Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it doesn't give you gold if you're offline, as linked above in the Amazon post that's the bug. Thankfully they can grant it back to folks when the fix goes through, we just gotta hope they don't break that or introduce more AH bugs.

Doesn't change the fact that the exploits are tied to some serious issues that are not "mild inconveniences", and may speak to broader issues with the way the game is coded, given that these issues keep popping up despite Amazon's efforts to squash them.
    They already stated in the post that the players will get the gold back so it will just take longer to get the gold.

With all new released games bugs will always appear and players will find new ones, it will take months to smooth many of them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Not really no. I love the game, Im at 340 hours since launch, 250+ on betas. I really enjoy losing myself in this world. But some of these are not "mild inconveniences at most". Everything that affect the economy is dangerous for the long term, same for all the lags / freeze / invincibility in wars; Wars are key part of the entire experience, you cannot let that slip for too long, and its been already long.

I'm not asking for a perfect experience or no bug, I know it will happens. But sometimes, the best way is to take the hard decision, which could be to bring down the servers for a time and work on these crucial problems. Some people will cry, reddit will be on fire with trolls who enjoy seeing bad things happens to other games (for some reason), but it would be the right decision.
    Not getting gold from the TP for a little while is a mild inconveniance, players abusing exploits is a mild inconveniance and those players can face bans, a player would be stupid to risk hundreds of hours of gameplay for an exploit, we just have to accept the issues and expect them to take a few months at least to be smoothed out mostly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    With all new released games bugs will always appear and players will find new ones, it will take months to smooth many of them out.
    Nobody is saying otherwise, really. The problem is the kinds of bugs, which are not "mild inconveniences", again. They're pretty significant bugs for the game as designed.

Nobody is saying otherwise, really. The problem is the kinds of bugs, which are not "mild inconveniences", again. They're pretty significant bugs for the game as designed.
    Done almost all the content in the game and any bugs/issues i have encountered were nothing more than a mild inconveniance, occasional lag in wars, nothing that you cant just put up with until its sorted, exploits are something that players will always try and find but with the amount of time investment you need in this game its stupid to even try to exploit intentionally as its not worth losing your account.

When you play a newly launched MMO you expect several months of issues to deal with, every single MMO that has launched has had plenty of its own bugs and issues, current issues in NW are just mild inconveniences at most.
    And most MMOs do not get even a single month to attract players and keep them. They do not get a window of 'several months' to fix problems, they get a month at most. The saving grace for this game is there is no sub fee so people may come back after some time to check again.

- - - Updated - - -

current issues in NW are just mild inconveniences at most.
    Mild? Many of these issues are far from mild. I don't know what you would view as a significant issue if these are mild.

- - - Updated - - -

All the stuff i post sells while im online so i got no issues with getting gold for the TP, anyone exploiting can just be reported and banned so players would be stupid to use it and lose all the progress on their char, anyone exploiting will eventually be dealt with and players will get what they are owned from the TP. You get rewarded just fine winning or losing wars just like the invasions where i have yet to see anyone win one.
    What happens when you go offline? No gold from sales. Derp.

Oh yes because it is soooo easy to know which person is doing what exploit because there are so damn many. And one report does not mean crap. Considering how many people are willing to exploit you are wrong there as well, to them it is little risk if the barrier for entry is just buying the game again or wait just using the method on steam to play another account.

Not getting gold from the TP for a little while is a mild inconveniance, players abusing exploits is a mild inconveniance and those players can face bans, a player would be stupid to risk hundreds of hours of gameplay for an exploit, we just have to accept the issues and expect them to take a few months at least to be smoothed out mostly.
    No we dont "just have to accept the issues and expect them to take a few months at least to be smoothed out mostly" - By that time, there will be no players left. Wars freeze are not mild nor uncommon, multiple wars are won/lost because of that. When you invest time, effort and gold as a company to own a territory and make it progress, it leaves a terrible taste in your mouth to lose it like that. Same for those who love gathering and crafting - when the market crash because of exploits, all those hours spent gathering every tiers of materials, the money spent in taxes to refine / craft.. all those hours fell like wasted.

Clearly you aren't invested in this game if you can't see these issues as serious.

I should've read who I was responding to, it makes more sense now. Nevermind, nothing to discuss here it wont go anywhere.

Done almost all the content in the game and any bugs/issues i have encountered were nothing more than a mild inconveniance, occasional lag in wars, nothing that you cant just put up with until its sorted, exploits are something that players will always try and find but with the amount of time investment you need in this game its stupid to even try to exploit intentionally as its not worth losing your account.
    Cool YOU may not have encountered them or had them effect you but to claim they are just a mild inconvenience is silly. You've not had wars decided by people abusing exploits or had a lot of gold you counted on from the auction house vanish because you had to be offline.

