Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    They could all use a good knockdown when they pull shit like that.

Yep, I'm totally jealous of him acting like a complete twat. You got me.
    Pull shit like what? You're waaaaaay overreacting. All he did was play to the home crowd in celebration of his amazing shot. It's not like he was even taunting anybody on the other team.

If you're feeling angry enough to incite violence over that, you need to rethink some personal choices and get help.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Those parts. It was Thompson's 3rd foul, not his 6th. He got thrown out because it was ruled a Flagrant 2, which was kind of a weird call for what appeared to happen. Technically the shoving the ball in Draymond's face did absolutely nothing because he was already ejected. Klay wasn't ejected, he appeared to head in early to get treatment for that injury he received earlier.

Either way, none of these events had any impact on the result of the game. It was just a really really long 2.6 seconds because the refs were a bit too aggressive with a weird call on Thompson.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh then yeah I was wrong. I guess I got confused, because the announcers kept saying weird things that threw me off....

Steph making a pose after that shot was perfectly fine. It wasn't even that smug. Draymond was being a bit smug throughout the game though...which is fine, but I can understand why the Cavs players would get frustrated after hearing him talk shit all night long.

- - - Updated - - -

Next game isn't til Sunday. They're spacing it out well.

Honestly I want more games like this, I hope this series doesn't get settled in 4. I'm really rooting for you CLE in 7 predictions.

Btw Lebron got completely fucked up last night. He's been playing hard all playoffs long, Draymond fucked his face and eye up last night, and he took body contact all night long (especially that """block"""). I don't think he can consistently put up those numbers.

Cleveland isn't bad, but if their role players could hit open shots from the plays that get setup for them, they'd have easily won. GSW was kept down last night, half because they just missed a few, and also because defense was decent. I don't see either of those keeping up throughout the series...

- - - Updated - - -

@icedwarrior showed me this OMEGALUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Steph making a pose after that shot was perfectly fine. It wasn't even that smug. Draymond was being a bit smug throughout the game though...which is fine, but I can understand why the Cavs players would get frustrated after hearing him talk shit all night long.
    Draymond plays with a chip on his shoulder. I can definitely understand why some people are turned off by his attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, though, I don't know why JR Smith didn't just admit to the press that he thought they were up by one instead of trying to claim that he knew they were tied. He put his teammates in the uncomfortable position of either telling the press that he's lying, or standing by him and having to weather the press' attempts to get them to justify his decisions.

Which is ultimately why LeBron stormed out of his press interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, were I LeBron, JR Smith would be propping up a bus right now. I think everyone would forgive him for not backing up his teammate in this instance.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

LUL Racthoh you need to post more if you see any.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh then yeah I was wrong. I guess I got confused, because the announcers kept saying weird things that threw me off....
    Yeeaaaahhh... they were kind of all over the place with just saying shit in the finals minutes. I really hate the combination of Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson for analysis. They often have such bad takes, not even pertaining to the game, that they just feel the need to say. They also both seem to desperately try to make whatever they are talking about pertain to their own previous careers (Jackson with his playing, and Gundy with his coaching).

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Draymond plays with a chip on his shoulder. I can definitely understand why some people are turned off by his attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, though, I don't know why JR Smith didn't just admit to the press that he thought they were up by one instead of trying to claim that he knew they were tied. He put his teammates in the uncomfortable position of either telling the press that he's lying, or standing by him and having to weather the press' attempts to get them to justify his decisions.

Which is ultimately why LeBron stormed out of his press interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, were I LeBron, JR Smith would be propping up a bus right now. I think everyone would forgive him for not backing up his teammate in this instance.
    JR is far from perfect, but he plays his ass off and does a lot of dirty work so nobody else has to. Since they let delly walk because they didn't think he was worth $3,000,000/yr, JR is the only guy on the team (who gets minutes) who can do that dirty work. He takes a beating every game and can't hit shit some nights, but he can deal with ball pressure and bring the ball up, he can get his shot, he's a willing passer and he'll happily try to guard 1-5 with the same intensity all game

i guarantee you LBJ isn't mad at him, in the heat of the moment it sucked and i'm sure JR would agree, but it's not the end of the world. the bad calls that all went against the cavs at the end of regulation is what really sticks with you. a mental mistake is easily gotten over

JR gives everything he's got and if they can't find a better starting SG to put on the floor, it's not his fault

Cavs got robbed. Here's the what I remember from the late 4th quarter bull shit.
    1. Kevin Durant gets ball stripped cleanly, Cavs called for a foul.
    2. Lebron scores in the paint, a lot of contact, should have been an And-1, no call.
    3. The Lebron charge, block fiasco.
    4. Make one free throw to win the game, miss.
    5. JR Smith
    6. Lebron trying to call timeout, gets ignored by ref.

