Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Can you answert his question, though?
    Nah, I think that would be a waste of my time. Much like debunking Hillary's win projections a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Is that sentence even supposed to make sense?

I mean, if all you're left with are lame insults, and you can't even make that work for you...
    It's still more than your makebelieve fairytales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Nah, I think that would be a waste of my time. Much like debunking Hillary's win projections a couple of years back.

Ok, lets see what happened in the last election (the mid-terms):

The GOP got trounced, hard. And they've been bleeding numbers ever since.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. I've never been to a rally as big as a million nineteen thousand almost 6200 people, but I'm looking at these pictures and seeing packed crowds of maskless people. As you can see from the article I posted on the subject myself, the test results of those six staffers wasn't released until that very day. I'm having a really hard time believing that people would go all the way to that rally, get into packed crowds of maskless people while cheering Trump, then when they're told six staffers tested positive but were quarantined before meeting attendees, that's when they said "Nope!" and vanished. It'd be akin to getting to Phase 3 of Heroic N'Zoth and suddenly the MT says "Whoa whoa WHOA! Nobody said anything about killing an Old God! I'm out!" and Alt-F4's on you.
    Bad analogy. I've literally done this with a group who I knew was not going to be able to kill N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ok, lets see what happened in the last election (the mid-terms):

The GOP got trounced, hard. And they've been bleeding numbers ever since.
    This is what gets me. Absolute trouncing in the mid terms and they've literally made the country worse in almost every way since then. What have they done in order to get support to at least match the mid-terms?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still more than your makebelieve fairytales.
    What makebelieve fairytales would those be?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Bad analogy. I've literally done this with a group who I knew was not going to be able to kill N'zoth.
    I think you might have missed the reason being the important part of the analogy. Or, did you actually develop a sudden moral aversion to deocide instead of, you know, saying "the loot isn't worth it"?

One thing worth noting:

The Trump campaign did cut off tickets at any point.

Despite all the zoomers and kpop stans reserving tickets, there was no "shortage" preventing Trump supporters from going. And their actions weren't known about until AFTER the rally began.

Trump just couldn't bring more than 6K people to an event. He can't even excite his own base enough to get them to risk their health to show up and clap for him as he drinks a glass of water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump attempts to block another book through legal tactics, yes his niece this time.

And...just, wow.

In his first public comments on the matter, President Trump told Axios that his niece, Mary Trump, is "not allowed" to write her forthcoming book about him because doing so would violate a nondisclosure agreement she signed.

Driving the news: "She's not allowed to write a book," Trump told me. "You know, when we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with — she's got a brother, Fred, who I do have a good relationship with, but when we settled, she has a total ... signed a nondisclosure."

Trump said his niece's nondisclosure agreement with him was a "very powerful one. ... It covers everything."

Trump's comments to Axios confirm a Daily Beast story from last week, which broke the news of the NDA.

"Mary Trump signed an NDA following a 2001 settlement after litigation disputing Fred Trump’s estate, according to people familiar with the matter. That NDA states she is not allowed to publish anything regarding the litigation or her relationship with Donald, Maryanne, and Robert."
    How bad of a person do you have to be, to force your own family to sign a NDA that prevents them from saying anything? Wait, don't only guilty people plead the Fifth? Because this sounds like Trump is pleading the Fifth.

Trump attempts to block another book through legal tactics, yes his niece this time.

And...just, wow.

How bad of a person do you have to be, to force your own family to sign a NDA that prevents them from saying anything? Wait, don't only guilty people plead the Fifth? Because this sounds like Trump is pleading the Fifth.
    You say that and then you remember the Cheetos dusted shit stain of a person you are talking about and it all makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: So are Kushner and Ivanka.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are "pissed" at campaign manager Brad Parscale over his predictions of a much larger crowd than the one that turned out at the Tulsa rally Saturday night, according to a Trump campaign source.

"Jared and Ivanka are pissed at Brad over promising on crowd size," the source said.

A separate campaign source said Trump also "has every right to be pissed" over the turnout in Tulsa.

"They gave adversaries and media a gift. It was overconfidence," the source said of Parscale and other campaign staffers close to the planning of the event.

Campaign officials should rethink the idea of holding rallies inside arenas and begin contemplating more open-air venues like aircraft hangars, the source continued.

Parscale was already under pressure inside the Trump campaign, the adviser said, as the President has occasionally expressed disappointment in his performance over the last several weeks.

Parscale is facing a "decline of confidence," from Trump's inner circle, the adviser added.

"Kellyanne (Conway), (Paul) Manafort and Corey (Lewandowski) never had rally size issues," the adviser said of Trump's former campaign managers.
    So, should we start a pool?

Ivanka and Kushner deny it, of course, but Trump probably made them sign and NDA like he did with other family members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    You say that and then you remember the Cheetos dusted shit stain of a person you are talking about and it all makes sense.
    Exactly. By the way, I don't think this new book has any classified intel. It's due out July 28th, that's time enough to block it, but due out next month = the book is done barring typofixes and font adjustments, basically.

