of another few hundred valor points.

I doubt this is common, I haven't seen it once and in fact all my groups have been especially good about it if people talk about it early to the point that the random pugs are changing loot specs on certain bosses to help others get weapons/shields/trinkets there chasing

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    It doesn't violate the TOS unless they used abusive language. If it was "please give us the item or we will kick you" it would be considered legit. If they want to do something it will be something on the mechanics of the system and I doubt they would change the TOS for it.
    Idk, might fall under harassment, or even abusing in-game systems. Doesn't hurt to hit the report button even if nothing comes of it . . . at least it's cathartic :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

/headesk. You really don't get it. YES, any one person can do this. What you and others spouting this bullshit don't seem to realize is that if enough people actually take this advice groups will take longer to fill and eventually not fill before people just give up.
    You don't seem to get it either. I'm offering advice to the OP as a person, I know 100% that my advice will work, what the millions of other players as a whole do is completely irrelevant.

Making your own group works every time, and just because a few people on MMO Champion or other forums (may come as a shock, but the majority of the population doesn't read forums) will not suddenly cause everyone to do so.

So OP and anyone else having this problem, make your own group and your problem is solved. Alternatively, headdesk about how making your own group will.. make everyone else make their own group? And do nothing ? Okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Idk, might fall under harassment, or even abusing in-game systems. Doesn't hurt to hit the report button even if nothing comes of it . . . at least it's cathartic :P
    A very long stretch and the reason I don't think it applies is that we had very harsh treatment of raid members by leaders for years and nothing was happening because since you are in control of the group you can create all kinds of grief but if you are polite or just silent it doesn't trigger directly the TOS.

Quick question, at wich ilvl should i start running mythic dungeons?

Deleted
    When? In legion? Level 1 is approximately similar to heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    Very unfortunate. Groups of friends tend to be the worst, it's absolutely ridiculous how messed up some people are together when they get a surge of a power trip when leading random groups. But that's really a whole other story.

I haven't done a lot with the PL thing really, mostly stuck to clearing HFC with ML and avoided mythic dungeons as I stopped needing them ages ago. I can however definitely see this scenario and understand that it's likely to happen if you group up with randoms - it's definitely a bit of a problem, while the trading of PL itself can be very useful.

I do wonder tho; did the item qualify for trading? Since
    • "if you get an item from a dungeon or raid with personal loot that isn't an upgrade for you (lower or equal item level for that slot), you can trade it to another eligible player."
    Thus, if the item was an upgrade for you as you claim - you would not have been able to trade it anyway. It's a bit of information that's handy to be aware of and raise awareness of it to these "bullies" if possible.

On the other hand, to be 100% safe with total randoms if you don't want to make your own group... just don't loot. Grab it from the mail later.

It doesn't violate the TOS unless they used abusive language. If it was "please give us the item or we will kick you" it would be considered legit. If they want to do something it will be something on the mechanics of the system and I doubt they would change the TOS for it.
    Blizzard doesn't need you to break ToS to ban you, and it'd certainly be a fair reason to give out some suspensions for. They also don't need to change the TOS for it - simply tell people it's unacceptable in a blue post and kids trying to bully people in groups for loot don't have a fallback (not like they had one anyway, who's going to support this if they complain?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Since the game won't let you trade an item that's an ilvl upgrade id say that massively lowers the amount of times this would come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The more surprising thing here is that you found a pug willing to take a player who's ilvl was low enough that loot was an upgrade.

That problem is only in your imagination. The majority of people do nothing of the sort..
    majorit of people are geared to the teeth and dont give a single f... about gear atm since expansion is coming - but durinig first weeks of expansion when everybody is gearin up it will be very visible just wait

Quote Originally Posted by Phases View Post
    Quick question, at wich ilvl should i start running mythic dungeons?
    In Legion, most groups want 840+ ilvl for starting Mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    In Legion, most groups want 840+ ilvl for starting Mythic+ dungeons.
    Legion hasn't released yet. Did your crystal ball say this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that personal loot should only be visible to who got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Legion hasn't released yet. Did your crystal ball say this?
    Never heard of Beta eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Never heard of Beta eh?
    He didn't say beta, eh eh eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing that i do dungeons with guildies. But we do sometimes kick people right in front of the last boss for them acting like assholes ("you are using wrong rotation", "omg tank why you pull that", "do what i say it's faster this way", "not healing this rogue lol", etc).

It's a problem with vote kick system, not with personal loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He didn't say beta, eh eh eh.
    Hence why I said "in Legion". He did not specify.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Good thing that i do dungeons with guildies. But we do sometimes kick people right in front of the last boss for them acting like assholes ("you are using wrong rotation", "omg tank why you pull that", "do what i say it's faster this way", "not healing this rogue lol", etc).

It's a problem with vote kick system, not with personal loot
    Then you guys are as big of an asshole as the asshole. You could just as easily put them on ignore.