Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do you? No it doesn't, Dragon Ball Z is still big and still good even tho the movie was shit. The movie has no effect on the anime. Even more so since the anime has been out for a long ass time.

Don't like the live action go watch one of the FMA animes.
    Indeed. Watch FMA or FMA:Brotherhood and then follow it up with the appropriate film. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch this and some people may actually get some joy out of it.

i remember when this was announced. they filmed it in europe but decided to use all japanese actors. when fullmetal alchemist is the one anime adaption you would want to use white people in.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

After looking at the screencap before clicking play. I know this is going to be shit
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    Indeed. Watch FMA or FMA:Brotherhood and then follow it up with the appropriate film. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch this and some people may actually get some joy out of it.
    The way some people act about the things they like just blows my mind sometimes. Like the original go enjoy it and let others enjoy this. People was raging hard about the GNTS movie and yet its turning out to look really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i remember when this was announced. they filmed it in europe but decided to use all japanese actors. when fullmetal alchemist is the one anime adaption you would want to use white people in.
    Ya he looks like a Japanese kid cosplaying as Ed. That is my only complaint so far with it, I will have to watch it to fully judge it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The way some people act about the things they like just blows my mind sometimes. Like the original go enjoy it and let others enjoy this. People was raging hard about the GNTS movie and yet its turning out to look really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya not to sound racist but he looks like a Japanese kid cosplaying as Ed. That is my only complaint so far with it, I will have to watch it to fully judge it.
    The only films I have that reaction with are the SW OT. The fact that we can't get an untouched version of those films in 1080p or even 4K(in a current format) is an insult to the fans who made the series a multi-billion dollar industry.

Deleted
    I've watched both FMA and FMA: Brotherhood through + films at least 4-5 times each at least and that's just recently. I even have a FMA ouroboros tattoo. But assuming i know nothing about FMA works better for your "arugment" i guess.

Live action doesn't work generally, the G.I.T.S live action stands a better chance of working then the FMA one but it will still at best be a mediocre film to anyone who knows nothing of the series and a slap in the face to anyone that does.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The braid is there (I think), freeze it at the end of the trailer when he readies himself, I believe you see the braid flick off his shoulder.

With that said though, I also definitely don't like this actor for Ed. His being a native of what is basically AU Germany is sort of a central plot point. He may not have blue eyes, but he is supposed to be white. Although I suppose that isn't as big of a hole in this as everyone being Japanese was in the AoT live action....which basically destroyed the origin story of one character. But back OT; if story telling is done well? I can overlook it. Extremely curious to see how they do his automail personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    I've watched both FMA and FMA: Brotherhood through + films at least 4-5 times each at least and that's just recently. I even have a FMA ouroboros tattoo. But assuming i know nothing about FMA works better for your "arugment" i guess.

Live action doesn't work generally, the G.I.T.S live action stands a better chance of working then the FMA one but it will still at best be a mediocre film to anyone who knows nothing of the series and a slap in the face to anyone that does.
    Cool story bro.

Still can't wait to see what they made.

i might be wrong but im pretty sure the movie is only about the first arc in the anime. the one with the fake priest and the stone given to him by lust and envy.

which is easily covered by a movie
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post

Never said you knew nothing about FMA, I assume those coming to this thread will know about FMA.

My point is that this movie does not effect the Anime's or the Anime's movies AT ALL. Like it and watch it or don't, But to say this has any effect on the Anime's is childish.

Once again the Dragonball movie was pure shit and yet the anime is doing just fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You can clearly see the braid as he's bracing himself about to be hit by the tidal wave of stone.

You can clearly see the braid as he's bracing himself about to be hit by the tidal wave of stone.
    It isn't just the braid but you are right.

A Japanese actor does not fit this role. He does not look even close to being Ed, He looks like a Japanese kid cosplaying as Ed. Not saying he will be bad at the role and he could do quite well.

But for the setting he doesn't fit the look.

It isn't just the braid but you are right.

A Japanese actor does not fit this role. He does not look even close to being Ed, He looks like a Japanese kid cosplaying as Ed. Not saying he will be bad at the role and he could do quite well.

