Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Elerethe renferal insane damage from gathering clouds?

Anyone else? last week we did it like no problem.. not even when we wiped back then we took this much damage.

but now, wtf? 500k dmg ticks? like die so fast.

yeap, killing us too. seems a bit too high. some people say that if you run against the wind, the damage is lower, but not for many of us

what difficulty is this on

The damage is lower if you stand closer to the boss. In melee range it ticks for less than 100k.

On heroic we have issues as well

also not sure if the green patch should spawn on us or not

Quote Originally Posted by RoTheHunter View Post
    On heroic we have issues as well

also not sure if the green patch should spawn on us or not
    The green patches are from tornadoes hitting the green shit that you put on the ground. If you drop crap too close to either bridge, or drop tornadoes too close to the green crap, you'll get green swirls spawning on the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post
    Anyone else? last week we did it like no problem.. not even when we wiped back then we took this much damage.

Raid stack behind boss (close to it) and use Spirit link+Devo aura

Easy

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    The damage is lower if you stand closer to the boss. In melee range it ticks for less than 100k.
    Exactly this, don't ever take dungeon journal as the bible as it doesn't even state this but the damage is proximity based and pitiful if you're right up on the boss.

Deleted
    My guild killed Elerethe really easily last week aswell.. And had a wipefest on it tonight. Feels like the boss has more HP + damage, especially on the knockback winds, we had people dropping while using healing cds. She also only does 2 feeding times this week, when she was definitely doing 3 the week before, the boss fight definitely feels a lot different + harder - even considering our guild had more gear compared to last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    Very much this. We wiped once last night to gathering winds after not having any issue with it last week and thought it might be it. So the next try we had everyone run in to here right before it started and there was barely any damage to speak of that time.

Stack on the boss when it happens.

For some reason, last week the ability was probably bugged because it was nowhere doing that amount of damage. I didn't see any hotfix about that though, so it's probably part of the hotfix they did for mythic when they buffed it.

Confirmed. Was smashing us for 700k - stacked under the boss with a SLT and its nothing. lol gj blizzaroo

actually the dungeon journal does say something along the lines of damage is increase by xx until you something something the eye of the storm or something. bla bla don't remember the exact wording but you have to run into the boss which is the eye of the storm and the damage resets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HCAmrodis View Post
    My guild killed Elerethe really easily last week aswell.. And had a wipefest on it tonight. Feels like the boss has more HP + damage, especially on the knockback winds, we had people dropping while using healing cds. She also only does 2 feeding times this week, when she was definitely doing 3 the week before, the boss fight definitely feels a lot different + harder - even considering our guild had more gear compared to last week.
    Boss got a bit of a buff after it fell over instantly on mythic for the first kill. Pretty sure they included heroic in the buff as well. It was very faceroll on heroic last week.

OP: You should be dropping poison in such a way the tornadoes don't hit them until you reach the next platform. As soon as they touch poison, whether as they were a debuff on a player or an actual tornado, they will start tossing them out.

The journal doesn't tell you but there is definitely a range component. Something like 8 yards and you take minimum damage, but out at 20 you take 400+k ticks. The journal also doesn't fully explain the split mechanic on the second platform but then again everyone is just cheesing it with Paladins, classic WoW raiding.

I think a lot of mechanics are off in the journal, especially damage values. They did a bunch of tuning passes and changed mechanics around a bit but didn't update the journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The journal also doesn't fully explain the split mechanic on the second platform but then again everyone is just cheesing it with Paladins, classic WoW raiding.
    What's this one?

This boss seems to be a little funny. Tried him when heroic had just opened last week, and got insane damage from Vile Ambush. Web of Pain linked targets pretty much died if they weren't the length of the whole platform away from the drop. This week, we try it again, all being insanely afraid. Turns out we could suddenly stand right next to the zone w/o dying. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    What's this one?
    The boss tries to apply 20 stacks of a debuff to its highest threat target every second for 5 seconds during a cone channel. The damage ticks on everyone in the cone, but for every additional person hit, 1 stack of the debuff won't be applied to the active target and will instead be applied to them, and the pushback is reduced significantly.

Since this debuff only buffs the damage of this mechanic (and nothing else in the fight), someone just immunes through the full 5 second channel and takes all 100 stacks and 0 damage. If this mechanic ignored immunities it'd be more interesting/challenging.

Note: I'm not 100% sure on the numbers, but like everyone else we immuned the mechanic. The journal is inaccurate and I don't think anyone really knows how it's supposed to work, since some people are reporting that even with people soaking that the active tank was taking too many stacks (and I think we noticed that as well). Some other things are bugged in this fight like the winds buff not giving you immunity to the poison pools or removing them sometimes. Just feels like it wasn't well tested on mythic. Hopefully it'll get some fixes for next week, I've bug reported everything I've seen.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-09-29 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Yes the mythic buff also affects heroic. I think the boss was just tuned too low originally on all difficulties. The first week we killed the boss before it even moved to platform #3 after the hotfix this was no longer possible for us, but it made the fight much better imo so don't exactly mind.

As for the gathering winds, we didn't have any issues with it, still does pitiful damage if you're in melee range of the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

Make sure the boss is near the wall and stand with your back to it. GG.