10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "relatively benign course"
    Compared to the millions if Trump did literally nothing, yes, but that's how low the bar is set.

And this is a stupid thing to say considering even the WH now says another fifty thousand plus are likely to die this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Vietnam was a rather benign war, too, I imagine.
    A good reminder that Trump couldn’t serve because of bone spurs. We are supposed to act like covid is nothing, but bone spurs precluded Trump from going to Vietnam.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Compared to the millions if Trump did literally nothing, yes, but that's how low the bar is set.

And this is a stupid thing to say considering even the WH now says another fifty thousand plus are likely to die this year.

Man, all these conservative groups trying to dunk on Obama during the early days sure come off as raging fucking assholes nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, all these conservative groups trying to dunk on Obama during the early days sure come off as raging fucking assholes nowadays.
    What’s with the image distortion on Obama? He looks like the third JFK shooter.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's a conservative FB group image. Just like liberal groups, they always either pick one of the least flattering pictures of whoever they don't like, or they add some affects to it to add a more significant contrast between "bad guy" and "good guy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Obama was damn photogenic. And the orange Chungus in most definately not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no word of what Obama actually did that was so "evil", i mean we all know there's no smoking gun this is simply a repeat of tactics used on Hilary but this time they even got less to go on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Still no word of what Obama actually did that was so "evil", i mean we all know there's no smoking gun this is simply a repeat of tactics used on Hilary but this time they even got less to go on.
    We all know what he did! It two words!

First starts with the letter D and the second starts with the letter B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    We all know what he did! It two words!

First starts with the letter D and the second starts with the letter B
    Democrat and Black?

5+ Year Old Account
    Democrat and Black?
    Exactly, but we also all know they will never admit it’s that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Exactly, but we also all know they will never admit it’s that.
    Considering racism is still a taboo subject and being biased against coloured people is considered "common sense and not racist". Hardly surprising.
    To admit to that, is to admit being racist what very few openly are willing to do or they even believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    She's pretty perfect for her job, isn't she?
    How will fox react to this? Are they going to continue to push Trump, as he shifts to an even more favorable channel?

10+ Year Old Account
    How will fox react to this? Are they going to continue to push Trump, as he shifts to an even more favorable channel?
    Do they even have any other choice in this? Considering they put all their apples in the Trump basket and even went as far as firing people who dared to question just about anything that was said.

If Trump supporters stop watching them, what demographic do they even have left?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will require massive rewriting of history.

According to the H1N1 2009 timeline on cdc.gov so there will be no blaming Fake News today! Even this picture!

No really, follow the link, that's an actual picture on the actual CDC site.

Anyhow here is what they list:

April 15
    First human infection with new influenza A H1N1 virus detected in California.

April 17
    Second human infection with the new influenza A H1N1 virus detected in California about 130 miles away from first infection, with no known connection to previous patient.

April 21
    CDC publicly reported the first two U.S. infections with the new H1N1 virus.
    CDC began working to develop a candidate vaccine virus.

April 24
    US govt tells the country containment is not very likely

April 26
    The United States Government declared 2009 H1N1 a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and CDC began releasing 25% of antiviral drugs needed to treat this new influenza virus from the federal stockpile.

April 28
    The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new CDC test to detect 2009 H1N1 infections
    CDC issued the first CDC Interim Guidance on Closing Schools and Childcare Facilities, recommending a 7-day dismissal in affected schools and childcare facilities with laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza A H1N1 virus.

So to recap: first infection April 15, public health emergency declared April 26. Now, I don't have deaths by days here, but, I do have this Reuters article that reports the first death in the US. It is dated April 29.

Anyone who uses the above picture as evidence is a fucking liar.

"But Breccia! Maybe they're talking about the re-upping of the emergency when later waves hit in 2009!"

That's an interesting point, but considering COVID-19 hasn't gotten there, and also considering the way the captions are listed, that's at best horrifyingly dishonest and at worst also horrifyingly dishonest because there's no wiggle room with that few words.

Also, I invite any Trump supporter who might be listening to click on that first link, the cdc.gov timeline, which has some WHO milestones I intentionally left out. Ask yourself "who was first, Obama or the WHO?" then ask yourself "who was first, Trump or the WHO?" I look forward to hearing your answer.
    HINT: It's a trap. You already know the answers. Don't waste your time. H1N1 started in North America, giving Obama a head start over Trump. It's not a fair comparison

Now, I do want to get out ahead of this one: Trump did declare a public health emergency Jan 31. By then, two Californians had already died. But we didn't know that yet. Those are revised numbers and take into consideration there being no tests. So the second half of the picture is "correct enough", which is as much as you're going to get today.

