Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What class excels in both raids and mythic+ ?

Im in a dilemma, and perhaps you can help?

Basically im searching for a class that will excel in both raiding and mythic+.

I like to be competitive, and high on the dps meters - thats just who i am.

Perhaps you got a suggestion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Shadow priest
    With the current tuning shadow priests are strong in raids - this might of course change depending on blizzards final tuning and future patches.
    Not so sure about mythic+ though as shadows lack burst and AoE.

See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ses-for-mythic
    Last edited by mmoc1a2258818d; 2016-08-09 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Ive read about Shadowpriests and mythic+, i think there is better options out there. A class that excels in both, not just in 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    With the current tuning shadow priests are strong in raids - this might of course change depending on blizzards final tuning and future patches.
    Not so sure about mythic+ though as shadows lack burst and AoE.

See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ses-for-mythic
    You still need strong ST in mythic+
    Let other classes handle the aoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Not sure if you're trolling or not. To make it worthwhile to bring a shadow priest over *insert class here* your ST damage would have to be double or triple the other classes. It isn't.

OP, fire mage is well, OP atm. Though don't be surprised if they get nerfed.

Shadow priest
    One of the best for raids, one of the worst for 5 mans.

Fire mage is probably a safe bet.

i too want to be the class that is good at everything. what class is that?!?!?!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    having done multiple mythic + runs on beta:
    no. its all about aoe. the bosses take a minority of the time, its all about how fast you can clear the trash. especially since nearly all affixes only affect trash, not bosses.

as stated above: fire mage is a good bet.
    Hunter is also fine, though as i've heard its MM for raids and BM for mythic + but its still one class.
    Unholy DK is decent as well.

Deleted
    warrior, mage are often good choices, maybe balance druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently, as Fire, I perform pretty well in dungeons, but not critting is still an issue. I'm pretty sure Phoenix Flames will solve that problem, as you can do Phoenix Flames + Fire Blast for a quick Hot Streak proc and an instant Flamestrike.

Unholy DK has a far easier time AoE'ing. It doesn't require any procs at all.

From what I've seen, Fury Warrior also seems very capable, especially because Whirlwind has no cooldown and no cost. You can just keep using it.
    Statix will suffice.

obviously. Mage. Mages are always on top.

Deleted
    Fire is not OP, it's just better than the other 2 mage specs. A main benefit it has is that it's easy to figure out and it's very predictable now, kinda like how frost was at the middle of Tier 18. It's telling that we haven't figured out exactly how arcane even rotates and for frost we just start being confident about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Fire is not OP, it's just better than the other 2 mage specs. A main benefit it has is that it's easy to figure out and it's very predictable now, kinda like how frost was at the middle of Tier 18. It's telling that we haven't figured out exactly how arcane even rotates and for frost we just start being confident about it.
    Fire mage has incredible burst. And from the ranged classes, is probably the one outperforming the others the most in the dungeons I've run (normalized for ilvl). Don't think it's because of easy rotation but because of slightly overtuned dmg numbers and the right toolkit (very good AOE and Single target without switching talents).

Rogue is insane at the moment. Seen one with 1.3M burst DPS at pull in a heroic dungeon. Ended up at 600k+ at the end of the fight. Lacks AOE a bit, though.

Deleted
    Mages are often played by a lot of people that optimize well. But if you look at the real logs stats they are not overpowered. e.g. they are the 7th spec on live archimonde even when thousands upon thousands are playing fire there, the most played spec in the entire game, meaning they had the highest chance of being higher due to the sheer number of attempts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...le=7&boss=1799

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    warrior, mage are often good choices, maybe balance druid
    Balance druid is really bad in mythic+. Huge AoE ramp up. You get enough AP to cast starfall after like 15sec of combat. I've been doing alot of dungeons on beta and I can't really evne get an invite to mythic+ group as balance because they're so bad. When enha is pulling 700k dps to every trash pack; boomer is doing about 200k max, and that's if you can cast starfall at pull for trash pack. Currently on single target balance druid is about average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Mages are often played by a lot of people that optimize well. But if you look at the real logs stats they are not overpowered. e.g. they are the 7th spec on live archimonde even when thousands upon thousands are playing fire there, the most played spec in the entire game, meaning they had the highest chance of being higher due to the sheer number of attempts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...le=7&boss=1799
    That's the 75th percentile you're looking at. If you have a look at top DPS for every spec, Fire is fourth. Incidentally, it is also the most played spec with MM being a close second.

Deleted
    UH DK / shadow priest / fire mage / enhancement shaman (seem to be solid anyway, time will tell) / ww monks / warlocks possibly if they get a few tweaks.

Druid, hands down.
    Shaman and mage will work nicely aswell.
    Death knight(blood) will probably do well also.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Shadow priest
    Make sure everyone has a brazier, because rezzing after every boss is a bitch of a mechanic.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!