Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He has 2 weeks. I'm sure he'll be fine.

SUPERBOWL BABY!

Can't believe it was a fucking defensive play by GILMORE of all people to secure it.
    hope so.. we need him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Love everyone crying about the Jags penatlties, when they only had six today for 98 yards. Two blatant ass DPI account for 80 of those yards.
    even jags players didnt not complain about those pass interference penalties because it was so flagrant.. haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh looks pats to the superbowl again /yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The Pats aren't going to not be in the SB every year. I don't know why anyone thinks they won't. Belichick runs a tight ship and he could turn the Browns into a Super Bowl titan if he wanted to.
    Belichick used to coach the Browns. Granted, it was the Browns that became the Ravens and not the current franchise, but they still sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sure, if he struck gold with a Hall of Fame QB in the 6th round.
    Brady is above average, maybe great on his good days. He has a team around him that could carry a second-string college QB to a Super Bowl.

Gilmore's play was so amazing. I screamed myself horse in an instant.

We're back! the legacy continues. Brady, the greatest of all time. All time.

Most of these NE fans don't even know that the Pats first two Super Bowl teams weren't in the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    hope so.. we need him

- - - Updated - - -

even jags players didnt not complain about those pass interference penalties because it was so flagrant.. haters gonna hate
    Exactly, none of them protested any of those calls. They are a young, undisciplined team and it showed. They played an incredible game, but eventually their youth showed up and costed them. The Patriots are one of the most well coached and disciplined teams in the league. Quoting the discrepancy in penalties is just bullshit hating because you're comparing a very young team to a team of champions who are coached incredibly well.

Brady is above average, maybe great on his good days. He has a team around him that could carry a second-string college QB to a Super Bowl.
    I get where you're going in that Belichick is probably most responsible for their success--and I do agree.

But you're reaching a lot here. Don't be some football hipster and say dumb shit like this.

Said nobody who has ever heard of football. Brady is a huge reason this team is so great. Him and Bill. The offense is made up of a lot of guys other teams don't want. They always have been. The defense is usually pretty stout, but with several injuries this year, you can't say they are really capable of carrying the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Said nobody who has ever heard of football. Brady is a huge reason this team is so great. Him and Bill. The offense is made up of a lot of guys other teams don't want. They always have been. The defense is usually pretty stout, but with several injuries this year, you can't say they are really capable of carrying the games.
    I dunno, I think Jimmy G could have done the same thing. Maybe not as good as Brady yet, but a well operated machine requires not relying on one part.

and Brady is great, btw. Saying he isnt is doing a disservice (directed toward others)

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Except somebody who watches every game and has no dog in the fight, but sees the reasoning behind wins and losses. Toss Gronk out into free agency and see what happens. I bet no one wants him.

Matt Cassel pretty much *did* do the same thing. And Matt Cassel sucks.

I love that Bledsoe said he still had one or two in him if the Pats needed him. The only jersey I have ever owned was/is a Drew Bledsoe jersey. So classy and the QB I loved most before Brady. You will always be in my heart, Bledsoe.

This franchise. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I dunno, I think Jimmy G could have done the same thing. Maybe not as good as Brady yet, but a well operated machine requires not relying on one part.

and Brady is great, btw. Saying he isnt is doing a disservice.
    Jimmy G could have done similar things. I don't think he would have won this game. He's a sensational QB in his own right, I don't think he would have made all of these throws. Brady's ability to make LBs move with his eyes is second to none. That accounted for several big plays including the 3rd and 18. Jimmy could have competed for sure, but I just don't feel confident in saying that he would have won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for all the obnoxious pats fans after they inevitably win the SB.

Except somebody who watches every game and has no dog in the fight, but sees the reasoning behind wins and losses. Toss Gronk out into free agency and see what happens. I bet no one wants him.
    You named 1 player. Gronk doesn't carry the team. He was injured for the entire comeback today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Cant wait for all the obnoxious pats fans after they inevitably win the SB.
    Likewise, I can't wait for all the obnoxious pats haters after they inevitably win the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Matt Cassel pretty much *did* do the same thing. And Matt Cassel sucks.
    No, he didn't. Winning 11 regular season games is not doing the same thing Tom Brady has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

and Brady is great, btw. Saying he isnt is doing a disservice (directed toward others)
    Hating on Brady is just people being bitter about the Patriots' success, but on the other hand, we are allowed to be bitter about that. They have ruled the NFL for so damn long and ruined anything potentially exciting happening in the league, I think fans are justified in just wanting to see them get knocked off the perch. It's not like they are a particularly fun team to watch or a team that any non-local non-bandwagon fans would ever bother following.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You're delusional.
    I could QB for the Pats and win at least one game during the season. That's how stacked the team is. Any NFL-level QB would be creaming their shorts to get that chance. Kaepernick could even win the Super Bowl on that team.