Poll: Fav pokemon main game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd have to go with Emerald, simply because of the Battle Frontier. Man, I sunk countless hours into the Battle Tower... After Emerald, I'd go with Red, for nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold/Silver/Crystal

Something about Gen 2 just made me like Pokemon even more than Gen 1, which is a very close second. Probably the Dark Pokemon, overcoming the Miltank gym leader, and everything else that made Gen 1 so great.

That being said, it wasn't until X/Y that I become obsessed with perfect IV/nature/ability/EV Pokemon. I should've never learned about Pokemon breeding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gen 3, specifically Emerald. Primarily because it's the game I have the fondest memories of.

However, I do have a soft spot for Gen V. It's reinvigorated my interest in Pokemon. Still think N's Castle crashing down on the Elite Four was one of the coolest moments in the Pokemon games.

Pokemon Black & White by a mile. Whereas every other Pokemon game's story felt like a roadblock towards the fun part - the endgame - BW's story was something that I actually wanted to experience more of. It was thought provoking, it addressed the dark, intrinsic aspects of Pokemon by deconstructing and the reconstructing the premise of the franchise, the characters actually felt like people to sympathize with as opposed to dressed up menus with a sprite pretending to be a person, and the finale is simply put one of the best and strongest ever for a Nintendo game. My one and only complaint is that it didn't have a post-game campaign beyond playing hide-and-seek with the Sages, but the remakes will be sure to add one in.

I would say the silver/gold/crystal games. It was so cool to go through the new world and then back to the updated old world. It was all familiar yet new and improved. 10/10 games.

I was a big Red/Blue/Yellow fan.

Sadly I kinda fell out of the series after that. Gold and Silver were okay. I stopped playing after Ruby/Sapphire.

Nothing wrong with the series and I can't hate on it. My interests in games have just shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Mine is Gold/silver/crystal, but probably because thats when i got big into it as a kid.
    Ditto. I spent some time with the 1st gen (not much because we only had 1 gameboy and 1 game and so my older brother didn't let me play over his save), but Silver (and the friends I play with / talked about it) was a big part of my childhood or some 3 or 4 years. I remember sitting on the school yard or bedroom playing and/or talking about random stuff in the game, like the Unown and what they meant, or about Celebi and Mew and wondering possible theories on how to catch them (we weren't very into the internet yet =P), conspiracy theory style.

For that Silver will always hold a special place.

To be fair I haven't really properly tried any other since it left the GBC, apart from FireRed more recently which I did fairly enjoy. Looking forward to try Sun/Moon in the near future, but I highly doubt I'll ever get as attached as I once was to Silver or the 1st gen, not because they aren't better games overall, just that for me "Pokémon" got defined by how I initially experienced it: Those first 2 gens.

I love the first generation the most because of the original Pokemons, but gameplay wise Gold and Silver are probably better. Red and Blue feel so dated to play these days, while Gold and Silver has so many more features and other improvements that its still fun to play today.

I also liked Black and White, but haven't gotten to replay it yet after finishing it when it got released.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Emerald, hoping they also remake it for the 3ds.
    The Ruby/Sapphire remake included all the special stuff from Emerald, just like Soulsilver and Heartgold included the Crystal bit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I vaguely remember playing ruby...

I know me and my brother and friends played red/blue and gold/silver quite a bit... the hours played on that game... the hours played on WoW... I could be a doctor or some shit.

It got very... Japanese. I don't know how else to explain it.

Really all I have to say is there is a reason they came out with mega-evolutions... because there was something magical about the first couple games (first one in particular) a magic that is missing from the others.

Ew... I sound like one of those pro-vanilla server players... yuck! Lemme outta this thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I had the most fun with Fire Red. Going back to the originals with the new graphics that it had was just so exciting and fun for me as someone who grew up playing Yellow version.

My second favorite is definitely Ruby. I put so many hours into that game and I loved it so much. Treeko was my favorite starter in that game, he was awesome. I'm actually planning on buying Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Not sure which one though.

Third would be the Soulsilver if I could actually find a copy at a decent fucking price. I don't know why it's so damn rare and expensive these days. Anyone know if they're going to give the 3D treatment to the Red/Blue or Silver/Gold games?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I think I had the most fun with Fire Red. Going back to the originals with the new graphics that it had was just so exciting and fun for me as someone who grew up playing Yellow version.

My second favorite is definitely Ruby. I put so many hours into that game and I loved it so much. Treeko was my favorite starter in that game, he was awesome. I'm actually planning on buying Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Not sure which one though.

Third would be the Soulsilver if I could actually find a copy at a decent fucking price. I don't know why it's so damn rare and expensive these days. Anyone know if they're going to give the 3D treatment to the Red/Blue or Silver/Gold games?
    I'd imagine they are working on Diamond and Pearl remakes right after they finish the Switch version of Sun/Moon of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'd imagine they are working on Diamond and Pearl remakes right after they finish the Switch version of Sun/Moon of course.
    Oh that's awesome I just looked that up. I wonder if it's going to have like console graphics or if it's just going to look like a 3DS game? Either way this is kind of what I've been asking for for the longest time since Pokemon Colosseum, a console version of a Pokemon game. Hm, I might have a reason to get Switch afterall.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gamecube level graphics. Just better resolution and less jaggies.

Gold, not even close.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking Sun & Moon for their shaking up of a lot of core mechanics and features, but I prefer the pixel art of the later DS games. If they ever get to the point where they could actually show the 3D models physically hitting each other with attacks, I would probably finally be able to dump the charm of the pre-3DS generation graphics.

Gold/Silver/Crystal

All of the generations after the first two are pretty shit and look retarded as fuck.

Battle revolution/XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Only ever played Blue and Silver. I preferred Silver so I voted for that, it was a good evolution over Gen 1. Saying that though I actually have more nostalgia for gen 1.

In the same boat here... Gold/Silver... Great times.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~