But for the setting he doesn't fit the look.
    This is the problem western people have with anime. When a Japanese person watches it all the characters we see as white people they see as Japanese people. Get over it. This movie is being made for the Japanese market first and foremost, as such they're going to cast it in a way Japanese fans will identify with.

he wouldnt look as out of place if they had filmed it in japan.

This is the problem western people have with anime. When a Japanese person watches it all the characters we see as white people they see as Japanese people. Get over it. This movie is being made for the Japanese market first and foremost, as such they're going to cast it in a way Japanese fans will identify with.
    If the movie was flimed in Japan and had a Japan setting you would have a point.

But the story's setting and fliming isn't in Japan. Also you seem a bit pissy over my opinion. Even Japanese fans will be annoyed at this because once again it doesn't fit the character or setting.

This is the problem western people have with anime. When a Japanese person watches it all the characters we see as white people they see as Japanese people. Get over it.
    except this isnt the case with fullmetal.

arakawa based amestris on germany and drachma on russia. thats why everyone in the show has germanic traits.

theres actual asian people in fma, they come from xing

If the movie was flimed in Japan and had a Japan setting you would have a point.

But the story's setting and fliming isn't in Japan. Also you seem a bit pissy over my opinion.
    I'm not pissy, I was explaining to you why your opinion is flawed. I understand people thinking these are supposed to be germans, but they're not. They're from a completely different planet. As such trying to impose your views on race on them is laughable. And, again, this is a movie for the Japanese market. They don't have tons of white people who speak fluent Japanese they could cast in the role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except this isnt the case with fullmetal.

arakawa based amestris on germany and drachma on russia. thats why everyone in the show has germanic traits.

theres actual asian people in fma, they come from xing

That's nice. Read my response to JTBrig. And Xing was based on China, not all asian culture.

I'm not pissy, I was explaining to you why your opinion is flawed. I understand people thinking these are supposed to be germans, but they're not. They're from a completely different planet. As such trying to impose your views on race on them is laughable. And, again, this is a movie for the Japanese market. They don't have tons of white people who speak fluent Japanese they could cast in the role.
    Not going to go into detail, Just read the post above this one.

The look and setting matters a lot and he doesn't fit it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice. Read my response to JTBrig. And Xing was based on China, not all asian culture.
    Nice argument, Thanks for showing you don't have a clue about FMA or what we are talking about.

Not going to go into detail, Just read the post above this one.

The look and setting matters a lot and he doesn't fit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice argument, Thanks for showing you don't have a clue about FMA or what we are talking about.
    Sorry, but it doesn't. I know exactly what you guys are talking about and your point is only valid if you're viewing this with bigotry. The color of someone's skin doesn't fucking matter and neither do their facial features. The important aspect is the story and the relationship of the two brothers. Pretending their race is the most important thing(you guys are elevating it to one of the most important things) is superficial and asinine. But keep getting hung up on inconsequential shit.

Sorry, but it doesn't. I know exactly what you guys are talking about and your point is only valid if you're viewing this with bigotry. The color of someone's skin doesn't fucking matter and neither do their facial features. The important aspect is the story and the relationship of the two brothers. Pretending their race is the most important thing(you guys are elevating it to one of the most important things) is superficial and asinine. But keep getting hung up on inconsequential shit.
    I didn't say it was the most important so don't put words in my mouth. I said it does not fit the setting and the sitting is based on germany.

Hell Hitler and Nazi's was even in the first version of FMA that ended with the movie Conqueror of shamballa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullme...r_of_Shamballa
    Having lived for two years on a parallel universe Earth, while his younger brother Alphonse is also trying to reunite with him by any means necessary. Edward's search attracts the attention of the Thule Society, which seeks to enter his homeworld, believing it to be Shamballa, to obtain new weapons to help them in World War II.
    Learn FMA before commenting on anything I say about it, I also love how you pulled the bigotry card, it isn't bigotry saying someone doesn't fit a role because of there look.

He doesn't look the part IMO he looks like a Japanese kid cosplaying as ED. None of that is bigotry, Its observing and stating a opinion and the opinion is based on the knowledge of the anime.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-16 at 06:43 PM.