Remember when Hillary was supposed to be the warmonger candidate?

Sheesh, looks like Candace Owens is gearing up to be Trump's new "I have a black friend".

So in the day of the Climate Strike and Climate Change awareness

Trump admin ignored its own evidence of climate change's impact on migration from Central America

Pretty simple. Guatemala who is hit by climate changing causing crop failure and starvation is driving the migration of Guatemalans to the US. Of course Trump a)ignores climate change and b) stopped funding aid to Guatemala and also put money into fighting people coming from the border.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Remember when Hillary was supposed to be the warmonger candidate?
    I remember when Obama was a warmonger for his drone strikes. Yet, for some reason those people are now fighting a culture war, not at all interested in Trump increasing drone strikes.

Targeted Killing, Donald Trump Style
    The administration is bombing people all over the planet, under looser rules and in the shadows.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....d-trump-style/

Since January, the Bureau has reported 27 lethal strikes in Yemen, 14 in Somalia, and upwards of 50 strikes in Afghanistan during the same time period.

To put it into more context, the Obama administration conducted 563 covert strikes in Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen during its two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Obama only admitted to between 64 and 116 civilian deaths during that time, though the bureau said it was likely 380 to 801 times higher than that.

But from the current administration, near-silence on all of this. On Thursday, the Department of Defense issued a report to Congress mandated under the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The DoD was supposed to list each strike—time, date, and place—that was confirmed (or reasonably suspected) to have resulted in a civilian casualty, along with the number of casualties, both civilian and combatant, in 2017. The report was 30 days late and, not surprisingly, fell terribly short of the requirements.

What it did reveal is that out of 10,000 total military strikes in 2017 (typically by drone, AC-130 gunships, missiles, and fighter-bombers), the DoD could confirm approximately 499 civilians killed and approximately 169 injured. These took place during Operation Inherent Resolve (Iraq, Syria), Operation Freedom’s Sentinel (Afghanistan), and U.S. operations in Yemen, Somalia, and Libya. Supposedly, DoD has no reports of civilian casualties resulting from strikes in Libya and Somalia, though we know targeting has increased in both countries under Trump, and according to outside observers, there were upwards of 10 civilians killed in Somalia in 2017.

Edit: Found a better article than the one that listed 450%, so removed that.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-09-21 at 12:50 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So in the day of the Climate Strike and Climate Change awareness

Trump admin ignored its own evidence of climate change's impact on migration from Central America

Pretty simple. Guatemala who is hit by climate changing causing crop failure and starvation is driving the migration of Guatemalans to the US. Of course Trump a)ignores climate change and b) stopped funding aid to Guatemala and also put money into fighting people coming from the border.
    Maybe that's what we should have focused on for climate change deniers. Don't talk about saving the planet or any of that. Just tell them that it'll increase the number of immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Maybe that's what we should have focused on for climate change deniers. Don't talk about saving the planet or any of that. Just tell them that it'll increase the number of immigrants.
    Yes, tell them if they fight climate change it would mean less brown people in their country.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    They don’t believe “us”, Trump would have to say it. But, if Trump is saying it, he might as well call climate change deniers antifa, arsonist, communist, democrats, then we will have the most robust clean energy infrastructure in the world. We can call it... ‘a wall against climate change’...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

President Trump will hold a session on religious persecution instead of attending the UN climate change summit https://cnn.it/30B6etF
    Speaking of climate change once again.

Speaking of climate change once again.
    What are the chances these covers any religion other than Christianity and possibly Judaism?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Annnnnnnd now we're deploying troops and assets to defend Saudi Arabia...

Fuck trump.
    Every Administration since Kennedy would have done the exact same thing. Attacking Iran (At least overtly) isn't the right answer, but neither is turning a blind eye. This forward posturing is necessary, and honestly it doesn't hurt anything. I hate Saudi Arabia's rulers as much as anyone, but we can't just let Iran strike its neighbors with impunity. They could hit the Suez Canal next, or any number of dozens of other targets that are key for global economic stability.

What are the chances these covers any religion other than Christianity and possibly Judaism?
    Did you see the story where they want to pull funding from Duke and North Carolina University saying they are portraying Islam in too much a positive light.

Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke program portrays Islam too positively

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see the story where they want to pull funding from Duke and North Carolina University saying they are portraying Islam in too much a positive light.

Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke program portrays Islam too positively
    Ok, two thoughts:
    1) What the actual fuck. How is it ok for the department of education to dictate how religions should be taught in school?

