Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I like how tomes were talked about like actual skills but they gave them mantras and then visually changed virtues to look like books

Lol ok anet
    It's just...I'd be slightly more understanding if this expansion came with a new class as well, like HoT did. But it's not, so... yeah : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...out_pof_elite/

Link to post about specializations with video links etc.

Fucking hell guardian looks awful. Everything about it seems uninteresting and unappealing to me, from a thematic perspective or a mechanical one (SWEET, MY VIRTUES ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AGAIN GUYS!). It feels like they save guardians for last in HoT and PoF and just use whatever leftover time they have after everyone else on guardian.

Ugh, unless they announce some shit-hot stuff about guardian I'm legit considering dumping my main, which is fucking soul-crushing for me. Especially since it means I'll have to suffer through HoT, again, on whatever alt I end up choosing as my new main...or I just won't bother with the expansion.

LE FUCKING SIGH
    Aside from spending maybe an hour or two running around grabbing skill points (if you want the HoT elite spec for that prof), you won't have to touch HoT again if you don't want to on an alt. New story episodes don't require previous ones to be completed in order to start (xpac included), new zones can be teleported to, and masteries are account bound.

I'm definitely with you on guardian's lack of ability to do the one thing you would expect it to be good at though. It can't do the thing it's literally named for, which is kind of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Aside from spending maybe an hour or two running around grabbing skill points (if you want the HoT elite spec for that prof), you won't have to touch HoT again if you don't want to on an alt. New story episodes don't require previous ones to be completed in order to start (xpac included), new zones can be teleported to, and masteries are account bound.

I'm definitely with you on guardian's lack of ability to do the one thing you would expect it to be good at though. It can't do the thing it's literally named for, which is kind of ridiculous.
    I'll have to for my own sake. I know you can skip it, but it's also missing out on a lot of the gear rewards as well, and my alts sorely need those.

And yeah, the guardian is a fucking disaster of a class at this point, IMO. I can't speak to its performance in high end play or anything, but thematically it's a fucking mess, and it's never delivered on the initial direction the class was taking. It's so insanely frustrating.

I'll have to for my own sake. I know you can skip it, but it's also missing out on a lot of the gear rewards as well, and my alts sorely need those.

And yeah, the guardian is a fucking disaster of a class at this point, IMO. I can't speak to its performance in high end play or anything, but thematically it's a fucking mess, and it's never delivered on the initial direction the class was taking. It's so insanely frustrating.
    Let's not forget spirits have been garbage since launch with them hardly touching the things.

Anet is pretty lazy imo on things that count
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Let's not forget spirits have been garbage since launch with them hardly touching the things.

Anet is pretty lazy imo on things that count
    Those are the spirit weapons, correct? If so, compeltely agreed.

Also, finally found the video I was thinking of - https://youtu.be/XxO3GSvuRTg?list=PL...b_Kl3Zz7oSTdOo

Around 25 minutes in is when he starts talking about guardians. And I agree 100% with everything he said at the time, and now. I was fine with longbow filling a gap for guardians, but the problem was there wasn't any builds that supported the core initial theme of the class. And looking to axes, they don't seem to do much in the way of filling that theme, either. Hence my current frustration/disappointment : /

Deleted
    Those are the spirit weapons, correct? If so, compeltely agreed.
    Wasn't there actually a decent build at one point that focused on at least having the sword + bow spirits active? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Anyway, yeah, Guardian looks trash. Will stick with the build I have atm. Suppose it's not their intention that *everyone* uses the new specs, but it definitely seems a bit lame in terms of the theme and mechanics..

10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/EsPf4

Rev skills. Probably the only one thats not all blurry.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I like how they gave warrior what gw1 mesmer could do but not give it to gw2 mesmer

10+ Year Old Account

Gathered with what I play of it. It's all right. Doesn't stand out but I feel it's not horrible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not even a word on new PvP or WvW maps. Or raids. Or dungeons.
    They said ages ago they aren't doing anything with dungeons and instead will be focusing on fractals. Also, PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals all have their own release schedules separate from expansions where when things are ready for them they come out. So expecting them to talk about that stuff during the expansion announcement was a bit silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    More skills.

Necromancer - Scourge.

http://imgur.com/a/iIPq6

Might actually be a solid support spec. Wonder how it works with Blood Magic and Soul Reaping.

