7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The way I see it, Elune could be a secondary conscience of Azeroth, a defense mechanism, a part that's awake while the Titan sleeps and protects her. And she would be "installed" in these two massive Titan facilities: the moons. Apart from her influence on the natives of Azeroth, as she would have sent messages that the night elves interpreted the voice of a goddess, she would have some inert defenses that could aid us in the upcoming battle against the Void.

Similarly to how our Moon shields Earth from asteroids, these two would have been hit a few times by the Legion and the Void, perhaps one of them could even have an Old God that never made it to the surface of the planet. As a result, the Watchers of these satellites would have gone through a similar process as the Vrykul. Alien wildlife would have also populated them, possibly even some intelligent humanoid aliens who, after centuries of being stuck in there, lost the advanced knowledge that once allowed them to get there and became native tribal societies.

I've always found the idea of a hostile environment producing strong and resilient creatures to the point of them being a threat to heroes who have dealt with demigods interesting. The Timeless Isle and Draenor were that, and thematically they were great. Having this incredibly harsh place inhabited by powerful creatures and full of secret Titan technology right above our heads is a fascinating idea to me.
    The issue is that from Legion we learn that Elune created the Naaru, meaning she probably pre-dates azeroth and maybe the titans.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    So where are we getting the troll/Zandalar info from? Datamining?
    See frontpage, Blizzard filtered out Zandalari and Kul Tiras stuff, implying they're trying to hide something relating to those two things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    So where are we getting the troll/Zandalar info from? Datamining?

Check frontpage of mmoc
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Similarly to how our Moon shields Earth from asteroids, ...
    Erm.

Let's say you are in a snowstorm, holding a tennis ball. To protect the tennis ball from snowflakes you have a marble a meter or two away rolling around the tennis ball. That's roughly how much protection from asteroids you get from the Moon. (I am not sure I would call that a shield.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    See frontpage, Blizzard filtered out Zandalari and Kul Tiras stuff, implying they're trying to hide something relating to those two things.
    So there might be something in the data that hasn't been found out yet?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    "There is more story after Antorus - a "small patch or two."

Alleria and Turalyon go back home?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Erm.

Let's say you are in a snowstorm, holding a tennis ball. To protect the tennis ball from snowflakes you have a marble a meter or two away rolling around the tennis ball. That's roughly how much protection from asteroids you get from the Moon. (I am not sure I would call that a shield.)
    Earth, Moon and asteroids have bit more gravity than a tennis ball, marble and snowflakes. Not to mention that Space is vacuum, where gravity is practically only force guiding the objects.

Moon can very well protect Earth from hits. Either by luring in the asteroids or disrupting their trajectories enough to pass us by. Though Jupiter propably has the biggest part in herding the asteroid belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Just me who thinks that they put in the Kul'tiras stuff and the intentionally remove those files along with some "troll" related files to send a message?

"About that Kul'tiras stuff... we were just trolling!"
    Creating an armor set just for shits and giggles? Nah... don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Oooooooooooooh! That's much stronger evidence than I thought. I think a Sea/Ocean/Archipelago expansion is almost certain now.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Erm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Earth, Moon and asteroids have bit more gravity than a tennis ball, marble and snowflakes. Not to mention that Space is vacuum, where gravity is practically only force guiding the objects.

Moon can very well protect Earth from hits. Either by luring in the asteroids or disrupting their trajectories enough to pass us by. Though Jupiter propably has the biggest part in herding the asteroid belt.
    It was more of a symbolic comparison, not a statement on the effectiveness of the Moon as a shield. But judging by the size of some of its craters, the Moon has taken a couple big bullets for us over the course of its existence.

In any case, the idea was that these two entities orbiting a world soul could be at the same a part of it and its guardian. The Titans shaped mountains and rivers to make Azeroth flourish, it shouldn't be accidental or irrelevant that they placed these two satellites.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Creating an armor set just for shits and giggles? Nah... don't think so.
    The set could be renamed "cloth_quest_jainadreadlord_expansion" at any point. Its design doesn't say Kul Tiras, its name does. It could be added to 7.3.5 as a reward and it wouldn't look out of place.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-08-25 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

I will make it brutally simple.

The earth is E, the moon is M, the asteroid is A. Suppose A is going towards E.

If the trajectory is in the plane that roughly coincides with the plane containing the moon orbit what matters is where the moon is when the asteroid nears its orbit. If, when the asteroid gets close, the configuration is something like this:

...... E ....... M <---- A (whee!)

...then the moon takes the hit. There is some leeway because of gravity, the moon does not have to be exactly on the path, but you'd be surprised how quickly the gravity from the Earth overtakes, the sector in which the moon shields is not very wide (30 degrees?).

But that's not all. If at the moment the asteroid gets close to the orbit of the moon, the configuration is this:

M ...... E ....... <----- A (woohoo!)

...then the Moon helps make the asteroid deadlier. And no, in this configuration, the gravity from the Moon does not matter, because the Earth is not simply heavier (this almost doesn't matter), but also much closer to the asteroid and the proportion to the square of the distance is no joke, it erases all influence from far objects very quickly.

So, the Moon overtakes or dissuades from the Earth about as many asteroids as it manages to attract to it, because all directions are equal.

And that all is solely when talking about asteroids that arrive neatly in the plane where the Moon orbit is, not from "above" or from "below".

There is no shield. Forget it.

- - - Updated - - -

It was more of a symbolic comparison, not a statement on the effectiveness of the Moon as a shield.
    I get it. Just had a bit of time.

What has this thread become?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    COmpletely useless since any form of information is gone;

7.3 barely has anything new hint wise
    Gamescom had, as expected nothing

So this topic is nearly useless until new info pops up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    a memefest.

this thread needs some avatar the last airbender/legend of korra gifs.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It's usually within 2 weeks.
    This is 14 days, so i'm still right ;D ;D ;D kkkkk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So this topic is nearly useless until new info pops up
    so, why are you here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Check frontpage of mmoc
    :O South Seas HYPE INTENSIFIES

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    so, why are you here?
    Why are WE still here? Just to suffer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    This is 14 days, so i'm still right ;D ;D ;D kkkkk
    Iirc average is like 10 from the day previous patch goes live.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapis View Post
    Why are WE still here? Just to suffer...
    or because something interesting always happens?

Not the taylor swift mene.