Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I've got the ERW Ring and the OB belt. Fuck my life, I'm getting like 40-50% FP uptime at best and I never even use ERW cause it makes FP even worse. Honestly thinking of speccing into Freezing Fog, Howling Blast is already hitting like a truck and doing like 15% of my damage and it means I'd actually be able to use one of my legendaries, wow!

dude, are you kidding me? I have the ERW ring without the belt and I hold a breath for ENTIRE boss fights on mythic + up to +9 so far. I am pulling 450-600k dps on every boss. those 2 legendaries you have are a wet dream. Ditch the standard generic build everyone runs and run 3/1/2/x/x/3/2. Gathering does great aoe still and your boss fights will top the charts. If you are a raider I am not sure how amazing you'll do, but if you push + you need to be running breath. your dps will be almost unmatched. You will be carrying hard. You can swap out gathering for scythe if you're not lazy and it's a bit better for trash and consistent since it's on demand. Boss dmg suffers slightly. Same goes for swapping freezing fog for horn but I am lazy and HB is such a huge portion of dmg in breath build that I prefer FF.
    Last edited by Torra; 2016-11-09 at 02:48 PM.

drop haste as low as possible. Crit becomes a very valuble stat to give more km procs, and nothing but boots relics become BiS over ambi because of more oblit usage, higher crit, and more km procs. Drop Glacial Advance for Obliteration.

another thing, dont worry about FP uptime so much, spamming more oblits will do more damage than AAing with fp, just worry about wasted rune regen. Optimize FP uptime, but realize that high uptime isnt required to do damage as frost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torra View Post
    dude, are you kidding me? I have the ERW ring without the belt and I hold a breath for ENTIRE boss fights on mythic + up to +9 so far. I am pulling 450-600k dps on every boss. those 2 legendaries you have are a wet dream. Ditch the standard generic build everyone runs and run 3/1/2/x/x/3/2. Gathering does great aoe still and your boss fights will top the charts. If you are a raider I am not sure how amazing you'll do, but if you push + you need to be running breath. your dps will be almost unmatched. You will be carrying hard. You can swap out gathering for scythe if you're not lazy and it's a bit better for trash and consistent since it's on demand. Boss dmg suffers slightly. Same goes for swapping freezing fog for horn but I am lazy and HB is such a huge portion of dmg in breath build that I prefer FF.
    see, that would be the case if breath did enough damage to justify using it. RP for RP frost strike is strictly superior. on top of that, Icy Talons is massive, and frozen pulse feeds off of IT.

I have the ring. I've attempted parses with BoS and without. the best usage is to just go ham all the time and use it if you're out of runes and rp before Icy Talons drops. play more conservatively when both charges are down.
    Last edited by Shadowman 747; 2016-11-10 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post
    drop haste as low as possible. Crit becomes a very valuble stat to give more km procs, and nothing but boots relics become BiS over ambi because of more oblit usage, higher crit, and more km procs. Drop Glacial Advance for Obliteration.

another thing, dont worry about FP uptime so much, spamming more oblits will do more damage than AAing with fp, just worry about wasted rune regen. Optimize FP uptime, but realize that high uptime isnt required to do damage as frost.

- - - Updated - - -

see, that would be the case if breath did enough damage to justify using it. RP for RP frost strike is strictly superior. on top of that, Icy Talons is massive, and frozen pulse feeds off of IT.

I have the ring. I've attempted parses with BoS and without. the best usage is to just go ham all the time and use it if you're out of runes and rp before Icy Talons drops. play more conservatively when both charges are down.

What kind of dps #s are you pulling in mythic + and whatever else you do? I have not seen one DK come close to the 450-600k dps I can consistently pull on single target in mythic +'s. The FP users tend to hit around 300-350k if they are in the 860+ ilvls. Not being able to use frost strike whatsoever in a boss fight hurts my soul, but the breath ends up being a significant amount of damage and since it is just pulsing, it frees you up to spam the shit out of oblit and rime procs, building up your RW damage with gathering. Have you put it into actual practice at all? Or are ya just going off of simcraft stuff? If I can pull 450-600, I would imagine you could pull some insane #'s.
    Last edited by Torra; 2016-11-10 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torra View Post
    What kind of dps #s are you pulling in mythic + and whatever else you do? I have not seen one DK come close to the 450-600k dps I can consistently pull on single target in mythic +'s. The FP users tend to hit around 300-350k if they are in the 860+ ilvls. Not being able to use frost strike whatsoever in a boss fight hurts my soul, but the breath ends up being a significant amount of damage and since it is just pulsing, it frees you up to spam the shit out of oblit and rime procs, building up your RW damage with gathering. Have you put it into actual practice at all? Or are ya just going off of simcraft stuff? If I can pull 450-600, I would imagine you could pull some insane #'s.
    in M+ I don't spec into aoe damage generally. If i dont have my DH buddy with mr, i spec into frostscythe and pull about 500k if not more on trash. Longer the pull, the higher my dps. Having the ST from the cookie cutter icy talons build on bosses and specific targets is almost always more valuble for me and the stack i run with.

The AoE spec is just going frostscythe and not RA. I get what you mean, and yeah, your theorycrafting is sound, but i genuinely dont think that BoS is viable. The numbers arent there. In the future, if it's buffed, sure.

in raid encounters, i pull between 280k and 415k depending on the fight, the number of targets, the duration, and boss disconnect duration. i'm usually second on my guild's dps on most fights.
    Last edited by Shadowman 747; 2016-11-10 at 09:48 PM.