Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have a Steelcase Leap v2, love it. Wifey doesn't like it as the seat isn't as cushy as her Herman Miller Aeron.

Find them both on eBay or those "office liquidation" type websites for deep discounts. I paid $275 for my chair and MSRP is around $900+.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    I have a Steelcase Leap v2, love it. Wifey doesn't like it as the seat isn't as cushy as her Herman Miller Aeron.

Find them both on eBay or those "office liquidation" type websites for deep discounts. I paid $275 for my chair and MSRP is around $900+.
    Wow, that's a great deal! I never even thought to look for a used Aeron or Steelcase. Do you know how old they were when you bought them?

Gut I want to try them. I mean they look like my 10 year old chair which I know I dont like, but maybe its a hole other feel.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Gut I want to try them. I mean they look like my 10 year old chair which I know I dont like, but maybe its a hole other feel.
    As someone who's played MMO's since July 99 (original Everquest, I'm old #getoffmylawn) and always bought the Office Depot $99 specials, I can tell you that actually sitting it won't feel too much different (comfort wise) but ergonomics will be better, and the biggest difference is they will last the rest of your life. I was replacing the Office Depot cheapo chairs every few years because something always broke, the cylinder leaked, the arms fell off, the wheels broke... my Leap is built like a freaking tank, and I've had it for 2.5 years now (I think) and it looks no worse than the day I unpacked it. No rattles, no fasteners loosening, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jessicar View Post
    Wow, that's a great deal! I never even thought to look for a used Aeron or Steelcase. Do you know how old they were when you bought them?
    My Leap looked brand new, no scuffs on any of the surfaces, and the wheels looked barely used. The Aeron looked "used" but still in excellent condition, I'd say maybe 85-90% of new.

Craigslist can also be a good source if you live near a big city, but as with everything CL, caveat emptor.

As someone who's played MMO's since July 99 (original Everquest, I'm old #getoffmylawn) and always bought the Office Depot $99 specials, I can tell you that actually sitting it won't feel too much different (comfort wise) but ergonomics will be better, and the biggest difference is they will last the rest of your life. I was replacing the Office Depot cheapo chairs every few years because something always broke, the cylinder leaked, the arms fell off, the wheels broke... my Leap is built like a freaking tank, and I've had it for 2.5 years now (I think) and it looks no worse than the day I unpacked it. No rattles, no fasteners loosening, nothing.

My Leap looked brand new, no scuffs on any of the surfaces, and the wheels looked barely used. The Aeron looked "used" but still in excellent condition, I'd say maybe 85-90% of new.

Craigslist can also be a good source if you live near a big city, but as with everything CL, caveat emptor.
    Thanks man. I must go to a bigger town than my own then, we dont have any stores to buy furnitures in but a JYSK, so yea...they have those weird random 100-300 dollar chairs that is like....dunno. Sat in a child's version of a DX racer (Least it looked copied) etc once in JYSK, but...like I think I want the big tall bag of the chair, but yea..
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Go Embody or Aeron (personally have the Aeron). Well worth the money and will avoid back problems later.

Deleted
    Okay I ended up buying the MARKUS Ikea chair, and I gotta admit... 9.5/10, amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexet View Post
    Okay I ended up buying the MARKUS Ikea chair, and I gotta admit... 9.5/10, amazing.
    Decent choice over the dxracer imo. I heard the cushion on the markus goes flat after a couple years of hard use. Just something to keep in mind..

Deleted
    Ikea MARKUS all the way, just sad they don't deliver it for USA people for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Deleted
    Guess what guys... MY IKEA MARKUS JUST BROKE. after just owning it for less than a month, and I am not a heavy person. I won't blame IKEA MARKUS for it, awesome chair, but the company that delivered it to me. However insurance covered it, IKEA MARKUS was great, but I am definitely up to try something else. Anyone has any sugguestions? Something from this Gaming Chair Guide would be much appreciated so I can read a little about it :-)

"Gaming" chairs are just a gimmick to get you to spend money. Find an actual chair that will last and support your back.

I'd recommend not looking for a Gaming chair, they traditionally lack proper back support. Just look for used office chairs, they usually go for a lot cheaper than new and would possible fit your price range if you find a good deal.

I've been using Raynor Ergohuman for a year now and I had "good" chairs before, I always got a bit tired after 8 hours of sitting. And this chair just doesn't tire my back at all, still wouldn't recommend it for people with no back problems, because it's like 600 Euros and you can get by with much less. Also the pressure the lumbar support creates ain't adjustable, so some users may not be able to use this chair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vexet View Post
    Guess what guys... MY IKEA MARKUS JUST BROKE. after just owning it for less than a month, and I am not a heavy person. I won't blame IKEA MARKUS for it, awesome chair, but the company that delivered it to me. However insurance covered it, IKEA MARKUS was great, but I am definitely up to try something else. Anyone has any sugguestions? Something from this Gaming Chair Guide would be much appreciated so I can read a little about it :-)
    Ikea makes cheap junk so I am not surprised.

I currently have an Arozzi Toretta and I can firmly say that I don't recommend it. I've owned it for about a year now and the cushioning on the seat has gone flat and it hurts my butt after about 2 hours of sitting or so. Also I believe that it's starting to "break" as it feels like the chair is starting to tilt/bend forward. At least I got a good sale deal on it back then. Tried the "gaming chair" hype and am proud to say I won't buy another ever.

Deleted
    Maxnomic EU.

DXRacer US.

They are both on both continents though, so you can easily buy a DXracer in EU as well.

I own a DXracer and am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Maxnomic EU.

DXRacer US.

They are both on both continents though, so you can easily buy a DXracer in EU as well.

I own a DXracer and am happy with it.
    DX racer is an office chair with fancy colors on it=gaming chair for three times the cost.

Have all the people in this thread that is hating on DXRacer actually owned one of the newer models or are you just circlejerking?

I own a King series and there is plenty of support for my back. Sure there are probably better office chairs out there but then you have to spend 50% more than you would spend on the DXRacer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    DX racer is an office chair with fancy colors on it=gaming chair for three times the cost.
    Well, that is what it is exactly indeed.

Good office chairs are serving the same purpose a gaming chair needs to server. It all makes sense if you put it that way.

But I understand.

I'm curious why the bad stigma towards the chairs though? Have they failed a lot of people, look dull, feel bad or what exactly?

I mean the one I have, serves me pretty well, it isn't a sofa, give it that, so it isn't extra soft and comfy but it fills the need of supporting my back and allowing me to comfortably use my peripherals behind the PC.

Now obviously, cheaper choices were available at the nearest apartment store that sold furniture and I did check those out but most of them just looked so flimsy that I feared they'd fall apart in about a years or 2 useage. And yeah, they did cost 3 times less but at the same time, IIRC they hand out a 12 year warranty on the frame for the DXracer chairs, which is enough to catch my eye. Obviously the furnishing on it will give out earlier but that is to be expected on any of those. As long as the frame doesn't simply just fall apart randomly or the wheels crack down, I'm, happy with it. And it's why I paid the price.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    I'm curious why the bad stigma towards the chairs though? Have they failed a lot of people, look dull, feel bad or what exactly?
    Their price to feature/quality is generally pretty awful. Some are nice, but even then not $400 nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You're referring to a generic office chair, right? Because a proper office chair will cost you a lot more than those shitty dxracers.

With that said, OP; Herman Miller is having their annual 15% off sale till the 15th of dec. Better jump at that opportunity!