Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
    7.3.5 next week + beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    7.3.5 next week + beta?
    7.3.5 is either next week or the following one only because of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj World Event. I don't believe Blizzard would make changes for an event an year ahead (unless there was some last minutes changes to the release planning).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, beta today

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    No, beta today
    Another 7.3.5 build is more likely.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I don't think 7.3.5 will come *with* LFR wing4, as the events of 7.3.5 take place after the end of Antorus in the timeline, so its more likely it'll be post Jan 16th. Which means Jan 23rd or any week after this until BfA drops.

The new build releases over the next few days, if we get any, will tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I don't think 7.3.5 will come *with* LFR wing4, as the events of 7.3.5 take place after the end of Antorus in the timeline, so its more likely it'll be post Jan 16th. Which means Jan 23rd or any week after this until BfA drops.

The new build releases over the next few days, if we get any, will tell us more.
    Really depends on if they want to have it up for CotS or TW:N.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post

They can just gate the post Antorus content and only have the leveling stuff and AQ active from the start. You can always stagger part of the content, but you can't go back in time to make the AQ parts in any way relevant after that micro holiday has passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I said and I would repeat it now. I fail to understand your point. The second screen looks like it came from a mobile game and is generic. I guess I had to use all of the applicable adjectives (like, I don't know, low effort / undetailed / bland / shallow / etc) to avoid this "comeback".

My point stands - next time you want to knee-jerk, look into what is being discussed. Stopping at the nick just makes you post nonsense that looks silly after.
    Get over yourself, I "knee-jerk" because of stupid arguments, not because of who's posting. But if you're this self aware, maybe there are some things to re-consider in your life and thought processes.

Also the original splash was better and had more flavor. If anything is generic, the new one is. Not the old one.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-01-11 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    They can just gate the post Antorus content and only have the leveling stuff and AQ active from the start. You can always stagger part of the content, but you can't go back in time to make the AQ parts in any way relevant after that micro holiday has passed.
    Its certainly possible they could drop 7.3.5 on Tuesday, with a big fanfare about the new leveling features and have the new silithus stuff phased out until the person kills Argus. Or just a week later (whether they killed Argus or not) they get a quest popup to go to Silithus and are phased into new content.

The sooner we get the patch the better imo, although I'm only really interested in leveling an allied race, so the rest of the patch is moot to me without pre-orders and allied race access.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I like the old one better.

But it's sad to know that you need to reassure yourself.
    Me too. Besides, they didn't even change the style. They just removed/changed some pieces and changed the perspective a little.

The ships are even completely unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Me too. Besides, they didn't even change the style. They just removed/changed some pieces and changed the perspective a little.

The ships are even completely unchanged.
    They added generic palm trees.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lRemedyl View Post
    Can someone bring the ban hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I like the old one better.

But it's sad to know that you need to reassure yourself.
    It's completely fine by me if you like the old screen better. Not sure why you thought that was some kind of a "you are wrong".

The "miles better" that I said regarding the new screen is objective and not about art. It's about the level of detail and effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Get over yourself, I "knee-jerk" because of stupid arguments, not because of who's posting. But if you're this self aware, maybe there are some things to re-consider in your life and thought processes.

Also the original splash was better and had more flavor. If anything is generic, the new one is. Not the old one.
    You and several others knee-jerk because of arguments that criticize vs praise and because of who's posting. I said already that I even did an experiment on that. I could switch the screens and you would go that the second (switched to be first) one was better if you didn't remember them well. Simply because you want to counter what you perceive to be "whining".
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-11 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia-Blizz View Post
    7.3.5 is either next week or the following one only because of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj World Event. I don't believe Blizzard would make changes for an event an year ahead (unless there was some last minutes changes to the release planning).
    Well, I mean, 7.3.5 requires them to focus on Silithus, adding more quests and assets there. Changes that'll impact zone so much, they need to redo the holiday.

It kind of makes sense to do those changes to the holiday, while you are redoing the zone in question. Rather than return to make those changes when they are focusing on Ny'alotha in BfA or something. Just makes sense to me to make the changes to the Holiday, while you are rebuilding the zone it takes place in. Regardless of if it'll be experienced this year.

Not saying it absolutely won't come out before the Call of the Scarab holiday. Just saying that the changes to the holiday may not be such a huge indicator of it, as it makes sense for them to have done those regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but, what's the point of upgrading this micro holiday if the patch is out after, when they could have updated it in patch 8.0 or 8.1 etc ?

(Edit : well, they can push an hotfix to apply the change before the start of the microholiday maybe ?)
    Last edited by Valysar; 2018-01-11 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post

(Edit : well, they can push an hotfix to apply the change before the start of the microholiday maybe ?)
    New models require client update, they can't just hotfix them in.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    New models require client update, they can't just hotfix them in.
    They could probably do them seperately in a small 7.3.3 patch, though.

Though i doubt they care all that much. They're probably doing it now because they're working on Silithus anyway, and doing it now would be less extra work than making the changes solely for the micro-holiday seperately at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They could probably do them seperately in a small 7.3.3 patch, though.
    It would be easier to release 7.3.5 and do 7.3.5a with the rest.
    I mean, silithus is done, bg is done, world scaling is done(?), Ulduar TW is done. Allied races require BfA anyway so they got time to work on them. Is there anything else unfinished that needs to be finished in 7.3.5?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I don't see it, but it was there before...
    Just confirmed it wasn't removed. The wowhead modelviewer is outdated.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...