10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Amazon seeks to depose Trump about $10 billion Pentagon contract

That's why you need to keep your mouth shut when it comes to government procurement. Dumb developer had never learned the concept of "Conflict of Interest."
    If this isn't keeping Trump and his people up at night, they are more clueless then they seem. JEDI could be the doom of the Trump administration, and Amazon isn't going to back off this. I posted about it a few weeks ago, and it is progressing fast.

The reason this should scare Trump so much is that he has absolutely no cover from this. His base can't defend him, nor the GOP, not Putin. This is about cold hard cash, and lots of it. You can run over a lot of people in this world, and Trump has done so, but you get in the way of a multi-billion dollar government contract, and you just pissed off the sort of people that have real power.

Amazon probably can't drag Trump personally into court. They don't need too. Once they paint a clear picture of what this sort of irrational meddling can do to the profit margins of giant corporations, they can strip the entire GOP donor class from him. If they make that case to the donors, expect somebody like Buttigeg to get all the money in the world, and the Trump campaign to be broke by mid-June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I volunteer to fly the plane that airdrops him in the city
    I volunteer to prep the parachute.
    /s

pfft..."Conflict of interest...." was never something that Trump was concerned about anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    If this isn't keeping Trump and his people up at night, they are more clueless then they seem. JEDI could be the doom of the Trump administration, and Amazon isn't going to back off this. I posted about it a few weeks ago, and it is progressing fast.

The reason this should scare Trump so much is that he has absolutely no cover from this. His base can't defend him, nor the GOP, not Putin. This is about cold hard cash, and lots of it. You can run over a lot of people in this world, and Trump has done so, but you get in the way of a multi-billion dollar government contract, and you just pissed off the sort of people that have real power.

Amazon probably can't drag Trump personally into court. They don't need too. Once they paint a clear picture of what this sort of irrational meddling can do to the profit margins of giant corporations, they can strip the entire GOP donor class from him. If they make that case to the donors, expect somebody like Buttigeg to get all the money in the world, and the Trump campaign to be broke by mid-June.
    Trumps about to find out what happens when you piss off people with more money than you.

He's used to being the one with more money, but now he's tangling with one of the wealthiest companies on the planet and one of the worlds richest men.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trumps about to find out what happens when you piss off people with more money than you.

He's used to being the one with more money, but now he's tangling with one of the wealthiest companies on the planet and one of the worlds richest men.
    The guy that played a billionaire on TV is about to find out what real money can do, lol.

It isn't just Bezos either. Amazon will probably lose this legal fight, I don't really think they are planning on winning. They can strip the entire GOP donor class away, and tie up JEDI until the next administration. Corporations hate instability, and they don't like the idea of getting massive margin cuts from being on the wrong side of a twitter fight. All Bezos has to do is make the case to his peers that the US economy would be in a much more stable position under someone like Buttigeg or Klobuchar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Not at all. We Europeans sadly need NATO (USA) more than they need us. Europe is in bigger danger of being attacked by Russia than USA is. See how bold they became lately with Crimea and Ukraine.
    lol what?
    You really think the EU is in danger of being attacked by a country with a tenth of the whole EU's military? The only thing Russia will do is cyber warfare and they already do that even with NATO (see Brexit)

The US benefitted way more from NATO then Europe over the last decades. Which is fine with me, it helped us too, so idc if the US got more out of it. It's not a zero sum game after all (a certain US president* would benefit from learning that btw).
    What sucks is the whole attacking NATO and Europe now by the US government. That is NOT okay...

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...overs-from-nsc

"The Purge" is in full effect now. If anyone on the NSC worked under Obama, they're gone. It doesn't matter that they were simply staffers and had nothing to do with the administration proper, but the fact that they worked under Obama is apparently enough to require that they be cleansed.

This. Is. Fucking. How. Dictators. Start. Consolidating. Power.
    But...something something spying with microwaves and Trump doing his best for the country something something.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...overs-from-nsc

"The Purge" is in full effect now. If anyone on the NSC worked under Obama, they're gone. It doesn't matter that they were simply staffers and had nothing to do with the administration proper, but the fact that they worked under Obama is apparently enough to require that they be cleansed.

