Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    This simply isn't the case. Gold handling system had to be designed way before they even released first multiplayer alpha.

Which simply means their entire team is incompetent. Just as if they never worked on MMO, never played mmo and have ZERO development insight.
    How do we know? Because good devs wouldn't be working under incompetent lead devs.

When you are programming literally anything, you have to constantly ask yourself a questions: what will happen if user does this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and that?
    If you don't ask yourself you are bad dev, if you can't answer that question you have zero insight and your are bad dev and should give up on this job. Insight is super important in this line of work.

As for gold handling system anyone who has worked with monetary systems will tell you this: client can only display the values and ask server for transfer. Client should basically only hold the number but everything modification to that number needs to be done on server side.
    I have trouble believing the actual coders are stupid enough to not realise the many many faults of client based authentication.
    I have to imagine its a directive from on high in an attempt to reduce their server load. (and yes that doesn't mash well with the silly details they are checking server side)

The only other option is that everyone on the team needs to have their IT degree taken away from them for gross incompetence.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't play new world. Nor would I care if this game was shut down today.

bad design would be an invisible barrier you can't cross for no reason. Good design has a reason you can't cross said barrier even if you disagree with said reason.
    Yes I understand your point. However the barrier thing I believe your referring to that I mentioned being water and swimming isn't really a barrier per say as there are small islands etc you can and should be able to swim to but if you go a tad too far out to the point where your actually supposed to be swimming, your char just walks. Even if you had no armor on you still just walk in deep water. However if you move a few feet to the left or right your head pops up and your fine. So basically there is no swimming mechanic other than a very short breath meter.
    Mind you this whole game takes place on an island...

At this point I could care less myself but if a new game comes out I'll turn on my radar and perhaps give it a little run through to see what's what. I mean if a game is fun it's fun and if it's interesting enough I'll come back. But This whole game seems to be haphazardly put together and have a terrible QA team that allowed tons of bugs and exploits into the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit, what a shitshow it is. to let a game (especially MMO, with economy, affecting all players) come out in a state like this, and players being 'fine' with it.
    especially when were talking about a game studio owned by worlds richest man.

even in its worst times WoW still defends itself...
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

At this point the only thing the developers can do is pull a "ARR", shutdown everything, offer refunds, and rebuild from the base code up. The groundwork and assets are good, it's just that the whole client/server side issues is killing any real attempt at meaningful stability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    At this point the only thing the developers can do is pull a "ARR", shutdown everything, offer refunds, and rebuild from the base code up. The groundwork and assets are good, it's just that the whole client/server side issues is killing any real attempt at meaningful stability.
    Somebody get Yoshi P. on the phone he can fix this shit.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Somebody get Yoshi P. on the phone he can fix this shit.
    Sadly I don't think anyone in AGS has the humility or courage to go that direction. They are trying to apply band-aids to a patient that has a heart condition.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why. looking at steam charts there is no mass exodus. They seem to be stabilizing from what I can see.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I don't see why. looking at steam charts there is no mass exodus. They seem to be stabilizing from what I can see.
    I am sure the initial launch of FFXIV also had stable population numbers. Players will find a way around most bugs/bad design choices and continue to enjoy a game they are invested in. But New World will have a hard time growing and expanding if they can't get the basics right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Steam charts. Wonder if it counts people playing through family sharing. If so then it's counting a bunching of bots too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure the initial launch of FFXIV also had stable population numbers. Players will find a way around most bugs/bad design choices and continue to enjoy a game they are invested in. But New World will have a hard time growing and expanding if they can't get the basics right.

I feel like this is the same thing people say whenever a new MMO comes out and has some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Speaking of Steam charts. Wonder if it counts people playing through family sharing. If so then it's counting a bunching of bots too.
    Of course it's bots......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I feel like this is the same thing people say whenever a new MMO comes out and has some issues.

Of course it's bots......
    "some" issues

Wow, that's understating the issue. I am tempted to post the dog in a burning room meme to display the level of handwaving New Worlds defenders are doing. Can Amazon fix all of the issues and get things back on track? Sure, it's going to take a lot longer than a few days or a simple patch though. And for some reason it doesn't appear as though they have an internal QA department before releasing said patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    "some" issues

Wow, that's understating the issue. I am tempted to post the dog in a burning room meme to display the level of handwaving New Worlds defenders are doing. Can Amazon fix all of the issues and get things back on track? Sure, it's going to take a lot longer than a few days or a simple patch though. And for some reason it doesn't appear as though they have an internal QA department before releasing said patches.
    I don't play new world. I could care less if the game was shut down tonight.

Yes few. I have not seen much worse than what almost every mmo has dealt with at launch.

Hell the bug everyone has been screaming about in here seems kinda dumb to be upset about. To reproduce it you have to go though so pretty extreme steps and I don't see how this could be used to anyone benefit.

BUT THEY DON'T TAKE DAMAGE.