----

I just want to also say that Jordan Clarkson was hot garbage, everytime he touched the ball it was a brick or a turnover.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope JR is doing alright. Being the one that looks responsible for a loss can get you a lot of social media and IRL shit. Even though in basketball it typically isnt so bad since its a series unless you're about to be eliminated.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, JR should have just told the truth; it would have been less embarrassing than the obvious lie.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Cavs got robbed. Here's the what I remember from the late 4th quarter bull shit.
    1. Kevin Durant gets ball stripped cleanly, Cavs called for a foul.
    2. Lebron scores in the paint, a lot of contact, should have been an And-1, no call.
    3. The Lebron charge, block fiasco.
    4. Make one free throw to win the game, miss.
    5. JR Smith
    6. Lebron trying to call timeout, gets ignored by ref.

----

I just want to also say that Jordan Clarkson was hot garbage, everytime he touched the ball it was a brick or a turnover.
    Claiming the Cavs got robbed is nonsense. Every time an NBA game is close people cry conspiracy. If the NBA really wanted a team to win yesterday it would've been the Cavs in order to make this series more compelling. The Cavs cost themselves that game and nothing else. George Hill makes his FTs and the Cavs most likely win. JR made two MASSIVE bonehead plays, the obvious one at the end of the game, and the other trying to go for a steal with 3 seconds to go in the first half and whiffing leaving Steph with a wide open 3 at the buzzer to tie the game. The reffing in that game was absolutely fine, complaining about it costing the Cavs the game is a complete cop out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Claiming the Cavs got robbed is nonsense. Every time an NBA game is close people cry conspiracy. If the NBA really wanted a team to win yesterday it would've been the Cavs in order to make this series more compelling. The Cavs cost themselves that game and nothing else. George Hill makes his FTs and the Cavs most likely win. JR made two MASSIVE bonehead plays, the obvious one at the end of the game, and the other trying to go for a steal with 3 seconds to go in the first half and whiffing leaving Steph with a wide open 3 at the buzzer to tie the game. The reffing in that game was absolutely fine, complaining about it costing the Cavs the game is a complete cop out.
    Refs ignoring a timeout request and calling a charge a block in on them tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    The reffing in that game was absolutely fine? You're out of your damn mind. You know the Cavs hurting themselves and the refs sucking can both be true?
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    The reffing in that game was absolutely fine? You're out of your damn mind. You know the Cavs hurting themselves and the refs sucking can both be true?
    Yes, reffing was fine. There was a few missed calls both ways, rest of the game it was called very consistent with how its been called all playoffs. Again, the conspiracy theories of refs trying to screw teams over is just absurd at this point, every game now people claim the refs screwed over the losing team. Cavs shot themselves in the foot multiple times, thinking anything else is nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Refs ignoring a timeout request and calling a charge a block in on them tho...
    Jesus. This whole revisionist history thing gets old. People need to actually rewatch the footage.

You can watch LeBron's antics between the 10 and 15 second marks of this clip:

He was gesticulating wildly, imploring JR Smith to either pass him the ball, or pass to the corner. He makes one, extremely fast motion for a timeout, which is easy to get lost in his overall movements if you're not watching him specifically, with less than a second left to go. The only ref over there was watching the ball head towards the corner and wasn't going to be able to see such a tiny, non-repeated time-out motion that lasted for a quarter of a second enough to call said time-out, let alone ignore it.

Trying to imply that the refs saw it and ignored it is just plain wrong. After all, I don't see any evidence that LeBron himself thinks that the refs ignored him, do you?

And that earlier play was a block, not a charge. They got the call right in the end. Lebron is not just moving into position at the end of that play, he's turning his shoulder into KD at the same time. Incidental movement is allowed, as long as 1) the defender gets to the spot first, and 2) it's a legal defensive position. It was neither of those, though it was close.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched it just fine but I don't participate in this thread to argue much.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Like I said, JR should have just told the truth; it would have been less embarrassing than the obvious lie.
    A horrible lie.

If the goal was to call a timeout, we would've done so immediately after he rebounded. It's obvious he thought they were leading by at least one and was trying to draw the clock out.

I felt sorry for him at first but he's a shitty liar. Fucked up Bron's great game and what should've been a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also as an FYI, the Cavs take most of the blame. Awareness issues everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Besides the obvious easy layup JR could have had himself. This diagram shows that he didn't know the score.

His argument for thinking it was tied was waiting for a timeout?? Passing to LeBron right here is better than any play you are going to get coming from an inbound where the Warriors can go back to 1-on-1 or maybe even force a quick turnover. There was no reason to call a timeout because the best player on your team was in position for a wide open game winner.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-06-02 at 05:11 AM.