Poll: Your opinion of prestige honor system?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you happy with prestige system?

So I'm a casual and have been working to get to honor level 50 for a few weeks, finally got it yesterday and thought I was going to get a new artifact appearance but instead I realized you only get a nuthugging pet... and I need to repeat the whole process again to get the appearance. I decided not to do it.

The prestige mounts aren't cool. The artifact appearances are ok but still kind of meh. I don't really think the rewards are worth the effort, do you? I mean I didn't realize you had to repeat all 50 levels every prestige level, that was kind of mind blowing to find out. Guess it's my fault for not researching the system before trying to use it.
    Last edited by mmocff555210cb; 2017-08-17 at 08:45 AM.

As someone who doesn't enjoy pvp, this system is perfect.

I can reap all the rewards from pve content instead out having to do something I dislike.

Much like the ToT pvp dailies, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    So I'm a casual and have been working to get to honor level 50 for a few weeks, finally got it yesterday and thought I was going to get a new artifact appearance but instead I realized you only get a nuthugging pet... and I need to repeat the whole process again to get the appearance. I decided not to do it.

The prestige mounts aren't cool. The artifact appearances are ok but still kind of meh. I don't really think the rewards are worth the effort, do you? I mean I didn't realize you had to repeat all 50 levels every prestige level, that was kind of mind blowing to find out. Guess it's my fault for not researching the system before trying to use it.
    The skin unlocks should be account wide. Doing 13 (I think?) prestige levels on 12 classes to unlock them all is a bit much. No other skin requires THAT much of a grind.

Also, I wouldn't be upset if they reduced the honor needed per rank. There are times where I'll do multiple bg's and barely even rank up so it feels a bit meh at that point.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    System/idea is fine.

Only reason I voted adjust was to make it account wide.

I got like 6 characters at prestige 1-3 from mostly WQ/Brawls.

Sure I could have focused on 1 character all of Legion but I'd get really bored and quit probably :P

Tbh, if they "reset" it all in 8.0, and keep the same system it'd feel a bit weird. But I can understand why, they would want to give hardcore pvpers new rewards as well.

They did reduce Prestige 1 by 50%. But seeing there's likely at least 3 seasons more, wouldn't mind some more reductions.

But then again, it's still one of the most accessible pvp reward systems ever. Even with complete RNG gear drops, the transmog for armor will be purchasable for honor tokens which seem to drop plenty often now from either WQ or those green pvp loot boxes.

I grinded to rank 13 in vanilla , pvped some arena in TBC. Game changed quite a bit since
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-17 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    It's okay, would love an alt catchup mechanic like 50% more EXP if you're below highest prestige on one account.

Deleted
    I like the Prestige system, think its a nice way to keep things a little more relevant.. Would like it to be toned down just a bit for more causal players, considering a level takes me a week of BGs and RBGs... So leveling it on different characters takes a LOT of time

But if they remove it I would be quite sad

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fine, and I agree with Blizzard about not having a catchup system at the majority. I wouldn't mind a catchup system on the first stage (unlocks of talents) after that, should be like all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have been 17/50 for a few weeks now and most of that was from doing PvP towers/RBGs.

While I wish that skins were account wide I understand the reason why they're not.

Is the system perfect? No, but I have been enjoying it so far.

As someone who dabbles in PVP, I like it for the rewards. It is unlikely I have the skill/time to dedicate to getting Gladiator, but doing the PVP World Quests, the PVP Arena/BG Weekly when it is up, and/or the Bi-Weekly Brawl has been fun and enough to keep me close to cap each season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Should be account wide. As it is, climbing it with one character can be challenge, but doing it with multiple borders masochism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have barely done any PvP this expansion and I'm Prestige 16, level 31 by just doing the towers and the wpvp zones on a daily basis. So it's neat I can get the rewards without putting a lot of time in it, since I don't really have time to pvp.

Deleted
    Its a good idea (like a lot of things added in legion) but needs slight adjusting, I think it should be account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    I have barely done any PvP this expansion and I'm Prestige 16, level 31 by just doing the towers and the wpvp zones on a daily basis. So it's neat I can get the rewards without putting a lot of time in it, since I don't really have time to pvp.
    This, it gives people who don't have time / don't want to PvP too much an incentive to get involved without making the rewards HUGELY amazing that you feel forced too.

Deleted
    It's fine but should absolutely be account-wise.

Unlike rated titles that require skill on a certain class and/or spec, you can simply grind out the prestige points. Class/spec doesn't influence it one bit.

No I am not happy with it, I don't mind a good grind but that is too much and you can basically only play one toon if you want a cat in hell's chance of getting all of the rewards. It's never fun to feel punished for every minute you spend pvping on alts.

I would be happier if the mounts were all unique and not just lazy recolours and the honor amount could stand to be further reduced without risk of making it easy.

I don't see the harm in after unlocking the skins on 1 toon that they unlock on others too, perhaps after reaching prestige 2 on said alt. That would mean that we'd still have to put in the big effort for 1 toon and additional effort on each toon we want the skins on. As it stands it's probably impossible to unlock all skins on half let alone 12 classes, there just isn't enough time in the day.

Deleted
    I find it a bit strange that some people are happy with the system saying they can use it well by just doing towers/WQ.

That's a broken system though then isn't it? I mean getting "pvp rewards" for doing no pvp at all? I've only done a few of those myself but it seems like they never involve other players, and to boot world pvp is pretty much more broken than it's ever been no?

I've never PvPed, don't do any of the PvP world quests (myself).

By clicking the Mage class ability once every two days - I've got the prestige level 2 mount.

I think prestige is flawed in that I shouldn't be able to get it.

They should reduce the number of ranks to say 10, and make them... well prestigious.

Make 1-50 on prestige rank 1 achievable as is, but to get 2-10 prestige - you must do actual PvP (not WQs, but Arena/BGs).

It should also be based on more than just 'how much you can farm'.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    The increase in the honor requirements for level-up (after 7.2 i think) are extreme. Before that it was somehting like lvls 1-10 = 300-400 honor required per lvl, lvls 10-20 = 500-600 etc. After 7.2 launch, all the lvls require at least 800 honor for lvl-up, which efectively doubles (or even triples) the effort needed to prestige. So actually if you have reached prestige 6+ before 7.2 you are golden, if not then good luck with hard grinding

Deleted
    The honour requirement is a bit too high; it should be account wide, but otherwise it's fine. Maybe a few more interesting rewards, rather than re-hashes and re-skins of the same reward but with a different colour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    The increase in the honor requirements for level-up (after 7.2 i think) are extreme. Before that it was somehting like lvls 1-10 = 300-400 honor required per lvl, lvls 10-20 = 500-600 etc. After 7.2 launch, all the lvls require at least 800 honor for lvl-up, which efectively doubles (or even triples) the effort needed to prestige. So actually if you have reached prestige 6+ before 7.2 you are golden, if not then good luck with hard grinding
    nope, the overall honor required to prestige is still the same.