Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Quote me exactly what Trump said that was the "uh oh". Did he say go out and buy the chemical that happens to be inside that fish tank cleaner? No. He said the DRUG was showing good signs that it might help. You need to go to a doctor to get that drug anyway. It's not Trump's fault 50 IQ fuckwads took treatment into their own hands with some homemade cocktail of fish tank cleaner and soda without the consent of their doctor and ingested 4x the lethal amount.
    When you are the POTUS and you say "Drugitine is really" looking good for treating virus and Mr Man goes to the store and finds 'Drugamine" and takes it and dies POTUS is indirectly responsible. Doesn't matter the name is different he gave the idea to people who are probably panicking a bit. In that state rationale is gone

Trump's not a doctor he has no business talking about any treatments. All he should have said is "we have a few things that may work. Here's Dr Boy with more info"
    But no trump wanted something to earn brownie points. I did the same shit as a kid when I was in trouble.. saying whatever to get people off my back.

Hell how many people called to ask about injecting disinfectintant after trump suggested it? That alone means what he says carries clout

Quote me exactly what Trump said that was the "uh oh". Did he say go out and buy the chemical that happens to be inside that fish tank cleaner? No. He said the DRUG was showing good signs that it might help.
    "Won't someone rid me of this meddlesome priest!?"

"What?! I didn't ask anyone to kill them!"

Same argument. And also, why you don't see non-medical professionals advocating untested drugs to treat new diseases. This is some basic shit, dude. It's his fault, without him "musing" about it, there's no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    When you are the POTUS and you say "Drugitine is really" looking good for treating virus and Mr Man goes to the store and finds 'Drugamine" and takes it and dies POTUS is indirectly responsible. Doesn't matter the name is different he gave the idea to people who are probably panicking a bit. In that state rationale is gone

Trump's not a doctor he has no business talking about any treatments. All he should have said is "we have a few things that may work. Here's Dr Boy with more info"
    But no trump wanted something to earn brownie points. I did the same shit as a kid when I was in trouble.. saying whatever to get people off my back.

Hell how many people called to ask about injecting disinfectintant after trump suggested it? That alone means what he says carries clout
    It's required to get a prescription from the doctor to get Hydroxychloroquine... you can't jsut go to the store and get it dude. The disinfectant comment is correctly the "uh oh" moment that Trump was completely just idiotically wrong about. Stop misdirecting when proven wrong about the fish tank cleaner people. I can disagree with Trump's fault for certain things and agree with fault for other things..

Chloroquine phosphate is a chemical for aquarium use because it kills algae. It's commercially available for purchase at stores and online.

The national health alert comes after a Phoenix-area man died and his wife was hospitalized after taking the chemical they believed could help protect against coronavirus.

Last Sunday, the couple, both in their 60s, took the aquarium-use chemical, and within 30 minutes, the two experienced severe side effects, requiring admittance to a nearby hospital. The man died, and his wife remains under critical care, according to a hospital spokesperson.

The product in their possession was in powder form inside a 2.2-lb. container and labeled "for Ornamental Fish Use Only."
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-05-05 at 04:52 PM.

Orange man bad, he say things and people take out of context so his fault. Childish response to put blame where no blame should be put on other than the dumbass who ingested fish tank cleaner.

It's required to get a prescription from the doctor to get Hydroxychloroquine... you can't jsut go to the store and get it dude. The disinfectant comment is correctly the "uh oh" moment. Stop misdirecting when proven wrong about the fish tank cleaner people.
    In my silly example 'Drugamine is the doctor required drug and Drugitine can be bought at Walmart. They sound similar so people confuse them. Mr Man wouldn't of taken the drug of trump didn't tout it. That's the point.. he didn't wake up and go huh that sounds like fun and it'll hurt the president!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Orange man bad, he say things and people take out of context so his fault. Childish response to put blame where no blame should be put on other than the dumbass who ingested fish tank cleaner.
    How old were you, when you knew better? How old were you, before you knew better than what Trump said?

Edit: god damn it... if people I ask keep getting banned, how am I ever going to get an answer? lol
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-05 at 05:03 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Would Mr Man have taken fish cleaner without trump touting a different but similar sounding drug?