Again people WILL risk losing their account to get ahead, some of them DO NOT GET CAUGHT and they are willing to take that risk. Some get caught and banned and that is that but some just use another account and go right back to it. Or like I said a moment ago there is a method on steam making the rounds to get another account up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

I should've read who I was responding to, it makes more sense now. Nevermind, nothing to discuss here it wont go anywhere.
    Sadly that is the case, I made the same mistake as you did just now.

kenn backs starcitizen, you better not talk to him, he can be contagious

No we dont "just have to accept the issues and expect them to take a few months at least to be smoothed out mostly" - By that time, there will be no players left. Wars freeze are not mild nor uncommon, multiple wars are won/lost because of that. When you invest time, effort and gold as a company to own a territory and make it progress, it leaves a terrible taste in your mouth to lose it like that. Same for those who love gathering and crafting - when the market crash because of exploits, all those hours spent gathering every tiers of materials, the money spent in taxes to refine / craft.. all those hours fell like wasted.

Clearly you aren't invested in this game if you can't see these issues as serious.

You just have to accept issues with games, we all done with every single MMO that has every been released, NW is no different, as a company you should always be prepared to lose a war thats the risk of owning a territory especially since the game is only 1 month old, players abusing exploits will be banned and the devs can sort out economy issues if needed.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730#All

Star Citizen New World looks like doing hella good so far...

Time to start merging servers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you are arguing based on past statements rather then responding what is currently being said? Lol.
    I don't know if you are behaving in this manner intentionally for the fun of it or are actually sincere in this kind of stupidity.

Have you not been posting herein about your views on the water in New World consistently? Are these posts you made not your argument as to why the design decisions in NW are "bad design" in your view?

How is water not a hazard? Your arguments are basically; "It's not a hazard because I say it doesn't qualify as a hazard. It's bad design because I say it is bad design."

As you made the claim; where does the game's water mechanics present an absolute contradiction of the rules expressed to the player regarding traversal through water?

That is the only criteria of so-called bad design. Gameplay is an absolute. We can not argue about it. When X happens it triggers Y, that's just the way it is. How you feel about it is another matter.

One can dislike something and not necessarily think that thing is bad design. People can dislike "good design" or "good technique" too. That is common in music or literary critique, for example.

Good and bad are subjective qualifiers. We are using them loosely, which is fine. For the purpose of communication and understanding, there has to be a basis outside of personal view that we can see is absolutely wrong within the game's framework.

Hence why it is bad design that it limits you opening the inventory when it isn't even a hazard at the time.
    This makes no sense by your own admission in past posts.

Water presents a hazard; it limits your actions and presents a death risk by drowning. Why is this not a hazardous terrain?

It is so weird that you keep making statements that agree with what I've said, argue that it is silly design, and then still can't actually commit to calling it poor design. Lol.
    I agree the design choice does not enhance the fun of the game for me. You're just expressing your personal likes/dislikes, so I won't indulge that you are doing anything more. I don't have an issue with such but your notions are ignorant of game design.

Just say you don't like it. I think the way NW handles water is stupid- that is my personal opinion on it. It's not the claim of bad game design or proof of such anymore than what you have said in this thread thusfar.

- - - Updated - - -

Some are transitory issues, like most games. But there are some which are pretty affecting of gameplay. Anything that affects gameplay endemically is not a mild inconvenience, however. Because it stops or prevents play as design- the basis of the engagement with the product.

There are tons of bugs that are affecting how players play the game. Whole features shut off.

These are things players and customers rightly ought to have a lot to say about to AGS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    That seems off. It's the 3rd most played game on Steam right now. As of 30 mins ago, like 280k players. There are queue times on some servers right now.

Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-29 at 02:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know if you are behaving in this manner intentionally for the fun of it or are actually sincere in this kind of stupidity.
    How is it that I am the stupid one yet you are the one arguing based on my past comments and not my current ones? You keep creating increasing rules and dismissals for why it can't be bad design. You also keep turning to insults.

Answer plainly and simply with out your word salad BS. Why is it good design that you can't open your inventory when in deep enough water while not at risk from drowning?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Nothing's off, the picture shows the servers at the bottom of the list, your's show the ones at the top, and as you can see, the last server in your picture is already at 50%...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play this game but still want it to do good. Thought it was released too early with no enough direction.

Checked out the subreddit while wasting some time...GAHDAMN they are having a bad week. Hope they are able to regroup.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is it that I am the stupid one yet you are the one arguing based on my past comments and not my current ones? You keep creating increasing rules and dismissals for why it can't be bad design. You also keep turning to insults.
    I am not arguing based on your past arguments; I cited an example (among many) you have admitted to the water having an impeding effect; which is a hazard. Now deny and don't explain why water is not a hazard except to say "It's not... but you can't do X, Y, Z in the water."

What is your argument as to why this is a bad design exactly? You made the claim. Defend it.

Why is it good design that you can't open your inventory when in deep enough water while not at risk from drowning?
    Water is communicated to be hazardous terrain to the player. You can drown in water, you are limited in actions, reduced movement, etc. As long as the game establishes (even if once) limits within the rules for the player the water is a hazardous terrain it's consistent on all subsequent limitations.

