10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It does? Even then, I wouldn't trust it because the "official number" is likely quite wrong.
    Get back to me when you've got actual data, not guesses.

And yeah second-generation Americans do matter when anyone's whose water breaks on this side of the Rio Grande now has an American child.
    And now you've stooped to outrageously, directly racist statements. This has been a fun ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laws don't apply to rich and powerful people. It is known.
    Fuck...

you win this round... but, this isn’t the end!

Edit: adding more distance between the fuck and the you, to avoid any confusion.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Get back to me when you've got actual data, not guesses.

And now you've stooped to outrageously, directly racist statements. This has been a fun ride.
    We don't have actual data on that because D.C. is full of people like you who call anything and everything racist. It's like Thomas Sowell said, the word is like ketchup, you can put it on anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have actual data on that because D.C. is full of people like you who call anything and everything racist. It's like Thomas Sowell said, the word is like ketchup, you can put it on anything.
    In this particular case, I'm putting it on your derogatory dismissal of the citizenship of Americans who've immigrated from Mexico, solely because they're from Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting choice of words... Thomas...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Heinz
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry

So... no... democrats tried to put ketchup in the White House... but, got swept away on a swift boat.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In this particular case, I'm putting it on your derogatory dismissal of the citizenship of Americans who've immigrated from Mexico, solely because they're from Mexico.
    It is stupid that anyone who illegal crosses the border or catches a flight into the US and gives birth is now the parent of an American. Birthright citizenship is just dumb.

You guys are arguing with a russian that constantly defends/praises the most inane stupidity of the president?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is stupid that anyone who illegal crosses the border or catches a flight into the US and gives birth is now the parent of an American. Birthright citizenship is just dumb.
    The only people who would citizens in the US would be or white English descent. Sprinkle in rules for other western European countries when more legislative power is needed.

Everyone would've and were told to get fucked until the 14th amendment. Even then there was 100 years of legislation and cultural hurdles to get through before the 14th amendment was respected.

Yeah, so let's tell children or immigrants who have been here their entire life that they are aren't citizens because their parents aren't American citizens.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Rep. Steve King told an Iowa crowd Wednesday that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest throughout human history.
    I've cited the various GOP members fleeing as their brand turns toxic.

This was not the way I expected it to go, but I'll assume this is King announcing his retirement.

In related news, Trump continues to coddle to dictator-like action by saying Xi -- remember, this is China here, and Trump has accused China of being the worst unfairest poopy heads -- is "a great leader" in "a tough situation". He also offers to help mediate. China's response, at time of writing, is silence.

In traditional Trump fashion, this contradicts the message sent by his administration, who seemed somewhat put out by military police squashing protests. Trump seems okay with it. Hmm.

Also related to this thread: WH calls Trump " the most accessible president in modern history" when asked if they were going to bring back press conferences. Which they didn't answer.

And, in conclusion, a new poll finds that Trump's disapproval rating is just about the highest it's ever been. It might have something to do with his shitstained laundry list of failures, the way he cozies up to dictators/white supremacists/Nazis, the abject failure of his economy to do any better and its repeatedly predicted recession next year, every single diplomatic effort he's made failing, his lack of staff and lack of message, and punctuated by GOP members fleeing at record rates.

The poll finds his disapproval at 56%, with a record high disapproval of white men, his base, 46%.

For added fun, mouseover the link of the poll. You know, to see where it came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've cited the various GOP members fleeing as their brand turns toxic.

This was not the way I expected it to go, but I'll assume this is King announcing his retirement.
    Wouldn't bet on it. He did get reelected in 2018 after all, and he made plenty of outrageous comments before then. At this point I don't so much blame Steve King, who is at least consistently a horrible person, I blame Iowa's 4th district. I mean what the hell Iowa, what is it going to take?