2) They kind of actually have a point. Not saying that it is in any way acceptable for the DoE to demand compliance on this subject, but major universities are absolute cowards when it comes to teaching the effects of religion. It is easy to bash on Christianity all day long, and nobody cares, but touch Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism and there are going to be protesters beating down your doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    2) They kind of actually have a point. Not saying that it is in any way acceptable for the DoE to demand compliance on this subject, but major universities are absolute cowards when it comes to teaching the effects of religion. It is easy to bash on Christianity all day long, and nobody cares, but touch Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism and there are going to be protesters beating down your doors.
    The fact that you believe this point to be true is adorable.

It doesn't make it anymore true, but it is absolutely indicative of the "we're a prosecuted minority!" mindset that's plaguing the loudest christians right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The fact that you believe this point to be true is adorable.

It doesn't make it anymore true, but it is absolutely indicative of the "we're a prosecuted minority!" mindset that's plaguing the loudest christians right now.
    I am not a Christian, lol. I don't want to veer this into discussing religion, but I agree that there are a ridiculous amount of them that believe they are persecuted when they are not, that isn't my point. My point is that we should be able to have fair discussion of all religions, and we can't, because people are so sensitive about it.

I am not a Christian, lol. I don't want to veer this into discussing religion, but I agree that there are a ridiculous amount of them that believe they are persecuted when they are not, that isn't my point. My point is that we should be able to have fair discussion of all religions, and we can't, because people are so sensitive about it.
    My point is that it's the opposite of what you say.

You can't go against Christian religion in any class with a minor because parents freak the fuck out that little timmy is being taught their religion isn't the perfect true one. You can't teach science or sex ed. because it's "against their religion" to learn such things. You can't say "Happy Holidays" because you guessed it, bias against Christians and this is a War on Christianity.

But say that all muslims are bad because terrorists? Gets you a free pass pretty much anywhere in school and politics, until someone points out how fucked of an attitude that is... which then sends the parents in screeching about how their school wasn't so scared to offend anyone. Two guesses what religion most of those people are (hint: the ones that sob if you say that christianity is one of three branches, and shares a god with two others). Judaism? Point me a time when that wasn't a popular whipping boy. Hinduism? No one goes to bat to or for it in America because it's not one of the "big" religions here for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    My point is that it's the opposite of what you say.

You can't go against Christian religion in any class with a minor because parents freak the fuck out that little timmy is being taught their religion isn't the perfect true one. You can't teach science or sex ed. because it's "against their religion" to learn such things. You can't say "Happy Holidays" because you guessed it, bias against Christians and this is a War on Christianity.

But say that all muslims are bad because terrorists? Gets you a free pass pretty much anywhere in school and politics, until someone points out how fucked of an attitude that is... which then sends the parents in screeching about how their school wasn't so scared to offend anyone. Two guesses what religion most of those people are (hint: the ones that sob if you say that christianity is one of three branches, and shares a god with two others). Judaism? Point me a time when that wasn't a popular whipping boy. Hinduism? No one goes to bat to or for it in America because it's not one of the "big" religions here for the most part.
    In grade schools, especially in the south, I agree. In big universities it is the opposite. Which is a shame in both cases, but I understand it is very difficult to discuss religion without royally pissing off someone. Which is why it is a banned topic and I am going to shut up before I get banned.

In grade schools, especially in the south, I agree. In big universities it is the opposite. Which is a shame in both cases, but I understand it is very difficult to discuss religion without royally pissing off someone. Which is why it is a banned topic and I am going to shut up before I get banned.
    What we're doing here, to my knowledge of all the stuff in the past, is fine - it goes over the line when you discuss verses or morality / truth of them, which we're not doing at all.

But yeah, even in universities? Heavy Christian bias.. they're the True Religion and don't get talked about in the mythology classes because they're not a MYTH like those other things like judaism and hinduism and islam. which are all included in mythology overviews. It's dumb and if you try to change it the amount of shrieking is unreal, so most people don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    doesn't seem like we have much in the way of details yet.
    Hopefully just a big "don't even think about it" sign.

I know we really shouldn't condone violence, but a "Proud Boy" getting his butt kicked at an event organized by High Schoolers definitely gives me a Grinch-like grin. So many of these Trump-enabled dickheads seem to be more of a "beta" than those they label such.

https://twitter.com/PugetSoundJBGC/s...519741952?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I know we really shouldn't condone violence, but a "Proud Boy" getting his butt kicked at an event organized by High Schoolers definitely gives me a Grinch-like grin. So many of these Trump-enabled dickheads seem to be more of a "beta" than those they label such.

https://twitter.com/PugetSoundJBGC/s...519741952?s=20
    projection is kind of their thing.