Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Most stupid. Not stupidest.
    These are even better reasons than your OP.
    Love this thread. I hope you will stay a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I don't get it. You want to take away PvE raid gear transmog just because "PvPers" can get it much easier after having waited a long time to get it? First off, who says it's just PvPers who get the gear? Because not just "PvPers" get the raid gear you know. Other people who didn't play back then might also want the gear, you know.

Besides that it's the EXACT same for PvP gear. Are you saying that we should disable conquest gear transmog as well once the season is over? Because you know, I have to do arena every season in order to achieve the gear when you only have to do a few BGs to get it once the season is over.

If anything you sound extremely entitled.

First of all tone down the attitude, Mr.

I don't care if it's not just pvpers that are getting the raid gear once the raid is nerfed/new expansion comes out. I'm more concernced with the double standard that prevents pvers from getting elite gear by "waiting for it for a long time" after the season ends.

If the people in between casuals get punished as a result of my suggestion so what? Who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    /eyebrow raise

Excuse me?

Mind saying that one more time?
    I'll bite my tongue

I apologize for the bad video quality, but it pretty much sums it up for you OP.

And wanting for someone else to not have something they do, just cuz your side ain't equal, is plain and simple, being an asshole.

And while I do agree that people should be able to transmog into any gear they have obtained, by any effort, any time in their playtime, and that includes PvP elite gear in the next PvP season, that STILL doesn't mean that I would want for others not to have something, just because I don't have something.
    Last edited by Ohmygonzo; 2014-11-06 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    The entire point of transmog is to be able to change the appearance of your current tier/expac gear for something else that you prefer the look of. Disabling transmog on previous tier/expac gear would null the whole concept.
    And?

So?

I want to transmog elite pvp gear after the pvp season ends but I can't so the transmog is "null" for me. I don't see anyone crying over this.

Deleted
    You are aware that the MoP CM sets just became unobtainable, right?

Deleted
    The gold sink from transmog is not that big and they can easily find it elsewhere i.e. those useless buildings that they told us would be our player-housing then lied about it and backtracked to saying it's "base of operations" and called it garrison.

As for your comment that transmog is saving us from wearing ugly armour sets you're wrong.
    In your opinion, I'm wrong and that's ok.

You still didn't think your op or reasons for it through very well. You basically want to end transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The Oxford Dictionary disagrees with you.

Also, this is why we have Challenge Mode transmog gear now. High end PVE gear that goes away after the season.
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.

Nobody says I'm lucidier or this is the lucidiest

Or
    rancid

Rancidier and rancidiest

et al

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You are aware that the MoP CM sets just became unobtainable, right?
    After everyone in the universe got it. Yeah okay

Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Except for, you know, it being literally what that means. Just because people don't use a word because it sounds dumb or awkward to pronounce doesn't mean it isn't a word. You choose not to see eye to eye with reality. Which is fine. I just find it a bit sad that you think an appropriate response to being offended that you can't transmog something is to deny more transmog options to everybody else. Because clearly that's much better, right?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

And?

So?

I want to transmog elite pvp gear after the pvp season ends but I can't so the transmog is "null" for me. I don't see anyone crying over this.
    I'm sorry to say that null for you != null in general.

Why have the ability to transmog at all if you're only able to transmog gear from the same tier/expac. Ignoring LFR-specific models, the only difference between gear for classes would be colour from the differing difficulties or other classes' off-pieces.

Presumably you're deliberately ignoring the fact that anyone is able to transmog old Honour gear, barring level-60 without the achievement?
    Last edited by Phototropic; 2014-11-06 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added quote

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens for Elite PVP gear so why not PVE.
    Given the fact that I still use TBC gear for transmog because most of our modern gear looks like shit, I say:

FUCK NO!

PS: PvP Transmog restrictions are BS and are a point of critique since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    In your opinion, I'm wrong and that's ok.

You still didn't think your op or reasons for it through very well. You basically want to end transmog.
    oh so you speak facts and the rest of can only share opinions.

