Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Welp... presidential power has no bounds.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...o-use-military

I guess we're getting whatever the fuck we want in regards to climate change and gun control when Trump is out of office.
    That $2.5 billion will barely get 10 miles built and by the time it does get built Trump will be out of office and it will just be torn down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Good another win for Trump
    So one win?

- - - Updated - - -

The next tie a democrat is sitting in the house he wont be a complete nutcase that makes up the most of the candidates so im not really worried. And the wall will be good for America.
    You actually think 2.5 billion will build the whole wall? I've seen people be bad at math, but you take the cake for that contest.

- - - Updated - - -

so the left is not willing to do what is good for America. This will be noted.
    Neither is anyone that wants to keep their land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Good to see Trump having such a good week and certain forum posters needing to change their signatures (move goalposts) once again.
    It's adorable you think it'll be built.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine the uproar from our resident leftists if a conservative-leaning sockpuppet account abused the mention system.

Just so we're clear, I've been in favor of a border barrier since it was promised in legislation nearly two decades ago. I could care less about Mexico paying for it.
    Mmm! Nothing like Sulla ignoring his orange savior's words and therefore saying whatever Trump says doesn't matter.

Watch out, Sulla! I think you may have TDS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He got his tax cuts, his 2 supreme court justices, his gutting of Obamacare, and now looks like he will get his wall. Sure this thread is filled with over 1200 pages of his bungles, but it's time to admit that he has succeeded on a lot of his big promises. Like it or not. And he has a still-surging economy behind him.

hate to admit it, but I think re-election is all but guaranteed at this point.

Imagine if he was actually competent.
    It was guaranteed to begin with, there are a lot of stupid people around and many love to continue to be stupid. Just take a look at some of the posters here, they'll vote for him again even though Trump fucked them over again and again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I've never supported the wall, here or otherwise. I'm right-leaning though, so this comes to mind:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/k9rgRso.png[/IG]
    Yeah, you have, you've supported every single thing Trump has done and your lame attempts at "I disagree with Trump" is as terrible of an attempt as you can get. That's basically Willy Wonka going "no...wait....stop..." to someone he doesn't care about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Oh yeah good point, the next Democrat President can 100% now divert funds from the DOJ for election protection. Thanks Trump and conservative Supreme Court justices!

I can't wait from the screeching of conservatives, including the ones in this thread, when that happens.
    This is exactly why the GOP or so fucking dumb, they forget that doing this is precedent in the future for things they hate. They can't see more than five feet in front of their orange noses.

- - - Updated - - -

- Trump having bad taxes (didn't happen, won't happen)
    Umm....yeah he has bad taxes. No one tries that hard to protect people from seeing them if they were squeeky clean or have nothing wrong with them.

The rest of your list was stupid enough though, but that's nothing new when you post.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Boom, build that wall.
    Cuckhadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by bagelmanman View Post
    Boom, build that wall.
    Not gonna happen, but keep dreaming, dreamer. Reach for the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can't wait for the next Democrat president to declare a national emergency and use military funding for universal healthcare.
    At which point their ruling will be "Precedent? What precedent? I've never even heard of precedent!".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Let me get this right. In your silly world of rhetoric, you get to say to me "nuh uhh, you're 100% wrong about everything!" and the correct response from me is supposedly to list a treatise of my political positions and beliefs and where I've been right (or wrong) my whole life in various scenarios as evidence. Otherwise, I'm not doing it right?

Meanwhile, just in the past few pages, AND THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD, you have been glaringly wrong about all of the things you thought would happen in the Trump administration. Then you point to an election that nearly everyone knew was going to go a certain way long before it happened as your shining moment of victory.

Sorry, that's not a good way to distract people from the nonsense you predict on a regular basis about:

- Trump getting impeached (didn't happen, won't happen)
    - Trump getting arrested (didn't happen, won't happen)
    - Trump losing in the Supreme Court (win some, lose some - as it should be)
    - Trump having secret indictments waiting on him (didn't happen, won't happen)
    - Trump having bad taxes (didn't happen, won't happen)
    - The list goes on...
    These folks could watch a train riding down the tracks straight for them and they'd still deny it was happening.

Ah, I see you guys are engaging the pedophile supporter again. Why? Throw him on ignore, use Skroe's script to wipe him off the board and then get back to a real discussion that involves one less blinder-wearing sycophant.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He got his tax cuts, his 2 supreme court justices, his gutting of Obamacare, and now looks like he will get his wall. Sure this thread is filled with over 1200 pages of his bungles, but it's time to admit that he has succeeded on a lot of his big promises. Like it or not. And he has a still-surging economy behind him.

hate to admit it, but I think re-election is all but guaranteed at this point.

Imagine if he was actually competent.
    I may be a bit out of the loop, but weren't his big promises that "the tax cuts will pay for themselves" and "repeal and replace Obamacare with something better for everyone"? I don't think we should count a promise as fulfilled as long as integral parts of them are missing still. When he does manage to do so, I will gladly agree that he has succeeded, but until then, it is in progress at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I may be a bit out of the loop, but weren't his big promises that "the tax cuts will pay for themselves" and "repeal and replace Obamacare with something better for everyone"? I don't think we should count a promise as fulfilled as long as integral parts of them are missing still. When he does manage to do so, I will gladly agree that he has succeeded, but until then, it is in progress at best.
    And Mexico will pay for the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And Mexico will pay for the wall
    I was mostly looking at his "Contract with the American Voter", since that is the most tangible and concrete set of promises he made, tbh. And there he explicitly has "build a wall with the understanding that Mexico will reimburse that cost", so that would count too, yes. Even if he builds his wall but the US fully pays for it, that would be another promise half fulfilled.

