10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So has anyone else "enjoyed" explained what impeachment means to the people around them IRL? Some of the people I know are on the verge of a meltdown. Had one friend say "because Trump's been impeached he's entitled to run a third term!" I pointed him to the 22nd Amendment.

I also made the "mistake" of pointing out Trump's BS on a friend's Facebook page when he was crying about how unfair it was since Trump "turned this country around." Never have I ever been accused of being "drunk" when discussing politics. One of the best things about posting here is I don't get notifications when a friend of a friend gets butt hurt.
    I've tried to discuss it with a few folks. I've gotten everything from Pelosi should be impeached for attempting a coup of the President to someone actually using the Civil War schtick. You just can't reason with these Cultists, and I think that's the worst part about the last three years and not just the impeachment itself.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The balls of this clown....

.... to say nobody has done more for religion than he has.
    As expected: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/47...or-calling-for

"Evangelical Trump supporters bash Christianity Today for calling for removal from office"

- - - Updated - - -

On the upside: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-trend-impotus

"George Conway's new nickname for Trump starts trend: 'IMPOTUS'"

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    As expected: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/47...or-calling-for

"Evangelical Trump supporters bash Christianity Today for calling for removal from office"
    I had to look up social gospel to see why it was bad, apparently it's literally just preaching what Jesus did in the Bible...

That says just about everything about evangelicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I had to look up social gospel to see why it was bad, apparently it's literally just preaching what Jesus did in the Bible...

That says just about everything about evangelicals.
    Yeah, apparently they prefer the Prosperity Gospel, which is where the church says "give me your money and God might reward you for giving me your money, and if he doesn't then clearly you need to give me more money."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    "George Conway's new nickname for Trump starts trend: 'IMPOTUS'"
    Well, seeing as how @Skroe coined this two years ago, I think we all know his Secret Identity.

On topic: Hey remember when...ah fuck it. US Steel closes a mill just outside Detroit --

"You already posted that."

No, that was when they were only firing 200 people. Now they're firing everyone else, over 1500 total.

To put this in perspective, "1500 jobs" is also known as "more steel jobs than Trump added in 2018, total." In fact, the US added about 3,000 steel jobs from Jan 2017 to Dec 2018. This would be half of that, gone instantly, as if --

...they were gone in a snap.

In other news,
    -- China accuses Trump of meddling with Chinese internal affairs directly during a phone call
    -- Facebook catches a Trump troll-bot farm creating Fake People
    -- Team Trump is considering the angle that Trump wasn't really impeached, on the grounds that Pelosi didn't instantly deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

"How many deadlines has Trump missed?"

Yeah, it's completely hypocritical for the man who has a record-breaking number of job vacancies to accuse someone else of being slow. Also, that would be suicide. Let's pretend, somehow, this strategy works and Trump wipes out the impeachment. Guess what? He immediately gets impeached again. And Pelosi gets to add anyone else they might have missed the first time to the witness list.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, seeing as how @Skroe coined this two years ago, I think we all know his Secret Identity.
    Holy shit, I knew it sounded familiar. Apologies, @Skroe Conway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    -- Team Trump is considering the angle that Trump wasn't really impeached, on the grounds that Pelosi didn't instantly deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate.
    They can't prosecute me if I just pretend I can't hear them! Genius, hey that reminds me...

/s

A rare apology from a Republican:

https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/st...75807806406662 "I actually didn’t know that about you and that is commendable. I apologize and should have made my point respectfully."

In response to this: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1207868810247757824 "I’ve worked my whole life to overcome a stutter. And it’s my great honor to mentor kids who have experienced the same. It’s called empathy. Look it up."

In response to a now-deleted tweet of hers that went, "I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I hhhave absolutely no idea what Biden is talking about."

I'm curious how she could have respectfully made fun of his speech patterns, but hey, baby steps.

Trump is the Golden Calf personified...

That man is going to hold on to the power whatever the cost... isn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    He knows only the scorched earth method of doing this it seems.
    He's the God Emperor. The term used is "Exterminatus".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    That man is going to hold on to the power whatever the cost... isn't he?
    Not going to lie, I kind of want to see how far he goes once he's voted out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Not going to lie, I kind of want to see how far he goes once he's voted out.
    Instantly arrested by Secret Service for trespassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Instantly arrested by Secret Service for trespassing.
    I've said it before, but I really hope he stays in the White House phantom of the opera style.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

It's called "Christianity Today" but he won't be reading "ET" again?

As if Trump actually reads anyway lol
    There is very good evidence that Trump can't read. Not that he reads, but he can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    He literally just threw together a bunch of buzzwords that make zero sense. The dumbass tweets shit like that, and apparently millions of people are just all "YEAH, FUCK THOSE PEOPLE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He literally just threw together a bunch of buzzwords that make zero sense. The dumbass tweets shit like that, and apparently millions of people are just all "YEAH, FUCK THOSE PEOPLE"
    Remember when they tried to claim that "covfefe" was a secret message that only the super smart Trump supporters would understand?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I've said it before, but I really hope he stays in the White House phantom of the opera style.
    Father once spoke of an Angel
    I used to dream he'd appear
    Now as I tweet, I can sense him
    And I know he's here

Here in this room, he calls me softly
    Somewhere inside, hiding
    Somehow I know he's always with me
    He, the unseen stable genius

Angel of lying, guide and guardian
    Grant me your bigly glory
    Angel of lying, hide no longer
    Secret and strange Angel

Holy crap!

A total Witch Hunt!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...119439878?s=19

a Trump tweet in which he linked this story.

BREAKING: Russian President Vladimir Putin says U.S. President Donald Trump's impeachment is far-fetched and predicts the U.S. Senate will reject it. https://t.co/wqZ2Yee5Mk
    He thinks Putin vindicates him. Putin, who for the millionth time, every Intelligence Agency has stated that Russia is pushing the Ukrainian story.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Remember when they tried to claim that "covfefe" was a secret message that only the super smart Trump supporters would understand?
    To be fair

Covfefe is one of his lesser mistakes, it seems almost vindictive to mock that part

Anyone can typo sometimes by hitting close kets or getting the wrong odrer

People are basically mocking him for being human