PTR: 43,12%
    difference: 14,415%

also new rating conversions.
    Live -> PTR
    350 -> 400 mastery
    400 -> 475 vers
    350 -> 400 crit
    325 -> 375 haste
    This is hilarious. Really. Mages already had very, very bad secondary stat scaling outside of Crit... and now they made everything even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    This is hilarious. Really. Mages already had very, very bad secondary stat scaling outside of Crit... and now they made everything even worse.
    And that's not just for mages, its across the board for every single class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And that's not just for mages, its across the board for every single class and spec.
    it's true but mages relied on this slightly more I feel and with all the other changes they are doing they really need to give us something elsewhere it's pretty worrying tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyraven View Post
    it's true but mages relied on this slightly more I feel and with all the other changes they are doing they really need to give us something elsewhere it's pretty worrying tbh
    Any class that stacks one stat over another is going to be hurt more by it, its not just us. Rogues will be as well ( its tied to their regen)

We relied on secondaries, because our scaling from them is too good due to internal synergies within the spec. And that in turn made Int look bad due to our baseline spells hitting like wet nuggets. Also what made our dps scale way worse than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Nothing in terms of making frost aoe better rip
    Every time Blizzard deals damage it reduces frozen orb's cooldown by 0.5 seconds, isn't that new? With large enough pulls it makes the orb basically spammable.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's definitely not true, spriest was probably the worst case. I think it was Haste at 1.4 for a while. I don't know about melee. Still sucks though.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2016-12-01 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    Every time Blizzard deals damage it reduces frozen orb's cooldown by 0.5 seconds, isn't that new? With large enough pulls it makes the orb basically spammable.
    Channeled blizzard and frost aoe is shiet on 4-5 mobs. Maybe it will do smth on +6 mobs but still prob unplayable on mythic+

Yeah in the last paragraph he literally said we are changing fire mages gameplay.

"More overall character power will come from your primary stats than it did before, so all of your abilities will hit harder, even if they crit less or happen less frequently. "

Can't put enough emphasis on the bolded text.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah in the last paragraph he literally said we are changing fire mages gameplay.

"More overall character power will come from your primary stats than it did before, so all of your abilities will hit harder, even if they crit less or happen less frequently. "

Can't put enough emphasis on the bolded text.

So Basically we stand there and spam fireball, pop off a Fireblast on the rare occasion we get a heating up proc, Pyroblast, and go back to fireball spam.. Gee that sounds like such engaging game play.... <sigh.. bottle of whiskey & a gun ..>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    So Basically we stand there and spam fireball, pop off a Fireblast on the rare occasion we get a heating up proc, Pyroblast, and go back to fireball spam.. Gee that sounds like such engaging game play.... <sigh.. bottle of whiskey & a gun ..>
    what makes it worse is that the t19 4pc is directly tied to our ability to crit(not to mention you'll loose a shit ton of crit to go after the 4pc) and is currently balanced around a high critrate, so that needs to be significantly buffed as well, not saying they cant make fire good dmg-wise but they definately got a lot of work ahead of them to make fire good again, my problem is that not having a good amount of crit (loosing 15ish% crit from various nerfs and an additional 7ish% crit from going after the t19 4p) will make the spec increasingly boring and not fun to play but i can see why they did what they did bcoz it doesnt make much sense having a 20 ilvl upgrade be a dps downgrade and there are still several talents that are just plain useless like meteor, mirror image, blazing soul etc. and needs a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    Yep, thats whats gamebreaking for me. Dont care if we are op, middle or bad(more fun to top meters on a mediocre spec imo) this change is gonna make gameplay more dull and almost back to WoD-fire and I didnt like that at all. The new fire play was the reason I mained fire mage(if I am honest, 50/50 that and the fireballs around the character) Now we won't do regular HS before 7.3(maybe pessimistic )

Hopefully arcane will be good old WoD-arcane.