Incidentally, he often fulfills the easier side of his promises, takes the credit, then ignores it all.
    - repeal and replace became gutting key components then ignore the issue
    - Tax cuts had very concrete goals: 4% growth, 25 million new jobs, middle class gets the biggest tax cuts. I see tax cuts, but not ones that meet these lofty goals. And those were supposed to be the means to an end, not the actual goal in his contract.
    - He did not just promise to cancel billions of dollars in payments to UN climate change efforts, but also to use that very money to fix the US' water and environmental infrastructure. So it wasn't just leaving the Paris accords, but that was what he did and then called it a promise fulfilled.

That isn't to say that he didn't fully fulfill some promises, of course. Those were usually the ones he could get done on his own, the easy ones, or those where he just promised to "start doing something". Like, he promised to "begin" deporting illegal immigrants with criminal convictions. I mean, yeah, he has begun doing so. Deporting a single person would do so.

That is really why I am critical of Trump - aside from some policies he enacts that I think are just wrong. But his and his followers insistence that he has succeeded in his promises even as he doesn't even bother to do so completely is annoying. I would have some respect for him if he actually got stuff done and then basked in the glory of it. That is fine. But saying that he "kept more promises than he made (?)", while not fully sticking to a contract he signed just rubs me the wrong way. If you need to compromise on your goals, fine. That's politics. But at least own up to that.

There's something I don't understand:

This is a picture after the SCOTUS ruled that transferring federal budgets to The Wall is not unconstitutional.

How fucking deranged must you be to go out in the streets to protest FOR the wall and then fall into each others arms with pure joy when you hear the SCOTUS ruling. I mean, how do these people exist? These HAVE to be paid actors right? How can someone care SO MUCH for a wall on the southern border of your country. The wall will have 0 impact on these people their lives. Zero.

I really do not get it. You can be in favor of the wall, sure, but how can you be fangirling for a fucking wall?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What happened in 2018 is factual evidence of you being 100% wrong in your opinion. But you hold on to those super secret PM's - I'm sure they are keeping you warm at night as you dream of a darker United States run by a clown who's too stupid to see five feet in front of his face regarding long term policy.

- - - Updated - - -

in 2018 the democrats had extraordinary advantages they will not enjoy in 2020. Unless an economic recession hits republicans will get the house in 2020 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    How fucking deranged must you be to go out in the streets to protest FOR the wall and then fall into each others arms with pure joy when you hear the SCOTUS ruling. I mean, how do these people exist? These HAVE to be paid actors right? How can someone care SO MUCH for a wall on the southern border of your country. The wall will have 0 impact on these people their lives. Zero.
    You need to have more information then single photo to know that in general case.

Like them not living in border states and having no relatives there, not being impacted by migrant crime and so on, there are plenty of potential "hooks" to get people involved.

I really do not get it. You can be in favor of the wall, sure, but how can you be fangirling for a fucking wall?
    People can "fangirl" about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    excellent another ally against the vile leftist is always welcome. But what proof and evidence do you have?

Potentially bwhahahahaha. this is so fucking funny if that is all they got . Do you know the real reason why they are not going to court with this? because any decent judge would say not guilty in heartbeat. at least you can stick to potentially obstructed justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump does plenty of things wrong but i have an utter hatred and contempt for the degenerate left.
    Better to be called a leftist than to be an alt right incel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    There's something I don't understand:

This is a picture after the SCOTUS ruled that transferring federal budgets to The Wall is not unconstitutional.

Perhaps they lost family to illegal immigrants

Cool. Doesn't explain why they're hugging when a wall would've done fuck all to stop that.

Do they also hate our nation's troops because Trump stole some of this money from a fund designed to repair military bases damaged from natural disasters including troop housing?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Cool. Doesn't explain why they're hugging when a wall would've done fuck all to stop that.

Do they also hate our nation's troops because Trump stole some of this money from a fund designed to repair military bases damaged from natural disasters including troop housing?
    Our? the DK in the name indicates he's, from denmark. If he saw a whole of 10 different coloured people in his whole life time we are speaking of a lot. Let's not feed these world strange people, grown up in completely isolated communities and the only "experience" they have with other cultures is through social media created bubbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    These folks could watch a train riding down the tracks straight for them and they'd still deny it was happening.
    Maybe we could put it to the test

Perhaps she is cheering for people losing their family homes through imminent domain.

in 2018 the democrats had extraordinary advantages they will not enjoy in 2020. Unless an economic recession hits republicans will get the house in 2020 as well.
    What advantages were those?

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet, they can wait another 10+ years for the wall to be built just in construction alone and another 10+ years for it to get started once every lawsuit against it, from people wanting to keep their land and states just not wanting a bit of it, to finish.

Yay!

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not gonna happen, but keep dreaming, dreamer. Reach for the stars.
    Hahaha, satisfying to see that wall going up.
    Cuckhadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Impeachment