Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Anyone doing alliance questing can you confirm if

“In all seriousness, you should check out some of the stuff the Kul Tirans are doing too. One of the intro quests involves a Kul Tiran setting flames to villages while yelling "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS CIVILIANS!" and another where they're just executing Zandalari civilians and laughing while they do it“

Is true

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762296478
    I've done both of the Alliance in Zandalar quests that were available and there was none of that. One is Brann and you traveling through a bog then getting stuck with Blood Troll problems, the other one was just freeing Dark Iron troops and then having them deal with Horde troops.

The Intro quests to the actual zones have nothing to do with the Horde.

If you find out any specifics I would happily try to find it and take a look at it. I haven't seen any KT or Alliance on Zandalar except for a giant shipwreck on Zuldazar and the base in Nazmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I bet everyone is going to want to use that new cloak model. Going to see it everywhere.
    Doubt it, right now it's not that different from what we have on live realms, it uses the same animations, it's just shaped a bit differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Anyone doing alliance questing can you confirm if

“In all seriousness, you should check out some of the stuff the Kul Tirans are doing too. One of the intro quests involves a Kul Tiran setting flames to villages while yelling "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS CIVILIANS!" and another where they're just executing Zandalari civilians and laughing while they do it“

Is true

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762296478
    I haven't experienced any of this. There are quests I wasn't able to do due to bugs, so I guess it's still possible, but none of the intro quests I've done had anything to do with that.

Yes... Which is the whole point. You can have 5000 identical cloaks, or the new finally unique shape. This is pretty damn massive
    Eh? IMHO, getting uniquely shaped cloak is not enough, they should update its animations as well because right now it looks choppy. As I said in another thread, hopefully, it's still WIP, and they'll update other things as well.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-29 at 08:13 AM.

I bet everyone is going to want to use that new cloak model. Going to see it everywhere.
    What cloak model?

I didn't say it was good, just that it'd be the most transmog'd/used. I can name a bunch of ways they could've done it better, but that's beside the point: Being unique and an artistic innovation in WoW would suffice. If they made an obtainable coat, for example, it'd catch on like wildfire on the RP servers solely because it's a coat --- regardless of how good that coat is compared to the NPC stuff
    Just being a nicely shaped cloak is not enough. The moment it's just available in one color it becomes useless when all your sets are nowhere near blue.. heck most of the time I'm annoyed because a blue cloak is not the right kind of blue when my set is a blue one.

Btw, has it been confirmed by now? I get the feeling it's just some dude that hacked something together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I want them to be cross class... I'd love to give a Blood Elf Outlaw Rogue Felo'melorn the Fire Mage Sword. Or a Belfadin. Or the Rocket hammer from Holydin to an Engineer Nelf Warrior.

Unholy dk with corrupted Ashbringer? Yes, please!
    My Blood DK is running with corrupted Ashbringer since MoP.

I want them to be cross class... I'd love to give a Blood Elf Outlaw Rogue Felo'melorn the Fire Mage Sword. Or a Belfadin. Or the Rocket hammer from Holydin to an Engineer Nelf Warrior.

I'd love be able to mog Thunderfurry on my DH, but it'd feel odd seeing a survival hunter with the Ashbringer for example

7+ Year Old Account
    now just give me long flowing scarfs for capes and ill be happy.

I'd bet ya that it is! And I'd personally not put my cloak in the same color scheme as my gear, that's just odd. When do you see NPCs do that? Usually the hood+cloak look is something added on top of separate gear. Like Dwarf riflemen, for example, their cloak is green but nothing else about their gear is green.

Anywho, the new cloak thing is just a mesh so far, apparently, it hasn't got a texture added to it yet.
    I usually go with the ones that are intended for the set, they usually have at least the pseudo-metal parts in the same color as the other pieces or share similar patterns. Just putting on a random colored cloak looks out of place. It needs to have some fitting characteristics with the other pieces to fit in,not everything, but some. Your dwarf works, because it's both rather "earthy" colors I guess and both the armor and the cloak are extremely simple. Doing that with the average power ranger armor we have today looks just odd.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-03-29 at 10:08 AM.

The cloak looks so good. Yeeeeeeeeees. So happy to see they can make some cool ass cloaks and shit now that’s awesome.

These cloaks are Alliance bias.

Cloak is in and my hope just increased for coats usable by players that they added and not only npcs.

The cloaks and trenchcoats are finally something I can call "Alliance bias", lol.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Apparently you can transmog your artifact weapons appearance cross spec in current Alpha build. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ross/?sort=new
    i wish they keep with this, want to use the doomhamer on my elemental shaman

fucking those restrictions
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-03-29 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted

What about no?

Also DK with corrupted ashbringer is already a reality...:mumble:

I am sure they wouldn't just make something like that Alliance exclusive. I bet it's just the first taste of a new series of interesting cloaks!
    They need to make an another mesh with spikes for the Horde cloak.

I am sure they wouldn't just make something like that Alliance exclusive. I bet it's just the first taste of a new series of interesting cloaks!
    I was joking around. I bet they'll reuse the model, it's too good not to. But I'm glad there's finally something (as minor as it is) for me to look for in BfA. I can already see it incorporated in my hunter mogs (and I'm hoping the cloak is not plate-only, like the rest of the set...)
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i think that we still need 2 raids, voldun, war campaings and more dungeons. and of course, world quest, the burning of teldrassil and siege of lordaeron.
    and also, warfronts arathi and barrens.
    Raids might not be tested during Alpha as I don't think Alpha will be Alpha for much longer, at most a few more weeks, and raid testing can be done quite late as always, they'll just focus on Uldir and the rest will probably be tested in a small PTR testing cycle similar to ToV.

Battle for Azeroth :
    1. Alpha on 07/02/2018
    2. Going by Legion the beta would land on 29/06/2018*
    3. Prepatch (the maximum theoretical date if going by the average 2 week prepatch) on 05/09/2018
    4. Launch (the maximum theoretical launch date as advertised) on 21/09/2018
    = Battle for Azeorth testing cycle at most is 209 days (Alpha to Prepatch).
    (*) Artifacts and class reworks were huge in Legion so alpha was extremely long compared to the past, I personally think Beta, Prepatch and Launch will mirror Legion within a week of those dates, so my prediction is Beta early May, Prepatch in July/August, Launch in August).

Legion:
    1. Alpha on 23/11/2015
    2. Beta on 13/05/2016 (after 172 days of Alpha)
    3. Prepatch on 19/07/2016 (after 67 days of Beta)
    4. Launch on 30/08/2016 (after 42 days of Prepatch)
    = Legion testing cycle was +- 239 days (Alpha to Prepatch)).
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-03-29 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    (*) Artifacts and class reworks were huge in Legion so alpha was extremely long compared to the past, I personally think Beta, Prepatch and Launch will mirror Legion within a week of those dates, so my prediction is Alpha early May, Prepatch in July/August, Launch in August).
    IIRC, we didn't even have all specs at this time in Legion testing.