Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

ETA for Antorus?

Apologies if you've hashed this out and I missed it. I was thinking about this while out running this week, figuring they can't wait till new year but won't want those competing for world first to be stuck in raid on Thanksgiving or Christmas day. So I'm thinking the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

Maybe someone else knows better?

Mod edit: 28th of November for normal/heroic difficulty.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-11-06 at 06:30 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how Thanksgiving isn't really a thing in Europe, there's no problem with people competing for World First being "stuck" on it.

Deleted
    7.3.5 = november 14th
    antorus heroic = november 21th
    antorus mythic = november 28th

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Seeing how Thanksgiving isn't really a thing in Europe, there's no problem with people competing for World First being "stuck" on it.
    lol ~ Good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    7.3.5 = november 14th
    Sounds about right.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7.3.5 = november 14th
    im still not convinced we will get a 7.3.5

we are a month away and no ptr for it. they have stated that class balancing will be done via hotfix. i think the raid will ship without a .5 patch. no idea when 7.3.2 will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    im still not convinced we will get a 7.3.5

we are a month away and no ptr for it. they have stated that class balancing will be done via hotfix. i think the raid will ship without a .5 patch. no idea when 7.3.2 will drop.
    7.3.2 = 7.3.5, only reason for the .2 is it's not even a minor balance patch, it's literally JUST a raid patch. It'll be in Nov. just like 7.3.5 would have been if they blindly followed the numbering scheme (and then people would complain it wasn't enough for a .5 patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    7.3.2 = 7.3.5, only reason for the .2 is it's not even a minor balance patch, it's literally JUST a raid patch. It'll be in Nov. just like 7.3.5 would have been if they blindly followed the numbering scheme (and then people would complain it wasn't enough for a .5 patch)
    Well, the .5 patches have been used as balance passes in Legion.

Since Ion stated in the Q&A they would not be doing a balance pass with or prior to the launch of the next raid, we will not be seeing a 7.3.5 for a while yet.

7.3.5 = november 14th
    Please no, these dates are terrible. I'd rather clear it more and wait to pickup the raiding until after Christmas.

Deleted
    I really hope Blizzard has the decency to announce it at least 4 weeks in advance so my guild can plan ahead. We're not going to extend ToS for another 8 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Please no, these dates are terrible. I'd rather clear it more and wait to pickup the raiding until after Christmas.
    I agree personally, but it won't happen.

Kids stop your fantasies about christmas or thanksgiving or w/e.
    Majority of wow population doesnt even know about such things. And devs not
    even taking this (holidays) into consideration
    In grown up world holidays only 1 or 2 days max for working people. So stop talk about chirstmass or thanksgiving like
    its a groundbreaking part of the year and 1 month+ of holidays.

every end of the year i see such threads from kids, rofl.

Tell that to Method after they were having fun with Kil'jaeden over 4th of July weekend. Doesn't matter if it's not a thing in Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Kids stop your fantasies about christmas or thanksgiving or w/e.
    Majority of wow population doesnt even know about such things. And devs not
    even taking this (holidays) into consideration
    In grown up world holidays only 1 or 2 days max for working people. So stop talk about chirstmass or thanksgiving like
    its a groundbreaking part of the year and 1 month+ of holidays.

every end of the year i see such threads from kids, rofl.
    Sigh... I get that your pathetic life revolves around games... but it doesn't for adults.

What you miss is that BLIZZARD closes for the most part for Thanksgiving and since it's a 4 day holiday (Th/Fri then the weekend), some people take off Wed to travel and others simply burn 3 days of vacation to get a full week off. They don't care if you have to wait another reset for your little raid. They're not dropping the raid the week of Thanksgiving, they'll just wait until the Tuesday after.

Christmas? Again, a lot of adults take off from Christmas through New Years' and companies dont' ship significant software releases then because, while you might be waiting for it, the adult world is off.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-10-09 at 05:21 PM.

7.3.5 = november 14th
    I think it's more like:
    7.3.2 => Nov 14th => normal & heroic
    mythic on Nov 21st

Thanksgiving is a thing where all of the WoW developers are.

Which means no mythic progression is happening on thanksgiving week period, because hotfixes wouldn't even be on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dec 5th - Heroic
    Dec 12th - Mythic.

No point releasing right before Thanksgiving. Given how buggy KJ Mythic was, if Antorus Mythic is as buggy, then devs will have to work thru Thanksgiving to fix it. That's pretty terrible thing to have to do when you would rather spend time with your family instead.

With Dec 12th Mythic, world first race should be over before Christmas giving plenty of time for everyone to enjoy their vacations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Dec 5th - Heroic
    Dec 12th - Mythic.

No point releasing right before Thanksgiving. Given how buggy KJ Mythic was, if Antorus Mythic is as buggy, then devs will have to work thru Thanksgiving to fix it. That's pretty terrible thing to have to do when you would rather spend time with your family instead.

With Dec 12th Mythic, world first race should be over before Christmas giving plenty of time for everyone to enjoy their vacations.
    Thinking the raid will be cleared in 2 resets is optimistic. Plus all evidence this expansion points to the November 14th/21st release.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    This isn't about the mythic race at all, this is more about the rest of the community.

This isn't about the mythic race at all, this is more about the rest of the community.
    If you're not racing for world first then it really doesn't matter. They can release it whenever and you can do it whenever. There is a very small percentage of the raiding population that is totally lacking in self-control and always complains that Blizzard is forcing them to do X, Y and Z. Blizzard has very consistently responded that if you feel that way, that is your own problem and they are not going to change what they do to accommodate your OCD.

I could not care less when they release. If it comes out when we are busy with RL then we will get to it when we come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If you're not racing for world first then it really doesn't matter. They can release it whenever and you can do it whenever. There is a very small percentage of the raiding population that is totally lacking in self-control and always complains that Blizzard is forcing them to do X, Y and Z. Blizzard has very consistently responded that if you feel that way, that is your own problem and they are not going to change what they do to accommodate your OCD.

I could not care less when they release. If it comes out when we are busy with RL then we will get to it when we come back.
    I'm more concerned with the inevitable holiday guild breakups that happen when new content is coming out with this sort of timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned with the inevitable holiday guild breakups that happen when new content is coming out with this sort of timing.
    In that case, it is best to release new content in Jan, after the holidays. I, honestly, don't see a problem with Jan release.

Only around 160 guilds have killed Mythic KJ. (I am no where near to be in one of them). So, it is only a content drought for those 160 guilds. For the rest, just keep grinding towards Mythic KJ.

Rushing an Antorus release just because people are tired of wiping on Mistress Mythic is rather B.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.