More like, Orange man bad, and has a lot of tremendously stupid fans who will gladly follow him off a cliff. He has a responsibility to those mentally challenged followers, not to give them any really dumb ideas that could get them killed, because they honestly don't know any better.

Would Mr Man have taken fish cleaner without trump touting a different but similar sounding drug?
    So whenever someone goes on TV, they have to say "by the way, don't take fish tank cleaner, don't take toilet bowl cleaner, don't take window washing fluid, don't take engine oil, don't eat lube, don't eat rat poison, don't eat etc etc etc etc.??" Your burden of liability is just completely ridiculous. The bottle itself said "not for human consumption". At some point there is a level of personal responsibility that is required to live in this world and you can't just point to "the man".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote me EXACTLY where he said to use the chemical in fish tank cleaner.
    *ahem*

"What do you have to lose, I'll say it again, what do you have to lose? Take it. I really think they should take it."

Wanna see the video?

And that's the end of that discussion. Next topic.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-05-05 at 05:04 PM.

So whenever someone goes on TV, they have to say "by the way, don't take fish tank cleaner, don't take toilet bowl cleaner, don't take window washing fluid, don't take engine oil, don't eat lube, don't eat rat poison, don't eat etc etc etc etc.??" Your burden of liability is just completely ridiculous.
    It's a yes no question would he have done it if trump didn't tout it?

"What do you have to lose?" Mr Trump said. "It's been out there for a long time. What do you have to lose? I hope they use it."

"I may take it. I have to ask my doctors," he added.
    Yeah, I just don't see where Trump may have been a catalyst for people taking a drug they thought was the one he was talking about.

/s

*EDIT: Bleh, Breccia beat me to it.

So whenever someone goes on TV, they have to say "by the way, don't take fish tank cleaner, don't take toilet bowl cleaner, don't take window washing fluid, don't take engine oil, don't eat lube, don't eat rat poison, don't eat etc etc etc etc.??"
    No. But a person in a position of authority shouldn't casually suggest doing such.

Because normally, people don't. So this is never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yeah, I just don't see where Trump may have been a catalyst for people taking a drug they thought was the one he was talking about.

/s

*EDIT: Bleh, Breccia beat me to it.
    It wasn't a drug. It was a chemical found in fish tank cleaner labeled "not for human consumption" and clearly had a different purpose and name than the thing Trump said.. jesus christ. You people just don't believe in personal responsibility at all do you?

Are you saying medicine commercials need to have a disclosure to not take other medications that sound sort of somewhat obscurely similar?

Tylenol commercial: By the way don't confuse us for Bytethenol (random name came up on the spot)!
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-05-05 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So whenever someone goes on TV, they have to say "by the way, don't take fish tank cleaner, don't take toilet bowl cleaner, don't take window washing fluid, don't take engine oil, don't eat lube, don't eat rat poison, don't eat etc etc etc etc.??" Your burden of liability is just completely ridiculous. The bottle itself said "not for human consumption". At some point there is a level of personal responsibility that is required to live in this world and you can't just point to "the man".
    Trump spent millions on the drug, hastily wasting tax payer money. For it turn out to be harmful to covid victims. At the same time, shortages caused by Trump’s haste, resulted in people with Lupus not getting their medicine. Yet... you talk about TV...

It wasn't a drug. It was a chemical found in fish tank cleaner labeled "not for human consumption".. jesus christ. You people just don't believe in personal responsibility at all do you?
    Who is responsible for shortages for people with Lupus? Who is to blame for Trump jumping the gun and pulling it, to be shipped to Florida?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Early numbers are already showing nearly 1000 more deaths today (A lot from New York, of course, but Pennsylvania is getting hammered today as well). I'll be a few hours late with my usual daily roundup the rest of this week since I have to head in for the night shift here, but from what I'm seeing now we'll likely be over 2k again unless things settle down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump spent millions on the drug, hastily wasting tax payer money
    You are talking about chloroquine phosphate, the same chemical in both anti-malarial drugs and also fish tank cleaner, right? Something that only a member of the rabid fanbase would try to claim were different things rather than admit they backed a lying loser? Yes, Trump pushed chloroquine and he did it on purpose. Wanna see the video?

It's true you shouldn't drink fish tank cleaner, that shit'll kill you, but it's also true the same chemical is in both. Think mercury in vaccines, it's a relatively close parallel.