This. Is. Fucking. How. Dictators. Start. Consolidating. Power.
    And you know if whatever Democrat replaces Trump purges Trump staffers (Which would probably be justified since qualified people refuse to work for Trump) the GOP would freak out and declare the Dem as trying to start a dictatorship and punishing people for their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1...632999937?s=19

Holy Bleep! Any person let alone the supposed President.

Is he that stupid or gullible I guess if Xi stated this? I doubt Xi told Trump this, yet might have since he knows Trump is stupid.
    I didn't think anyone would believe anything that stupid.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN20425G

So the DoJ awards grants to various groups fighting human trafficking, that's great!

What's not so great is that employees are raising concerns that two very qualified, vetted, long-standing organizations were denied funding.

But funding was granted to two groups that are far newer but received lower ratings. The groups are

Hookers for Jesus in Nevada
    Lincoln Tubman Foundation in SC

Yes, you read the first one right.

Hookers for Jesus, which received $530,190 over three years, is run by a born-again Christian trafficking survivor who has lobbied against decriminalizing prostitution, a policy position aligning with many in the Republican Party.

The safe house’s manuals had rules that included a ban on reading “secular magazines with articles, pictures, etc. that portray worldly views/advice on living, sex, clothing, makeup tips.” Other rules limited everything from who victims could call to banning them from bringing their purses with them on weekly shopping trips. Rule-breakers could be penalized by being assigned chores such as washing windows.
    Sure is odd that a group for "hookers" supports keeping their profession criminalized.

The Lincoln Tubman Foundation, awarded $549,345 over three years, was launched by the daughter of a prominent local Republican who supported President Donald Trump as a delegate at the 2016 convention and is close to South Carolina Republican Senator Tim Scott.

OJP’s Sullivan said the grant review process was the same for all recipients and a letter from a senator “would not influence a funding decision.”

Reviewers cited the Lincoln Tubman Foundation’s lack of experience. The task force is still in its “infancy” with “little to no experience,” they wrote.
    Sure gives the appearance of impropriety, here.

Sure gives the appearance of impropriety, here.
    Better ask Ukraine to investigate them, then. Just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/trump-...-to-governors/

Trump's brilliance predicting the coronavirus will be done in by the changing of the seasons. Who needs medicine?
    Dr. Trump, PHD is on the case and we have nothing to fear, but fear itself. He's spent years researching the corona virus and and its mutations, he knows it better than anyone else. Believe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And you know if whatever Democrat replaces Trump purges Trump staffers (Which would probably be justified since qualified people refuse to work for Trump) the GOP would freak out and declare the Dem as trying to start a dictatorship and punishing people for their views.
    cant purge people that arent there. or to quote Breeca(sp?) "I dont exist"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    cant purge people that arent there. or to quote Breeca(sp?) "I dont exist"
    Or even better, when Trump asks someone were they in the White House under Obama they answer "you don't know me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    or to quote Breeca(sp?)
    /eyebrow

In other news, what with @Skroe not being here, I'll instead quote Sen. Enzi [R-OH-GOD-WY] --

"Who?'

Head of the budget committee. Anyhow, I'll quote his opinion instead.

I want to encourage people ... not to waste any time searching out the president's budget cuts. Nobody has listened to the president in the 23 years that I've been here. Congress doesn't pay attention to the president's budget exercise. I don't know why we put him through that

Because it turns into a diatribe against the president, I did not hold a hearing on President Obama's last budget. And for that same reason, I'm not going to hold a hearing on this president's budget.

Congress doesn't pay any attention to the president's budget exercise. It's all it is, an exercise. Congress holds the purse strings, according to the Constitution, and Congress is very protective of that constitutional authority,
    Well, at least he's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/trump-...-to-governors/

Trump's brilliance predicting the coronavirus will be done in by the changing of the seasons. Who needs medicine?
    But it seems to be true, higher temperatures and humidity can plausibly limit virus spread.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ccine-12389694

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the Virus Outbreak, Trump's unveiled his master plan in dealing with the outbreak once and for all: Slashing Funding for the World Health Organization in Half