3+ Year Old Account

Transmogs Should Be Tied To Character, Not Items

I think they should do it similar to SWTOR's Outfit Designer, this would also allow you to switch transmog on the fly without switching gear, like, maybe switching to a more civilian transmog when you are roleplaying?

If you have a transmog mount from MoP you can achieve this very easily by simply setting up transmog sets and switching them freely. This usually isn't a huge issue for roleplayers as a lot of roleplaying has a tendency to occur in open-world places (or nearly adjacent to them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wish any character could learn any of the items transmogs regardless of class or armor type. Maybe restrict the class sets, but everything else should be fair game
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you have a transmog mount from MoP you can achieve this very easily by simply setting up transmog sets and switching them freely. This usually isn't a huge issue for roleplayers as a lot of roleplaying has a tendency to occur in open-world places (or nearly adjacent to them).
    Its more of a problem having to go through a raid or dungeon wearing a mismatched set after equipping an upgrade. It also means not having to carry around two sets of armor.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Its more of a problem having to go through a raid or dungeon wearing a mismatched set after equipping an upgrade. It also means not having to carry around two sets of armor.
    Many dungeons (and raids) have areas you can mount in. I suppose I can see something like a convenience option of a pet which functions like the transmog mount that would be nice but you're describing a very minor issue.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Many dungeons (and raids) have areas you can mount in. I suppose I can see something like a convenience option of a pet which functions like the transmog mount that would be nice but you're describing a very minor issue.
    No, i mean, instead of transmogs, we should have an outfit designer, with multiple outfits that don't change regardless of what gear you have on. True, it is a minor thing, and I don't want it to be focused on above more important stuff like gameplay feature, but i think it would be better that way.

at that point why even put gear in the game. just have bosses drop stats and sell costumes.

I'd love it if that were the case, but I can't see the current system being dropped since it functions as a gold sink. Spending 500g to change your look adds up, especially if you're like me and try out a dozen different outfits every time you pick up a new pretty item.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman84 View Post
    at that point why even put gear in the game. just have bosses drop stats and sell costumes.
    Relax. They're just asking for cosmetic/layered armour slots instead of having your character's appearance tied to their equipped gear's transmog. You'd still need to earn the gear.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    I'd love it if that were the case, but I can't see the current system being dropped since it functions as a gold sink. Spending 500g to change your look adds up, especially if you're like me and try out a dozen different outfits every time you pick up a new pretty item.

Relax. They're just asking for cosmetic/layered armour slots instead of having your character's appearance tied to their equipped gear's transmog. You'd still need to earn the gear.
    Yeah, that is pretty much what I am asking for. You still have to earn the gear/ transmog appearance, this will just mean you don't have to reapply your transmog to a better item.

Yeah, TOR’s outfit system was amazing for its RP value and on the fly outfit swapping!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It really would be nice if you could change outfits anywhere without the need of the yak. I hate the yak.

3+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR does two things really well: Player housing and transmog. There is so much you can do with both of those. Housing gives you numerous locations to place items around your house and you can further manipulate their orientation from there. Transmog has, as you said the wardrobe system that allows you to switch outfits on the fly, as well as a really cool armor tinting mechanic.

The gameplay has got some issues but the RP potential is phenomenal! Last I played they had a fantastic community of roleplayers as well, both walk up and guild based. It's a really cool game that really just needs an updated engine to be competitive again.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-20 at 09:42 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    SWTOR does two things really well: Player housing and transmog. There is so much you can do with both of those. Housing gives you numerous locations to place items around your house and you can further manipulate their orientation from there. Transmog has, as you said the wardrobe system that allows you to switch outfits on the fly, as well as a really cool armor tinting mechanic.

The gameplay has got some issues but the RP potential is phenomenal! Last I played they had a fantastic community of roleplayers as well, both walk up and guild based. It's a really cool game that really just needs an updated engine to be competitive again.
    The only thing missing from SWTOR in terms of roleplaying is an outfit designer for your weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree, esspecially when we use systems like legiondaries, azerite or corruption. Where i have to xmog like 3-4 different sets when i change my xmog.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was more like Diablo 3's Xmog system. Any items that drop, even those that are specific for another class are unlocked, even the
    ones that can only be used by that class.

Because no one ever, has said they enjoy the RNG of doing a xmog run and getting nothing you can "unlock" for the class you're playing as,
    but when you shift onto the one that can, that item won't drop for you to unlock for weeks or months on end.

Yes, completely agree, that would be better. Not a huge deal as you can just use addons though.

You can transmog indoors with the engineering item Deployable Attire Rearranger