Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Alright I think I added everyone so far. @PhaelixWW you need to pick CLE vs. BOS still.
    Yeah, I've been wrestling with this one. I'm going to go with my heart, though, not my mind, and pick Boston in 7.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Added.

What do you mean your heart? Your location says California. Is Boston somehow your home team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Added.

What do you mean your heart? Your location says California. Is Boston somehow your home team?
    No, the Warriors are my home team. I just mean that I want the Celtics to beat the Cavs, partly because I'm not a LeBron fan, and party because I don't want to see yet another Warriors/Cavs Finals again.

But my mind is telling me that LeBron will probably pull some shit out of his ass in order to win the series. I just don't want that to happen.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Gsw 5
    Cle 6

Alright I think everyone is added. Not sure.

Today at 3:30 PM on ABC is CLE @ BOS. Definitely going to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good start for the Celtics, but kind of lucky too. Cavs missing some open shots. They'll start making those sooner then later and then this is a much closer game.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Good start for the Celtics, but kind of lucky too. Cavs missing some open shots. They'll start making those sooner then later and then this is a much closer game.
    Lebron James is looking mighty passive in this first quarter though.

...........There's like 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter and CLE is down 25. BOS is up 58-33.

You guys think it's too late for me to change my prediction of CLE in 4?

- - - Updated - - -

BOS up by 26 (61-35) at halftime.

Well this is playing out about as well as I expected for Cleveland. Like I said, you're not gonna shoot 60% every night, and eventually 'Bron's supporting cast is going to dry up again.

Cleveland is one of the worst defensive teams I've ever seen. They mess up very basic things on defense almost every possession. The Toronto series seemed to make everyone forget that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    and eventually 'Bron's supporting cast is going to dry up again.
    And eventually the shots start dropping again. This was never really a 28 point difference between the teams. Celtics should still be able to easily close this out in the 4th, but if it gets under 10, watch out for Lebron to turn on the heat.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland never got closer than the end of the 3rd quarter. Still, doesn't matter if you win by just 1 point or 25 like tonight, still only counts for 1 game win.

Celtics did what they needed to do, came out and hit Cleveland in the mouth. Next up Tuesday, proving this wasn't an accident.

..........I was the only loser to pick Cleveland in 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back, the Bucks were pretty damn good and Khris Middleton gave the Celtics more problems than anyone else this playoffs. Seriously wondering how far that Bucks team would have gotten had they not ended up playing the Celtics. Even minor changes in the last 2 games of the regular season might have totally changed the playoff out comes. Pretty crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=lCeAy6CqbMQ

Lebron Solo: A Cavaliers Story.

Anyway, holy crap. The first real stinker for Lebron. We'll see if this is a trend next game. There is some precedent for this - last year in game 3 against Boston Lebron had 11 - but that was a letdown game after the Cavs beat the living crap out of the Celtics in game 2. This didn't look good.
    He said after the game that he is unconcerned and that this was a feel out game.

This kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda worries me. I can easily imagine Lebron taking this first game, watching what all the Celtics threw at him and then finding the perfect way to attack the Celtics in game 2 and going to Cleveland 1-1, easily on track to finish the Celtics in 6 by just holding serve at home.

But then I remember that the Cavs were just BAD defensively and are likely not going to improve in that area and I can rest somewhat easier again.

In the end I think it matters more what kind of intensity the Celtics come out with after this blow out. They are young, and against the Sixers they had a win and then followed that up with a dreadful first half where they had to come back from 20 down. I'm hoping that taught them a lesson and will make them heed Stevens call and come back in game 2 with the same effort and focus.

If they do, this series should end in Celtics favour.

15+ Year Old Account
    I took those remarks more as an embarassed Lebron that realized this Celtics team this year is a lot different than last year's Celtics team he played in the ECF. He was very defensive in his post game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    He was very defensive in his post game.
    Too bad he and his teammates weren't more defensive in the ACTUAL game. Eh? EH??

I'll see myself out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Too bad he and his teammates weren't more defensive in the ACTUAL game. Eh? EH??

I'll see myself out.
    Ha. I'll admit, I chuckled.

Tonight:
    GSW @ HOU. 9 PM. TNT.

I think we all want Houston to win a game, just to see some extra games (and hope that GSW isn't going to roll over everyone). So....GO HOUSTON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lloyd Pierce, former Sixers assistant, named the new Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks.

Tonight:
    GSW @ HOU. 9 PM. TNT.

I think we all want Houston to win a game, just to see some extra games (and hope that GSW isn't going to roll over everyone). So....GO HOUSTON.
    I so badly want this series to go to 7. This is likely the most entertaining series we will get all Playoffs.