The picture Edge- linked is factually false.

"But Breccia! Perhaps they meant to say National Emergency."

Maybe they meant to say that, but they didn't. Oh, and even if they did, Trump declared that March 13th and people had already died by then, making the picture wrong by infinity bazillion percent. Therefore, there's no saving it. It's a lie. It's either 100 percent wrong, or infinity bazillion percent wrong. Take your pick.

And I would like to end with these new developments:

1) This quote:

My concern is that if some areas, city, states or what have you, jump over those various checkpoints and prematurely open up without having the capability of being able to respond effectively and efficiently, my concern is that we will start to see little spikes that might turn into outbreaks
    -- Fauci, to the Senate, under oath

Was followed by this back-and-forth between Rand Paul and Fauci:

As much as I respect you, Dr. Fauci, I don't think you're the end all. I don't think you're the one person that gets to make a decision. We can listen to your advice, but there are people on the other side saying there's not going to be a surge, that we can safely reopen the economy, and the facts will bear this out.

I don't give advice about anything other than public health
    2) This quote:

The Chinese Communist Party’s continued suppression of the truth amid the coronavirus outbreak cannot go uncheckedl. This legislation would authorize the President to take appropriate actions against the Chinese government to ensure similar outbreaks do not happen in the future.
    -- A GOP Senator explaining a bill that allows Trump to sanction China for this. Which means the GOP have given up on Phase One and by proxy any trade deal with China at all. Also, since when did Trump need a bill for sanctions? Has he needed one yet? This just makes the rest of the Party of Trump complicit, unless there's a loophole I'm missing. It's yet another massive failure of Trump's diplomacy and dealmaking skills, which is saying a lot because the Afghan government just resumed military operations against the Taliban terrorists and that's pretty bad itself.

Looks like Pelosi's idea to roll back the SALT cap made it into the bill. (h/t @danielmarans) https://t.co/r4pQRRgmg9

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/stat...875026436?s=19

Ugh. What is going on? This is added into the Democrat stimulus bill and yes we can argue it might be a negotiation piece.

Yes, Republicans definitely effed blue states with this tax increase, but I don't think this should be part of a stimulus bill.

If the argument also is score political points if Republicans want this removed, I would think the fact they got screwed in the first place is enough.

Oh btw Trumpkins, likely the reason you lost suburban voters especially in Orange county and other.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Ugh. What is going on?
    Nancy Pelosi's idea to retroactively lift the limit on state and local tax deductions would be almost useless for people who need the most help

"Hey, that's from March!"

It's still valid to current content.

Pelosi said the change could be made for people who filed their 2018 and 2019 taxes, allowing them to get more money back from the federal government.

"They'd have more disposable income, which is the lifeblood of our economy, a consumer economy that we are," the California Democrat said.

Yet that measure would do almost nothing for most people catching the economic brunt of the virus' fallout, like hourly workers. Instead, the tax cut would shower wealthier households with additional cash to spend.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget found in an analysis last year that repealing the SALT cap would primarily benefit millionaires with a tax cut of nearly $60,000 per year.
    This was either a mistake, a trap ("Hey the GOP voted against this, here are their names") or kitchen sink policy. This would work as well as the payroll tax cut -- poorly -- and it's past April 15.

(checks news)

Oh right, taxes aren't due yet. Technically. Well it's still either mystifying or a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also a fundamental problem. Trump has repeatedly claimed that the president is basically all powerful and untouchable. Can't be investigated. Should be allowed to do whatever he wants with whatever information he wants.

So for him to try to claim Obama exceeded his authority in some corrupt manner runs completely counter to his own view of the unitary executive.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I know you love Trump records!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...rtan-ntp-feeds

The United States on Tuesday reported a record $738 billion budget deficit in April as an explosion in government spending and a shrinking of revenues amid the novel coronavirus pandemic pushed it deeply into the red

Not that he didn't already hold the record....

The previous record budget deficit for any month was $235 billion in February 2020.

And another record

The fiscal year-to-date deficit surged to $1.48 trillion compared to a $531 billion deficit in the comparable period in 2019, blasting past the previous monthly deficit record of $870 billion in April 2011.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

CIA and fbi were investigating his campaign because they couldnt stop getting help from the russians and turks.
    FBI had surveillance on charles lindbergh because he was a nazi asset.
    weird to see so many "america first" patriots defending russians