Regardless, even the people who are have now moved the goalposts into another sport "Show me where he said to drink fish tank cleaner" already know they've lost. Even if Trump hadn't intentionally attracted an intentionally ill-informed rabid fanbase, he still pushed for drugs that hadn't been tested, suggested there was nothing to lose, recommended they try it, and did so all on live TV that he knew he was on. The drugs were tested and showed they were, if anything, more lethal than regular treatment, so the fish tank cleaner part is hilarious but irrelevant. Trump pushed an unhelpful, untested drug and he did it on purpose.

And of course, they're awfully quiet on Trump saying something so stupid Lysol and Chlorox had to release official statements saying "don't shoot up with our product". Because after Trump pushed chloroquine, people actually drank fish tank cleaner because it had the same ingredient. Both companies were afraid that someone would buy their product and use it to hurt or kill themselves. They spent time and money and effort to combat this.

Trump pushed multiple methods of "treatment" that were worse than doing nothing, and he did it without any useful evidence they'd help and every doctor now says not to use them. Nothing any member of the rabid fanbase can say will change that. They backed a lying lethal loser and are so desperate to change the narrative they're now moving the goalposts into another stadium of another sport in another town.

They know they're wrong. They know they've lost. This discussion is over. Facts won. Move on.

Early numbers are already showing nearly 1000 more deaths today (A lot from New York, of course, but Pennsylvania is getting hammered today as well). I'll be a few hours late with my usual daily roundup the rest of this week since I have to head in for the night shift here, but from what I'm seeing now we'll likely be over 2k again unless things settle down.
    We know there is a serious undercounting in the number of cases and mortalities. There are Texas counties along the border with Louisiana that still show no COVID-19 cases. While the adjacent bordering Louisiana counties' hospitals are swamped with COVID-19 cases. Although it is not impossible, it does seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    We know there is a serious undercounting in the number of cases and mortalities. There are Texas counties along the border with Louisiana that still show no COVID-19 cases. While the adjacent bordering Louisiana counties' hospitals are swamped with COVID-19 cases. Although it is not impossible, it does seem unlikely.
    Oh I know. We all know. We also read the reports that Florida is no longer reporting many cases. I just base my updates on the confirmed cases, however--and those are damning enough even if some states aren't reporting correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You think because some idiots said something it’s true?
    *ahem*

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

And that's just the False/Pants on Fire April and March. I'll throw in one more, Feb 29th, just to make a point:

Our Ruling

Trump said the media distorted his "Russia, if you’re listening" comment in 2016 by cutting out "the laugher, the joke."

The laughter was not cut. The full video shows that no laughter followed.

Trump has recast the delivery and response of his 2016 press conference in an effort to distort the media’s coverage. We rate this statement False.
    Trump supporters are not allowed to use "You think because some idiots said something it’s true?" Trump supporters follow an objective liar constantly. And you know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    We know there is a serious undercounting in the number of cases and mortalities.
    There is ongoing discussion about that. Axios just did a poll in which America, and independents, plurality said deaths were being undercounted (44-45%) to about right (31-32%) to overcounted (23-24%).

Democrats majority believe deaths are being undercounted. Meanwhile, the Party of Trump and FOX News watchers think they're overcounted.

The same poll also shows trust in government is plunging, except at the state level, where states holding stay-at-home orders like California have dropped the least while Texas and Florida have dropped the most.

And Axios ends with this:

The available data suggests those who believe we're undercounting coronavirus deaths may be right, says Axios health care editor Sam Baker.

Many deaths aren't officially attributed to the coronavirus because not enough people have been tested for the virus. Preliminary evidence suggests it has in fact killed thousands more people than official records indicate.

Several hard-hit states have seen about 50% more deaths than normal over the past few weeks, per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data, and New York City's death rate is about three times higher than normal, per The New York Times.
    Basically, the only way a rabid fanbase member who watches FOX News would be correct, is if a bunch of tests are shown to be false positives. At which point, they'd immediately have the follow-up problem of Trump continuing to give out broken tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Cuomo: Death estimates rising because states are reopening

So just throwing it out there: I don't think enough states have opened long enough for the death count to be rising already as a result.

Also,

69,921 dead, 1,324 in the last 24-hour period of the 4th (GMT).
    the death count seems to be dropping. I think Cuomo spoke too soon.