I like how they gave warrior what gw1 mesmer could do but not give it to gw2 mesmer
    Also yet another expansion of trash power damage for Mesmer. Such is the downside of specializations, better luck next time!
    Last edited by Eternal Champion; 2017-08-02 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Also yet another expansion of trash power damage for Mesmer. Such is the downside of specializations, better luck next time!
    Mirage is literally everything mesmer already does so I don't get the point of it. Spell breaker would have been perfect for mesmer yet they just give us more shatter conditions

Then necromancer gets portal I don't fucking get it

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Square Enix does thing a bit differently. New game systems are often put into the patches. Game systems that don't get abandoned after ten levels mind you. Sure, blizzard knows how to announce expansion, but people can't wait to get rid of artifacts, same as Garrisons when WoD was near the end. Gamescom is soon and 4.1 will come out in earsly september most likely, so we will be able to look at things again.
    I mean, besides PotD all the new systems they added in HW are dead (hell Lord of Verminion was dead on the spot just about) and PotD is ran because its the most efficient way to level a DPS job not because it's engaging gameplay. We have no guarantee's that Diadem 3.0 (Eureka) or the new PotD won't continue the same mistakes as their predecessors since Square seems to learn from their mistakes at a snails pace. Blizzard also continues things from past expansions that work and doesn't just drop them. Garrison stuff continued into Legion in the form of Class Order Halls and you'd have to be a fool if you think some of the artifact systems aren't going to continue into the next expansion in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    weaver looks fun as hell, also complex as all fucks, gonna be having bad times learning how to play that thing, heck even the power rotation is finicky, thank god condi ele is basic T_T
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if it was priced higher it might of been asking for a bit much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Nope, it is not.

They said that their ideal model was that players would only ever pay for the most recent content. HoT is not recent anymore. Wow makes every expansion free after the next one is released, as its unreasonable to have players pay for Burning Crusade, or WOTLK when they're several years old. SWTOR made all of its expansions free you only ever need to pay for the latest one.
    Actually, Blizzard didn't implement the battle chest until very late in the game, you used to have to buy each expansion until they implemented that, which I think happened in WOTLK or Cataclysm.

Besides, you can always wait for a sale and it'll be cheap enough for you to buy it. I've seen HOTs go down to like 15 bucks before, which I'd say is a steal judging from the hours you put into it compared to a single player game that you play for maybe 20-40 hours.
    (Not counting the likes of Skyrim which got thousands of hours of fan-content)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't think it's silly at all. Just because they're on "different release cycles" doesn't mean that when you're selling a new box to people you can't give some information on what you're selling in ALL game modes.

The reality is that they likely have nothing new - as usual - because otherwise it'd be mentioned with all the other selling points.
    Nothing new for the expansion launch? Probably, as a new fractal was just released a week ago, and WvW received an overhaul to its rewards system two months ago. I suppose they could have held off on them until the expansion, but that would defeat the purpose of them having their own release schedules.

But seeing as the expansion announcement is likely the first of GW2 many people have bothered to look at for some time, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to talk about those release schedules and what content they have already added since HoT's launch.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-08-02 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep they went full battlemage with ele, that makes me excited, it's what I play in ESO and I have an enhance shaman in WoW. I love the playstyle of a melee mage.

Am unfortunately gonna drop my thief main permanently though, another boring specialization with nothing really new or cool. I was really hoping they would implement a GW1 style combo system but that would be too hard for this dev team apparently, such a fucking lazy weapon to give thief honestly.

Looks like I have to get on for the first time in months and gear an ele!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So looking at the numbers on the elite specs, it's pretty much what I said before. The numbers seem ridiculous, damage will be through the roof if you have PoF and crap if you don't. WvW already plays like a FPS sometimes, now people will be dropping like nothing at all with these numbers.

Also, new prefix, Grieving? Major-Power/Condi Minor-Precision/Ferocity.
    Just like there was major powercreep with HoT , very much expected. I'm pretty sure they don't give 2 shits about balance at this point, this game has lacked variety for a very very long time and HoT didn't change much except shoehorn everyone into 1 build.

Vanilla builds will still be garbage but I bet all elite specs will be viable. And I thought WvW has been dead for years now.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-08-02 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think if it was priced higher it might of been asking for a bit much.
    The price means theres going to be a lot of mount skins.