How long til Bellicheck is like "I'm too old for this shit," in re: rebuilding an entire staff every year, every time they do well for a span of 4-5 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, but Philly has a loaded WR group. No idea how they got Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffrey, but they did. Aghalor stopped dropping balls, and then there's still three starting caliber tight ends. Philly has way too many targets to say "yeah, but just keep X covered".
    But if there is coverage talent sitting on the bench unused people are right to speculate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    How long til Bellicheck is like "I'm too old for this shit," in re: rebuilding an entire staff every year, every time they do well for a span of 4-5 years?
    I feel that move is coming real fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly enough i think Belichick will embrace this challenge, yes Both Mcdaniels and patricia are leaving but they are not impossible to replace.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh McDaniels to the Colts as their Head Coach (now officially). https://twitter.com/Colts/status/960905690335404032

OR ACTUALLY NOT.

Apparently he withdrew his name. Staying in NE.

- - - Updated - - -

"In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back."

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36780618297345

10+ Year Old Account
    People are speculating that McDaniels is promised Belichick's job once he retires, why he stayed. Probably not true, maybe, who knows. Kind of embarrassing for the Colts, who already planned a press conference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    People are speculating that McDaniels is promised Belichick's job once he retires, why he stayed. Probably not true, maybe, who knows. Kind of embarrassing for the Colts, who already planned a press conference.
    I can almost guarantee this is the plan. McDaniels knows that backing out this late means that no team will take a chance on him any time soon. He's stuck in NE wether he wants to or not now. I mean, if you are an owner, would you trust him and sign him after this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I can almost guarantee this is the plan. McDaniels knows that backing out this late means that no team will take a chance on him any time soon. He's stuck in NE wether he wants to or not now. I mean, if you are an owner, would you trust him and sign him after this?
    Absolutely.
    McDaniels is on the Pats until the end at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

He better hope the Pats never have a bad season, because with that piece of shit move no team is ever gonna touch him again. Can't really afford to get fired if he bombs this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dick move McDaniels, shame!
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    man, didnt think anyone could outdo Lane Kiffen but....there we go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the job and then say no, Belichick would be proud.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an absolutely trashy move by McDaniels. Fuck em!

Deleted
    Unlikely, but I would love to know if this implies anything about Luck's recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Unlikely, but I would love to know if this implies anything about Luck's recovery.
    "Some will say that McDaniels had concerns about the health of quarterback Andrew Luck. The more accurate reality is that McDaniels had concerns about working with owner Jim Irsay."

Mike Florio has been having a field day, he was on this story since shortly after the Superbowl (which I talked about back then too). He's talking to McDaniels himself or his agent, cause he's been spitting out stories about this since the first rumours floated. Latest article on it here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...from-patriots/

McD didn't have any guarantees and Belichick is not going anywhere. Apparently McD just didn't want to have Irsay as his boss. And honestly, can you blame him in this particular regard?

"Some will say that McDaniels had concerns about the health of quarterback Andrew Luck. The more accurate reality is that McDaniels had concerns about working with owner Jim Irsay."

Mike Florio has been having a field day, he was on this story since shortly after the Superbowl (which I talked about back then too). He's talking to McDaniels himself or his agent, cause he's been spitting out stories about this since the first rumours floated. Latest article on it here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...from-patriots/

McD didn't have any guarantees and Belichick is not going anywhere. Apparently McD just didn't want to have Irsay as his boss. And honestly, can you blame him in this particular regard?
    Oh, makes sense. Considering Irsay just became owner earlier today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    man, didnt think anyone could outdo Lane Kiffen but....there we go.
    Reminds me of what Lane Kiffin threatened Alshon Jeffrey with https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/...h-carolina-gas

Who's laughing now, Lane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Oh, makes sense. Considering Irsay just became owner earlier today.
    It was reported WEEKS ago that the Colts brought back McDaniels for a second interview specifically with Irsay there, cause McD had reservations. This is not news from today. We just got the confirmation today that McDaniels felt that second interview with Irsay there didn't quiet his doubts about the situation.

To be honest though, I also wouldn't put it past Belichick and Kraft and McD to have a nod nod wink wink agreement about all this, but in a way that doesn't mean they break the Rooney Rule. We'll find out eventually.

Yes. yes you can. He agreed verbally to the terms. It's a shitty move, and it made the Colts stop their search while their other candidates were hired by other teams.

It's a shitty thing to do, and typical of Bob Kraft, a shitty person.

It was reported WEEKS ago that the Colts brought back McDaniels for a second interview specifically with Irsay there, cause McD had reservations. This is not news from today. We just got the confirmation today that McDaniels felt that second interview with Irsay there didn't quiet his doubts about the situation.

To be honest though, I also wouldn't put it past Belichick and Kraft and McD to have a nod nod wink wink agreement about all this, but in a way that doesn't mean they break the Rooney Rule. We'll find out eventually.
    Which is why I say it shouldn't be a surprise to him, and shouldn't be left until hours before he's supposed to join the team. If he knew weeks ago, he should've backed out then and given the Colts time to figure out a new game plan, rather than sandbagging the team. The fact that it isn't news from today just makes it worse.