10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is now on a speed run, so it's no surprise he's breaking his own promises left and right.

First of all, remember when...hold on.

Our Ruling

Trump said that "many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back."

NATO members agreed to contribute at least 2 percent of their country’s GDP toward defense by 2024, but that defense spending does not take the form of payments to the United States or the alliance as a whole.

We rate this statement False.
    That sounds like Trump disparaging countries that don't contribute.

Anyhow, Trump owes the UN $1 billion dollars because Trump hasn't paid them, therefore admitting he is a raging hypocrite.

"But Breccia! Surely the US didn't pay the UN earlier, too, and that's just the total bill! Surely this is Obama's fault!"

It's true the article says $381 million are "back payments" without further specifying. But it also says $674 million for this year alone. So even if you're right, Trump owes over double from last year alone whatever the previous tally was.

"But Breccia! Surely the US isn't the only one who owes the UN!"

Maybe, but Trump is still the worst. The UN is owed $1.3 billion total by everyone combined. As Trump owes $674 million for this year alone, that's over half, and therefore, Trump's 2019 admin owes more to the UN than everyone else combined.

"But Breccia! Trump started withholding funds after Trump unilaterally took Jerusalem from the Palestinians and when the UN disagreed he cut them off, saying 'We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked'."

Well that was Nikki Haley.

Anyhow, funny story, Trump withdrew troops from the Kurdish area of Syria which has already turned into a war zone.
    A) Whose fault is that?
    B) Who's going to clean it up?
    C) Who's going to pay for that?

That looks a lot like the UN spending other countries' money to fix our mess, while we don't pay them. Exactly what Trump said about NATO members.

P.S. Nikki Haley also said "We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back. The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria. Leaving them to die is a big mistake".

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I think it’s a mistake to put any sort of faith in Lindsey Graham of all people. He doesn’t deserve the time you took to pen this, much less your respect. I say this as a fellow South Carolinian (though one that typically votes Democratic) that has watched Graham steadily go off the deep end after McCain’s passing.
    Oh that isn't the point at all. I am already working to make his path to reelection as difficult as possible. The point is to make him feel some personal self doubt, and make it very clear to him that not all conservatives support this shit.

I am aware he sold his soul to the devil, and the only way he is going to vote against Trump is if he feels it is in his best interest. The point is to make him aware that he may be doomed either way, and therefore spite Trump on the way out.

Gosh, people sure are taking abandoning allies well...
    https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/stat...202041344?s=20

(This was just a CGI, but it's still generating a lot of buzz.)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Cute idea, but that girl "cheated" in that she used the side of the wall to get over the top part. The real wall wouldn't have a "side" like that. I suppose the wall has to end SOMEWHERE, so there might be a side part, but I'd assume that there'd be something else in the way there.
    You do know there is a video in that link showing Trump standing next to a "wall" being built that is exactly the same as the one the girl climbed right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, people sure are taking abandoning allies well...
    https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/stat...202041344?s=20

(This was just a CGI, but it's still generating a lot of buzz.)
    Yeah, but the Kurds didn't fight with us on Normandy so therefore it's ok for Turkey to commit genocide.

Or something like that, I only briefly watched his press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah, but the Kurds didn't fight with us on Normandy so therefore it's ok for Turkey to commit genocide.

Or something like that, I only briefly watched his press conference.
    How's the GOP reacting? Being chickenshit as usual? Or trying to grow a spine?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Lindsey Graham, for all his condemnation of Trump's Syria move hasn't done anything more than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Cute idea, but that girl "cheated" in that she used the side of the wall to get over the top part. The real wall wouldn't have a "side" like that. I suppose the wall has to end SOMEWHERE, so there might be a side part, but I'd assume that there'd be something else in the way there.
    I also think she had her weight on the belaying rope at times, but let's not get too fussy... she's 8. They were probably stricter on the adult climbers.

Edit: apparently the side of the panel was explicity allowed due to the (bad) design of the real fence:
    Weber also says that he decided to allow the climbers to grab the edge of the top panel because he learned that this would be possible when climbing the actual border wall. According to Weber, he’s seen that there are gaps between each panel in photos of the proposed border wall.

Weber says that grabbing the panel’s edge makes climbing the wall a “piece of cake” for a climber. If there were no gaps, Weber estimates that climbers would need to be significantly taller than Lucy — at least about five feet 10 inches tall — to climb up and over the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lindsey Graham, for all his condemnation of Trump's Syria move hasn't done anything more than just that.
    Well, at the moment, Congress is on recess, isn't it? He's vowing to rally votes for a sanctions bill against Turkey when Congress comes back from recess, apparently.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, at the moment, Congress is on recess, isn't it? He's vowing to rally votes for a sanctions bill against Turkey when Congress comes back from recess, apparently.
    Okay, that's a fair point.

It will pass unanimously from both houses. And Dotard Tang will veto it. Dont @ me.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182045443800358912

Trump on the wife of a US diplomat who allegedly killed a teen in an auto accident in the UK: "That can happen. Those are the opposite roads. That happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did ... the person that was driving the automobile has diplomatic immunity."
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182047709894774784

Trump notes that the Kurds "didn't help us in the Second War War, they didn't help us with Normandy" -- the idea being that this justifies not helping them against Turkey
    This man is completely fucking insane and it's difficult to think that anyone could think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It will pass unanimously from both houses. And Dotard Tang will veto it. Dont @ me.
    And if it passes with those majorities the veto will get overridden and Trump will just be humiliated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This man is completely fucking insane and it's difficult to think that anyone could think otherwise.
    He's said a lot of stupid things today.

He also declared that he didn't care about the possibility of ISIS fighters held by the Kurds escaping because, basically, it wasn't our problem. He outright said he didn't care because the escaped ISIS fighter would escape to Europe.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

And if it passes with those majorities the veto will get overridden and Trump will just be humiliated.

- - - Updated - - -

He's said a lot of stupid things today. He also declared that he didn't care about the possibility of ISIS fighters held by the Kurds escaping because, basically, it wasn't our problem. He outright said he didn't care because the escaped ISIS fighter would escape to Europe.
    Oh. I forgot that. Yeah, they will override his veto to sanction Turkey to the stone age.

For crying out loud, america, can you fucking get rid of this lunatic already?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Also the British didn't help us during the revolutionary war, so we should let our diplomats do whatever they want to them.

Who here hasn't murdered someone with their car and then fled the country? It's a common situation we all find ourselves in eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Who here hasn't murdered someone with their car and then fled the country? It's a common situation we all find ourselves in eventually.
    Yup. This is the same guy who said health insurance is only $12, and probably a billion other out of touch with reality things I'm forgetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah, vetoing something with a veto proof majority is really dumb. I am not even sure it is possible, they only do that to stage a protest, it goes into law anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am not even sure it is possible, they only do that to stage a protest, it goes into law anyway.
    Of course it's possible. It just goes right back to Congress for another vote.

The question is whether the membership of a certain party relinquished their membership in Vertebrata between the two votes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters