Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Retrain and give jobs" is more of a dream then reality too.

It doesn't have to be "realistic" to be better - it just has to have higher chance of actually working, no matter how low.
    And we know for a fact that retraining is far more likely than waiting for a dying industry to suddenly be booming, but please go one about how coal will suddenly be viable again like this is the fucking 1920s.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Have you looked at success rates of those "re-educate and give jobs" programs?

As far as i see "bringing back coal" is actually more realistic prospect.
    How does that work? Coal jobs are largely going away because people are being replaced by machines.

Also considering that black lung is now happening earlier thanks to finer particulate matter thanks to better mining technology, they're just getting sick and dying sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well of course. Not because I approve of all his antics, which I don't. Because at the present, there is no democrat candidate who I would prefer on policies. I will say, of them all, I would prefer Biden then the rest. Whom I also feel has the best chance of beating Trump. So you guys should be supporting him if you want Trump out of office
    I could be wrong but I think you solely voting for him for social issues not really policies per say and obviously the racism, corruption, crime doesn't bother you as much as those. You are basically the evangelical base Trump loves so much as long as he gets you control of the courts he is allowed to do whatever he wants with your blessing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How does that work? Coal jobs are largely going away because people are being replaced by machines.

Also considering that black lung is now happening earlier thanks to finer particulate matter thanks to better mining technology, they're just getting sick and dying sooner.
    One reason is, we are now relying more on natural gas as a cleaner energy source.

That is the risk they take when they decided to be a coal miner.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And we know for a fact that retraining is far more likely than waiting for a dying industry to suddenly be booming, but please go one about how coal will suddenly be viable again like this is the fucking 1920s.
    Show me the numbers rather then your "feel good" projections.

Trump's policies on what? I've yet to hear him give any kind of coherent message on any policy. Saying you support Trump's policies sounds a lot like saying you support Trump on the economy.

I have no idea what any of his supporters are basing this on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I could be wrong but I think you solely voting for him for social issues not really policies per say and obviously the racism, corruption, crime doesn't bother you as much as those. You are basically the evangelical base Trump loves so much as long as he gets you control of the courts he is allowed to do whatever he wants with your blessing.
    Good you admitted you could be wrong. Because you are on some points. But I do want conservative Justices appointed to the Supreme Court. So you are right there.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Good you admitted you could be wrong. Because you are on some points. But I do want conservative Justices appointed to the Supreme Court. So you are right there.
    Okay so that's your thing and nothing else matters enough to change your mind about blindly supporting him at least you admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    A non reply, cool. I guess it's better then a doubling down on your BS. Care to comment on the rest of my reply to you? Do you really think anyone who criticizes anything in america hates america?

You know what, don't bother. I'm sick of talking to trump cultists, its aggravating and ultimately pointless.
    I already made my point. I said the campaign will be "branded" as those who like america and those that dont.

Show me the numbers rather then your "feel good" projections.
    The numbers of a dying industry not coming back? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I already made my point. I said the campaign will be "branded" as those who like america and those that dont.
    And those that like Trump clearly do not like America.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    If that were the "point", it was a dumbfuck way of going about it. Because he has not in fact managed to equate their policies with a lack of patriotism in the public eye.

The division that you claim is between "those who like america and those that don't" is actually a division over whether or not accepts the melting pot aspect of American civilization. 2020 is fundamentally a contest between a belief in America as a republic built on the long intermingling of many people that can coexist under the same set of beliefs in liberal democracy, and a belief in America that fundamentally views all people that are not white as inferior and incapable of being American.
    Well that is how the left will try to spin it but not how the 2020 Trump campaign will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The numbers of a dying industry not coming back? Really?
    No, the numbers of how many you are planning to save with "retrain and give jobs" program.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump's policies on what? I've yet to hear him give any kind of coherent message on any policy. Saying you support Trump's policies sounds a lot like saying you support Trump on the economy.

I have no idea what any of his supporters are basing this on.
    1. Putting America first in manufactured goods and foreign policies.
    2. Stronger military.
    3. Respect for our flag, anthem.
    4. And yes, on the economy.
    5. Enforcement of our immigration laws.
    6. Commitment to our Second Amendment rights.
    7. Pro life.
    8. Appointment for conservative Justices to the Supreme Court.

... just to name a few important ones. Of course many will disagree or have issues with any of those. That's fine too. But you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so that's your thing and nothing else matters enough to change your mind about blindly supporting him at least you admit it.
    That's not what I said. You should not try to put words in people's mouth.

There was an article a few days ago that had an apt headline to the effect of "if you helped a racist become president, you are a racist."

A paraphrased quote that also captures it well; "The Germans who put the jews in camps were called Nazis. The Germans who hated that the jews were put in camps but supported Hitler anyway were still called Nazis."

All the good things you claim a guy does do not erase the bad, and anyone supporting the good is also giving explicit support of the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Somehow Trump kept coal jobs steady though (and slightly inching up) by relaxing regulations around them.

Another graph within article shows lows of 48.8k jobs in 2016 and around 52.8k jobs now.

Shouldn't filters/masks also get better?

Americans are dying sooner in general, having no job and no prospect of having one might speed it up faster then "black lung".

1. Putting America first in manufactured goods and foreign policies.
    2. Stronger military.
    3. Respect for our flag, anthem.
    4. And yes, on the economy.
    5. Enforcement of our immigration laws.
    6. Commitment to our Second Amendment rights.
    7. Pro life.
    8. Appointment for conservative Justices to the Supreme Court.

... just to name a few important ones. Of course many will disagree or have issues with any of those. That's fine too. But you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I said. You should not try to put words in people's mouth.
    So as long as he is perceived to do those 8 points Trump has your unyielding fealty then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    There was an article a few days ago that had an apt headline to the effect of "if you helped a racist become president, you are a racist."

A paraphrased quote that also captures it well; "The Germans who put the jews in camps were called Nazis. The Germans who hated that the jews were put in camps but supported Hitler anyway were still called Nazis."

All the good things you claim a guy does do not erase the bad, and anyone supporting the good is also giving explicit support of the bad.
    Except comparing the Nazi's to Trump supporters is like comparing a watermelon to a poison ivy berry. And no, you can still support some things and yet, not support others. It is like a good marriage. You can have disagreements and still remain married.

- - - Updated - - -

So as long as he is perceived to do those 8 points Trump has your unyielding fealty then?
    Well, it is important that he does. But no, if he was found guilty of committing crime, then he should be removed from office.

Somehow Trump kept coal jobs steady though (and slightly inching up) by relaxing regulations around them.

Another graph within article shows lows of 48.8k jobs in 2016 and around 52.8k jobs now.

Shouldn't filters/masks also get better?

Americans are dying sooner in general, having no job and no prospect of having one might speed it up faster then "black lung".
    Do you think relaxing regulations in an industry that kills a lot of people due to black lung is a smart idea? Dead people cost America, if they're dead they're not working, if they're not working they're not paying taxes.

And no it does not speed I tup faster than black lung are you serious?

Jobs are barely changed for coal, coal is doing more work now yes, but they're doing more work with fewer people thanks to mechanization.

Well, it is important that he does. But no, if he was found guilty of committing crime, then he should be removed from office.
    A sitting president cannot be indicted so nothing then.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sitting president cannot be indicted so nothing then.
    He can be impeached.