They can do anything within that design space once they create an expectation that water is not where the player ought to necessarily be.

Water is communicated to be hazardous terrain to the player. You can drown in water, you are limited in actions, reduced movement, etc. As long as the game establishes (even if once) limits within the rules for the player the water is a hazardous terrain it's consistent on all subsequent limitations.

They can do anything within that design space once they create an expectation that water is not where the player ought to necessarily be.
    I really think that is silly and I don't remember it being 'communicated' that water = bad much anywhere, they didn't really communicate shit in this game. If I'm running through little puddles to get to places or 'submerged walking' to get to somewhere and neither has killed me water isn't hazardous terrain. If I'm standing in deep water and then collect water and dip my head under the water briefly I start to drown. Even so the water isn't hazardous terrain to me.

Not being to open my inventory because I'm just standing still in water up to my chest is not showing that the water is hazardous it showing that the design is kind of stupid. Not that I super care about it, I'd rather just be able to open my bags on the move and not care about the few times I'm in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I really think that is silly and I don't remember it being 'communicated' that water = bad much anywhere, they didn't really communicate shit in this game. If I'm running through little puddles to get to places or 'submerged walking' to get to somewhere and neither has killed me water isn't hazardous terrain. If I'm standing in deep water and then collect water and dip my head under the water briefly I start to drown. Even so the water isn't hazardous terrain to me.
    You can't swim. You run slower in water. In deep enough water, you can't use your weapon. In even deeper water, you can drown.

Literally every one of those design decisions, especially since the latter three require specific decisions be made, is designed to tell you that water is a hazard that should be avoided. Every single choice communicates that without the game explicitly telling you, "Water is bad. See how you can't use your weapon? Bad. See how you're drowning? Stop doing that! Avoid water!"

You just have to accept issues with games, we all done with every single MMO that has every been released, NW is no different, as a company you should always be prepared to lose a war thats the risk of owning a territory especially since the game is only 1 month old, players abusing exploits will be banned and the devs can sort out economy issues if needed.
    Are you even serious? Like honestly. Everybody knows how bad the situation is at the moment. Even Amazon. And yet here you are, trying to wave away everything by saying it‘s actually not that bad!. The house is burning and it’s burning for the entire week and all you have to say is it doesn’t affect me. Yeah, if you constantly tell yourself that you’re not affected, you delude yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't swim. You run slower in water. In deep enough water, you can't use your weapon. In even deeper water, you can drown.

Literally every one of those design decisions, especially since the latter three require specific decisions be made, is designed to tell you that water is a hazard that should be avoided. Every single choice communicates that without the game explicitly telling you, "Water is bad. See how you can't use your weapon? Bad. See how you're drowning? Stop doing that! Avoid water!"
    Why is water bad for me but not for NPCs? The game doesn’t tell me water is bad. The game treats water like something entirely else, it just looks like water. That’s a difference.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    What is your argument as to why this is a bad design exactly? You made the claim. Defend it.
    You can't be serious here. I've made it several times. It is bad design because there is no reason to stop the opening of the inventory while in water and not at risk of drowning. I've defended it. I've explained it but you are stuck on the past arguments instead of engaged or even acknowledging what I'm actually responding with. This is all with out mentioning that you can start to drown while collecting water. A purposeful game interaction can put your character at risk because of animations and design.

So to recap, to keep you in the present remarks instead of the past. It is bad design because the inventory is restricted and you can drown when collecting water. This isn't simply because I don't like it. It is objectively a poorly designed system.

And you still have yet to answer the simple question of Why is it good design that you can't open the inventory? Oh right nothing can be good or bad design. A rubbish statement from people that can't accept they can create something that isn't great.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm aware I can't swim, walking on the ground in the water just makes no fucking sense to me. How am I doing that, am I carrying rocks to weigh me down more? But you CAN fight in some water if you're not submerged, meaning if I can fight in it I should be able to open my inventory.

Considering the design decisions on many things are questionable at best lately I don't know what the game is telling me. I think it is telling many people to exploit early and often because this game is riddled with bugs all over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why is water bad for me but not for NPCs? The game doesn’t tell me water is bad. The game treats water like something entirely else, it just looks like water. That’s a difference.
    Sure doesn't stop the enemies from murdering the shit out of you in water. It just looks like an awful design choice that makes no sense. Gravity walking on the bottom of water....what? That had to be a conscious choice too. Nah we don't want people to swim, make them have boots made out of cement and let them scuba dive on the ocean floor for...reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm aware I can't swim, walking on the ground in the water just makes no fucking sense to me. How am I doing that, am I carrying rocks to weigh me down more? But you CAN fight in some water if you're not submerged, meaning if I can fight in it I should be able to open my inventory.
    You can actually fight under water as long as it is a melee weapon. A ranged weapon won't do a light or heavy attack. And no abilities. Being under water and opening the inventory I get since the breath meter is so short. But when you get the "second slow" in the water is when things get locked down. The inventory should get locked until you can actually drown and not when you are still above water.