Deleted
    After everyone in the universe got it. Yeah okay
    So? They still were obtained through PvE and became unobtainable as soon as the respective CM season ended.
    The reason why so many more people got them is that so many more people cared about them than about PvP. Theoretically, you could easily buy a boost for both.

And?

So?
    And, with your suggestion, a vast majority of gear that is currently available would be rendered unavailable. So, going through with this idea of yours wouldn't really benefit anyone, because there would wind up being far less choice, regarding obtainable transmog gear. Was this really something that needed a spoon-fed explanation? Surely you're smart enough to figure this out?

Also if you want to transmog certain gear, how or why did you come to the solution of disabling transmog eligibility for all old gear from all old expansions? Instead of maybe - you know, just wanting the gear you want to mog become eligible for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    So? They still were obtained through PvE and became unobtainable as soon as the respective CM season ended.
    The reason why so many more people got them is that so many more people cared about them than about PvP. Theoretically, you could easily buy a boost for both.
    I think boosts are really immoral and people who get them suck.

Deleted
    oh so you speak facts and the rest of can only share opinions.
    No, that clearly isn't what I am saying at all. Your OP is badly thought out, it makes a non-point. You even admit to feeling this way as you aren't able to get the elite PvP gear yourself, so you only want this out of spite. Transmog is a fun harmless feature that has proven very popular since it's introduction. Your suggestion to end it, won't be.

So, I will ask again the question you seem to want to dodge answering. If current tier only may be transmogged, what does one transmog their gear to? The answer? Nothing, because you either already have that gear and therefore the look of it, or you don't and cannot transmog it.

Bad idea is bad because stupid.

This is likely just a troll post. It's from the same guy that feels the expac should be delayed since he "didn't have time to prepare" for WoD in the year and a half SoO's been out, and that it shouldn't release without the new Belf model because "it's the most played race."

I wouldn't feed it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    No, that clearly isn't what I am saying at all. Your OP is badly thought out, it makes a non-point. You even admit to feeling this way as you aren't able to get the elite PvP gear yourself, so you only want this out of spite. Transmog is a fun harmless feature that has proven very popular since it's introduction. Your suggestion to end it, won't be.

So, I will ask again the question you seem to want to dodge answering. If current tier only may be transmogged, what does one transmog their gear to? The answer? Nothing, because you either already have that gear and therefore the look of it, or you don't and cannot transmog it.

Bad idea is bad because stupid.

greens from questing or AH

Why should people be given the chance to transmog raid gear without putting in the effort?

Transmog is a luxury not something that should be free for everyone even those lazy people that don't want to try raiding or going to arena and achieving the the required rating for the gear.

If you play the game and get the gear then you deserve transmog. Soloing bosses or 3 manning ICC 235man HC just disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is a luxury not something that should be free for everyone
    Yes it should. Transmog is far too restricted as is right now.
    More restrictions would render the feature useless.

Deleted
    greens from questing or AH

Why should people be given the chance to transmog raid gear without putting in the effort?

Transmog is a luxury not something that should be free for everyone even those lazy people that don't want to try raiding or going to arena and achieving the the required rating for the gear.

If you play the game and get the gear then you deserve transmog. Soloing bosses or 3 manning ICC 235man HC just disgusting.
    Problem is, you are associating old content transmog with e-peen. This is a false equivalence I am afraid, it has nothing to do with e-peen, it is about preferring a certain look and/or nostalgia for an era of the game or a certain tier. Elite PvP gear does boost one's e-peen, it shows how good you are at the time and is intended to be only available to the best players. The mounts are also only available to the people who can aquire the gear, should they also be made unmountable after the season ends? Bit of a faux pas on Blizzard's side considering they are only dished out AFTER the season is over?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind the ability to trade like 5x tier tokens for a piece of gear with a different color scheme. That would work like pvp in that elite gear is just a lot of conq points for different looks.
    Would give pve players "season" unique gear and a sink for excessive tier tokens.