Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Jill Stein Surging Recount Costs.

No it isn't the WoW add on.

Just yesterday we noted that Jill Stein was acting on behalf of Hillary Clinton to raise money for recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. As we noted then, we continue to be astonished by the amount of money flowing into the fundraising campaign and would love to see which of Hillary's mega donors have spent the most on the effort...somehow we suspect this isn't just a "grassroots organizing" effort as Stein described it.

So, in less than 1 day, Jill Stein raised over $3mm, which is more than the $2mm needed to force a recount in Wisconsin. While she attributed the accomplishment to "the power of grassroots organizing," we would tend to be a little more skeptical and would love to see exactly where those donations came from. Then again, maybe we're wrong and there really are just that many disaffected snowflakes out there willing to blow their money on an extreme long shot.
    But, today a new mystery has emerged in Stein's fundraising efforts. Apparently, the more money she raises the more expensive the recount effort becomes. Courtesy of the Wayback Machine we have the following snapshots from her fundraising page over the past couple of days:

November 24, 2016 at 3:46AM - In the beginning, Stein figured she needed a total of $2.5mm to fund her recount efforts. That figure included $2.2mm for the actual filing fees and presumably another $0.3mm for legal fees and other costs.

November 24, 2016 at 1:20PM - Then, just 12 hours later, after the cash just kept flowing in, Stein figured she needed at least another $2mm as her fundraising goal was raised to $4.5mm in total. Of course, the filing fees of $2.2mm didn't change but the "attorney's fees" apparently surged by about 300% and the total costs of the effort skyrocketed to $6-7mm.

November 25, 2016 at 6:11AM - Now, just this morning as Stein approaches $5mm in total donations, her overall fundraising goal has surged once again and now stands at $7mm.

So, with nearly $5mm raised so far, the question is no longer whether recounts will occur in WI, MI and PA but just how much Jill Stein will be able to drain from the pockets of disaffected Hillary supporters to fund her long-shot efforts.

All that said, here is Jill Stein admitting to CNN that she has absolutely no evidence of election hacking....even though she asks that you please keep sending your money anyway.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-recount-costs

No one has any evidence of tampering or rigging or anything bad. You know this unless you are ignoring what was reported or playing dumb. There was some statistical anomalies that some computer scientists found and brought to the Clinton campaign to look at a recount to make sure nothing fishy was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No one has any evidence of tampering or rigging or anything bad.
    She even admits this, but give her 7 million anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    She even admits this, but give her 7 million anyway.
    That is not the point. The money is being raised to cover the costs of recounts to verify the election was valid and those 7% anomalies were noting. It has nothing to do with having any evidence of hacking/rigging/tampering.

It's funny because everyone was so worried about whether or not trump would concede if he lost. Now everyone else is throwing fits because he won.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So where is this money coming from? George Sore-ass? Hillary? Gates?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No one has any evidence of tampering or rigging or anything bad. You know this unless you are ignoring what was reported or playing dumb. There was some statistical anomalies that some computer scientists found and brought to the Clinton campaign to look at a recount to make sure nothing fishy was going on.
    There was a 7% difference between paper ballots and computerized ballots. What that tells me is that there is more likely voter fraud or something within those casting the paper ballots. Such as people voting two or more times in states that do not require an ID to cast a vote so that you cannot vote more than once.

What I want to know is, is she going to give the money back when she misses the deadlines to file for the recounts? I think not. She is defrauding those who are donating money for that cause.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Whatever floats people's boats, I guess. I won't be donating though.
    I still can't wrap my head around donating to something that should be paid for by taxes if such a recount is deemed necessary. But okay keep donating that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    There was a 7% difference between paper ballots and computerized ballots. What that tells me is that there is more likely voter fraud or something within those casting the paper ballots. Such as people voting two or more times in states that do not require an ID to cast a vote so that you cannot vote more than once.

What I want to know is, is she going to give the money back when she misses the deadlines to file for the recounts? I think not. She is defrauding those who are donating money for that cause.
    You still have to verify who you are. No picture ID you sign an affidavit. You don't have people voting multiple times, and those that do get caught trying and never cast multiple votes or enough to make a statistical difference. That is fact and has been researched and studied.

fear got trump the presidency

why wouldnt fear be able to give stein a recount?

did she do the same thing for Bernie?
    cause it is a Fact that he got screwed out of the primary, so...fuck Jill Stein.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    So where is this money coming from? George Sore-ass? Hillary? Gates?
    7 million people giving 1$ each?

Who cares.

While I'm amused by the effort, I can't help but think the money would be put to better use to start fixing the problems that caused people to vote for Trump to begin with
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    While I'm amused by the effort, I can't help but think the money would be put to better use to start fixing the problems that caused people to vote for Trump to begin with
    Imagine if we put the 2 billion in election campaigns to good use every 4 years instead of spend it all on advertising.

Deleted
    There is nothing I could hope more for than Wisconsin to show rigged votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the recount necessary, when the new president has admitted himself that the election is rigged? Jail the bastard and be done with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    WI has already been filed - the recount begins next week. Deadline is Monday for PA and Wednesday for MI (Michigan at the least can't be petitioned for recount until they certify the results - which happens Monday)

A fool and his money soon part ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like a bad Kickstarter scam.

Or it's the start of WWIII when we discover those sneaky Russians rigged it after all