Sure but only while they themselves can't do a single thing to take advantage of not taking damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play new world. I could care less if the game was shut down tonight.

Yes few. I have not seen much worse than what almost every mmo has dealt with at launch.

Hell the bug everyone has been screaming about in here seems kinda dumb to be upset about. To reproduce it you have to go though so pretty extreme steps and I don't see how this could be used to anyone benefit.

BUT THEY DON'T TAKE DAMAGE.

Sure but only while they themselves can't do a single thing to take advantage of not taking damage.
    They are making it impossible to capture the point... that's the benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Haha okay bud, whatever you say.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't play new world.
    No, Really?

I know of plenty of bad MMO launches due to technical issues, laggy servers, incompetency and so on, but having to shut down basic functions in the game because the duping of gold is now that bad? Come on now.

This game needed the ARR treatment before it even left beta, the problem is, once it was finished the company has no loyalty like XIV's devs had, granted, there were more consequences for them, like literally bankrupting Square but Amazon barely lost a drop in the ocean.

This isnt a big hit to Jeff and thats the point, so, New World has no stakes to work to impress, if it fails? Shut it down, no biggie.

Thats the attitude of many a dev in western development, if it doesnt work, abbandon it.

I remember the same shit happening in Dark Sun Online, from a long time ago. Isn't P2P infrastructure a big no-no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They are making it impossible to capture the point... that's the benefit.
    Ah. Don't pvp so I wouldn't know how it works. Do they actually have to kill the people or just have more there attacking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha okay bud, whatever you say.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Really?

I know of plenty of bad MMO launches due to technical issues, laggy servers, incompetency and so on, but having to shut down basic functions in the game because the duping of gold is now that bad? Come on now.
    Wow has had duping. Diablo2 has had duping, linage2, elder scrolls, I could go on but I don't feel like going past the second page of google results. Name 1 game that has never had a duping bug.

Wow has had duping. Diablo2 has had duping, linage2, elder scrolls, I could go on but I don't feel like going past the second page of google results. Name 1 game that has never had a duping bug.
    Wow's duping bugs were never as rampant as what New World has on their hands. WoW never had to shut down the entire Auction House AND shut down player trades AND shut down guild banks AND mailing gold to players.

Diablo 2 was not a MMO who fucking cares if it had duping issues.

It would be great if the gold duping was the only thing going on, you do realize these bugs with weapon skills being exploited can wreck PvP and make matches unwinnable for the attacking side right? For a game that is about controlling territory there isn't much a point if you CAN NOT LOSE your territory because you exploited.

Oh btw, you know what happened when they disabled gold trading in New World a while ago? Oh it created another gold dupe. "if you try to start a town upgrade say kitchen for example your gold is not taken away from you and the upgrade doesn't start, but if you reconnect you get the cost of the upgrade added to your company wallet." from New World's reddit. There are more and more crippling bugs cropping up daily in this game.

I LIKED playing NW for the first bit but there are some glaring flaws that just got worse as things started getting to extremes and now if you're not cheating/duping you're way behind people that are. That's fucked.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-11-02 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Wow's duping bugs were never as rampant as what New World has on their hands. WoW never had to shut down the entire Auction House AND shut down player trades AND shut down guild banks AND mailing gold to players.

Diablo 2 was not a MMO who fucking cares if it had duping issues.

It would be great if the gold duping was the only thing going on, you do realize these bugs with weapon skills being exploited can wreck PvP and make matches unwinnable for the attacking side right? For a game that is about controlling territory there isn't much a point if you CAN NOT LOSE your territory because you exploited.

Oh btw, you know what happened when they disabled gold trading in New World a while ago? Oh it created another gold dupe. "if you try to start a town upgrade say kitchen for example your gold is not taken away from you and the upgrade doesn't start, but if you reconnect you get the cost of the upgrade added to your company wallet." from New World's reddit. There are more and more crippling bugs cropping up daily in this game.

I LIKED playing NW for the first bit but there are some glaring flaws that just got worse as things started getting to extremes and now if you're not cheating/duping you're way behind people that are. That's fucked.
    People who traded the codes from TCG would disagree with you. Can you prove it wasn't that bad and not more they just didn't care enough to stop it til they fixed it?

I'm not saying there isn't bugs. Go look at any recent mmo launch thread here and you will see many similar posts. Every single time.

d2 was just a game off the top of my head that I knew had duping. Here are a couple more games that had it.

ff14 2.0
    swtor
    TERA

People who traded the codes from TCG would disagree with you. Can you prove it wasn't that bad and not more they just didn't care enough to stop it til they fixed it?

I'm not saying there isn't bugs. Go look at any recent mmo launch thread here and you will see many similar posts. Every single time.

d2 was just a game off the top of my head that I knew had duping. Here are a couple more games that had it.

ff14 2.0
    swtor
    TERA
    On top of everything else, most of the weapon/ability perks don't work, the game is a mess.