10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Ohhhh, I see, you have no idea how labor billing or accounting works. You're just ignorant about corporate finance. You think the bill is due in full the day the work begins.
    Yeah, 3 leans against a property for not paying bills is very hard to understand.

Sorry, but you're completely wrong. I worked for a large MNC and they owed millions to various contracts at any given time. Carrying debt is part of the game. Stop showing how much you don't know by complaining about this.
    How many leans against your company did you have for not paying the bills?

FYI... am still waiting for you to show where in the article it states Trump wasn’t responsible. Since we are talking ignorance, I just corrected you 3 times and all you did is insult:

Sorry, you're wrong. The specific timing of the contracts and payments in question were during his presidency. Please re-read the article if you need to.
    Oopsie daisy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Donald Trump doesn't have any control over the finances of the Washington Trump Hotel. Further, that's a relatively low amount to owe compared to the value of the property and the labor contracts that went into completing it. Those people will be paid. As the spokesman said, this is completely normal in the closeout process. Just more of the same poking holes in completely normal shit that people on the left will be duped by the media into thinking is some major malfeasance.
    Namesake and owner of hotel doesn't have control over finances, but apparently people going to college that rack up debt "knew what they signed up for." You really don't have another gear, do you?
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2019-07-31 at 10:23 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well, all sorts of businesses do it, and by sheer statistics they aren't all "piece of shit conservatives". Again, please stop posting in an inflammatory manner. It's not helpful to anyone.
    "Other businesses do it too!", like that matters.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It does matter. Pointing out a completely ordinary matter of business as if it's some sort of malfeasance unique to Trump or his company is outright dishonesty.
    Wow, you really just don't get it, do you? If other companies killed babies, would it then be ok for Trump to do it? At what point did you abandon all rationality?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible analogy. Killing babies is not something many companies do or ever will do. How are you allegedly a lawyer again?
    Missing the point as usual. Here, I'll dumb it down for you: if another company does something that is "wrong/bad/illegal", is that ok for Trump to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They were due to cut rates, but Trump’s problem is he doesn’t realize that means the economy is slowing down. They typically only cut rates when growth has slowed. Which means this cut shows he’s putting the brakes on the recovery that started under Obama. Sad.
    Numerous times Trump has attacked the Fed for not lowering the interest rates. Again a taboo, but of course this is Trump who has broken so much precedence.

Now since I am a Woke Independent and to be a cynic that a President behind the scenes have influenced the Fed, sure. This Orange Buffoon has tried many times publicly.

....As usual, Powell let us down, but at least he is ending quantitative tightening, which shouldn’t have started in the first place - no inflation. We are winning anyway, but I am certainly not getting much help from the Federal Reserve!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It does matter. Pointing out a completely ordinary matter of business as if it's some sort of malfeasance unique to Trump or his company is outright dishonesty.
    Then those businesses fail just as much as Trump. How you get that just because others fail doesn't mean we can't call them on it is baffling.

- - - Updated - - -

Killing babies is not something many companies do or ever will do.
    Only many don't do it? So some kill babies?

But technically, yes, there is at least one non-profit organization that does kill babies.
    And they've been doing a terrible job at it. They've let too many of the bad ones slip through the cracks.

But technically, yes, there is at least one non-profit organization that does kill babies.
    Subtle. Go ahead with another one of your "schools are liberal" and "non profit kills babies" diatribe and maybe you'll get another follower for your edgy blog.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Subtle. Go ahead with another one of your "schools are liberal" and "non profit kills babies" diatribe and maybe you'll get another follower for your edgy blog.
    And as a bonus, we can start the ban-hammer clock as well. When he posts this quickly, you know the drinking started a few hours ago. Remember when he defended pedophiles and started threatening people with "being on the list"? Was that last one him?

Anyways, Lil Sully is once again going off the rails, ignoring the issue in favor of the derailing/detracting semantics. Still hasn't answered the real question: if businesses do something wrong, does that make it ok for Trump to do it?

7+ Year Old Account
    I used the word "many" in relation to the analogy that was being proposed by Cubby. Try to keep up.

Yes, the nra.

Oh no, I get it. I'm pro-abortion/eugenics.
    LOL, no, you don't get it. It was a joke. "slip through the cracks ..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Now the bad part is it looked like the Fed caved to Trump's crying to cut interest rates.
    Um...Trump tweeted because of course he did that he was not happy...because the Fed didn't cut the rate by more.

See. Trump is:
    a) upset that stocks dropped about 333 points instantly.
    b) unaware what the Fed's job is: to have the rate of inflation match reality, not Trump's demands.
    c) the President during a rate cut, the first since 2008, and we all know what that year held.

We have seen recession indicators flashing. The inverted yield curve is one. A rate cut is another. There are others:

The indicator is the Chicago Fed National Activity Index, which combines 85 indicators to measure the strength of the economy and inflation in the U.S. The index, which is released monthly, came in at a negative 0.02 on Monday, below economist expectations for a positive 0.1. It was negative for a seventh month in a row.
    -0.02 is effectively average. The previous six indicators were more negative. While it's not proof of an imminent collapse, it is objective proof that the economy isn't doing as well as the stock mark....oh, right, the drop today. The GDP...oh...shit, that too. Um. Actually, there's not a lot of good indicators recently.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    But I clearly did answer that question. If anything, you're the one off-topic because the situation we're discussing isn't anything wrong for a business to do. Thanks for your obsessive posts though.
    We weren't discussing bad things companies do? Hmmmmm, thought we were. Perhaps you could refresh my memory then.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UQ2UC

So he complains and moans about assisting Americans in California after devastating fires, but gladly offers support to Putin.

Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So he complains and moans about assisting Americans in California after devastating fires, but gladly offers support to Putin.
    So...we're sending rakes, then?

Unrelated: US slaps more sanctions on Iran for...uh...probably being part of the Nuclear Deal, I guess. This continues the march towards attacking Iran @Skroe says we're not doing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Awesome.
    The full list of his policy atrocities would take up a wing in the Library of Congress at this point. I seriously wonder if we see saner minds prevail in 2020 if there will be a Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...we're sending rakes, then?

Unrelated: US slaps more sanctions on Iran for...uh...probably being part of the Nuclear Deal, I guess. This continues the march towards attacking Iran @Skroe says we're not doing.
    Well, they voted for him. CA certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wow, you really just don't get it, do you? If other companies killed babies, would it then be ok for Trump to do it? At what point did you abandon all rationality?
    Sulla never had any to begin with.

I'd say "just when you thought Trump couldn't get any pettier," but let's be honest - his pettiness can always increase.

Anyway, Trump is now directing the Navy to rescind awards given to people who prosecuted one of his supporters:
    https://twitter.com/obarcala/status/1156658028940337159

Awesome.
    It's because Russia actually takes their forests.