It is a deep red district that he just barely won, but still, he should be getting like 1% of the vote after the sort of things he has said and done. Even the Republican Party won't fund his campaigns or give him committee seats any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    1. Putting America first in manufactured goods and foreign policies.
    2. Stronger military.
    3. Respect for our flag, anthem.
    4. And yes, on the economy.
    5. Enforcement of our immigration laws.
    6. Commitment to our Second Amendment rights.
    7. Pro life.
    8. Appointment for conservative Justices to the Supreme Court.

... just to name a few important ones. Of course many will disagree or have issues with any of those. That's fine too. But you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I said. You should not try to put words in people's mouth.
    So, do you still support Trump on the economy?

15+ Year Old Account
    How does either graph show that? You know when the line or bar goes up that means the number of people has gone up right?
    As a percentage of the total population, the number of immigrants has not reached historic levels. lul

- - - Updated - - -

The innocent and oppressed corporations of America are just trying to make an honest buck after Uncle Sam skims his giant cut of their profits to pay for boomer healthcare. The illegals are breaking the law, they are the criminals.
    Employers are breaking the law by hiring them. They're not innocent just because you have a boner for giving corporations extra money hand over fist. You currently pay a higher percentage of your income as taxes than corporations pay as a percentage of their total profits. The wealthy and big businesses are making you pay for that boomer healthcare, as well as screwing you over in many other ways, and you just say "Yes sir, please may I have another sir!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The innocent and oppressed corporations of America are just trying to make an honest buck after Uncle Sam skims his giant cut of their profits to pay for boomer healthcare. The illegals are breaking the law, they are the criminals.
    That would mean they are also breaking the law. Do you just destroy your own arguments on purpose?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I think this segment would be of interest to this thread:

I agree with the general critique of the "change my mind"-style videos in that discussions tend to happen between a prepared guy / girl and an unprepared guy / girl, discussions where both parties are prepared are better.

But I would point out that for a point paraded as widely as "Trump is racist" it is really telling that nobody ever came close to making a coherent argument for that on camera. That I saw, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    But I would point out that for a point paraded as widely as "Trump is racist" it is really telling that nobody ever came close to making a coherent argument for that on camera. That I saw, that is.
    Yeah, because he'd obviously include all the clips of him being humiliated. I'd never suggest that you're a stupid person, but you do a very convincing job of acting like one.

I think this segment would be of interest to this thread:

I agree with the general critique of the "change my mind"-style videos in that discussions tend to happen between a prepared guy / girl and an unprepared guy / girl, discussions where both parties are prepared are better.

Trump is racist. Both birtherism and telling American citizens to "go back where they came from" are textbook racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Yeah, because he'd obviously include all the clips of him being humiliated. I'd never suggest that you're a stupid person, but you do a very convincing job of acting like one.
    This (well, the first sentence) is a fair point.

I'll offer this though: I don't know about Crowder, but Ben Shapiro, for example, was actually inviting some of the folk from "the other side" to an honest debate, more than once. Various topics. Moderated by a neutral party. He was refused.

So, I agree that videos made by one of the sides are inherently biased. But it seems to me there could have been videos that are free of this defect and they didn't happen because the "other side" refused it. In at least some cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump is racist. Both birtherism and telling American citizens to "go back where they came from" are textbook racism.
    He didn't say "go back where you came from", we've been over that, he said something else. If you want to have an honest discussion regarding whether or not Trump is racist, we can have it. If you don't, not now, not here, not with me or whatever else, that's fine, too.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-08-15 at 10:29 AM.

He didn't say "go back where you came from", we've been over that, he said something else. If you want to have an honest discussion regarding whether or not Trump is racist, we can have it. If you don't, not now, not here, not with me or whatever else, that's fine, too.
    "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

I don't see how this statement is at all different from what I paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

I don't see how this statement is at all different from what I paraphrased.
    You cut it mid-way, the continuation is: "Then come back and show us how it is done."

The thrust is just different from what is ascribed.

You cut it mid-way, the continuation is: "Then come back and show us how it is done."

The thrust is just different from what is ascribed.
    You're missing the part where he assumed because they were not white that they were born in other countries. That is what is racist about his statement.