UPDATE: So are Kushner and Ivanka.

So, should we start a pool?

Ivanka and Kushner deny it, of course, but Trump probably made them sign and NDA like he did with other family members.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. By the way, I don't think this new book has any classified intel. It's due out July 28th, that's time enough to block it, but due out next month = the book is done barring typofixes and font adjustments, basically.
    I get images in my head of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with Trump as the Queen of Hearts with tiny baby hands instead of a tiny body screaming "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" and the guards come in to drag away Brad Parscale pleading with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one article has two points of interest. I mean, it has more, I'm quoting two.

One:

On the same day of the rally, Tulsa County reported it's highest one-day increase in coronavirus cases so far, with 136 new positive cases.
    Two:

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I get images in my head of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with Trump as the Queen of Hearts with tiny baby hands instead of a tiny body screaming "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" and the guards come in to drag away Brad Parscale pleading with him.
    ...Sounds like you're getting less sleep than *I* am.

Quick COVID-19 update: Even though today is a "lull" day in terms of reporting Florida has still reported about 3.5k cases, which is more than the highest they had on ANY day up until a couple days ago. The corrections won't come through until Tuesday, but I think coupled with the second "lull" day tomorrow it's probable they could crack 5k.

It's been a bad pain day, so I haven't done as much research, but cursory glances shows the same states as before still posting 1k+ today through the typically low-report day. We might see death counts spike up above 1k again by the end of next week if things get bad enough.

Stay safe, folks.

This one article has two points of interest. I mean, it has more, I'm quoting two.

One:

Two:

Trump loves this famous quote by John F Kennedy "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what risks you will take for you and your family in order to feed my ego." Everyone thinks the quote ends with "but what you can do for your country" but that is purely the Mandela effect and only Trump is correctly saying the quote.

Save your graphs for november, that way at least you'll have something to wipe your ass on when local loonies raid your Target shop for all the toilet paper .
    What do you even mean? Because clearly, the toilet paper was hoarded by loonies from all political camps. As we know, stupidity is universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    We might see death counts spike up above 1k again by the end of next week if things get bad enough.
    While it does seem like Florida and Texas are breaking more records than a DJ during an earthquake, so far I'm heartened that the massive increase in cases y'all getting aren't leading to the same proportional increase in deaths yet. I'd like to assume that means hospitals are getting better at catching and treating the virus -- they've had plenty of practice, sadly.

A move back above 1,000 deaths on a day would be pretty significant proof that we're doing things wrong. At this point, I don't think we're going to point to spikes of deaths conveniently a set number of days after an event like Memorial Day, July 4, Trump's rally...bad example, nobody was there. Instead, the fact that the US as a whole is barely declining in deaths and cases, when compared to any first-world country in particular, is just a sign that people are choosing not to be safe.

The best thing you can do, is make sure you're not one of them.

While it does seem like Florida and Texas are breaking more records than a DJ during an earthquake, so far I'm heartened that the massive increase in cases y'all getting aren't leading to the same proportional increase in deaths yet. I'd like to assume that means hospitals are getting better at catching and treating the virus -- they've had plenty of practice, sadly.
    The REAL increases have just started happening the past few days. It's been steadily increasing for about a month or so, but the past week the numbers have really shot up. I read last week that Arizona's hospitals were starting to get strained and mentioned earlier that I have no data on Florida hospitals...it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to be close to overwhelmed given their population if things get too bad.

I'm also hopeful that the medical community has figured out how to deal with this with fewer casualties, but that also means they can't be stretched past their limits.

i know jerry nadler is all " we cant impeach again because its not politically expedient"
    but i cant help but think if a democrat had done this with a republican house he would be impeached and there would be 24/7 news coverage
    and were just like " oh thats trump being trump"

Well, it does seem like positive cases are rising in youth, which are much less likely to lead to death. I imagine death rates will continue to stagnate, if not go down per capita. The question is if those youth will properly quarantine and not expose vulnerable people. The elderly in the country seemed to have locked their shit down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

i know jerry nadler is all " we cant impeach again because its not politically expedient"
    but i cant help but think if a democrat had done this with a republican house he would be impeached and there would be 24/7 news coverage
    and were just like " oh thats trump being trump"
    I think the first impeachment was important, even though it didn't do much to dent Trump's popularity or bolster confidence in Congressional Dems. That's the moment of saying, "Hey, this is enough, let's do this."

Further impeachments can only hurt us politically, and Nadler's point is well taken: Congressional Republicans are too corrupt to actually give impeachment a fair hearing. Furthermore, we don't get to say "Hey, this is enough" again, we've already passed that line Dems declared unconstitutional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gentlemen, you wanted to see it, and here it is:

Bolton will vote for Biden.

In 2016 I voted for Trump over Hillary Clinton. “Now, having seen this president up close, I cannot do this again. My concern is for the country, and he does not represent the Republican cause that I want to back.

The president does not have a philosophical grounding or strategy. He does not know the difference between the national interest of the U.S., and the interests of Donald Trump. There is confusion over the national interest and his personal interest, which is very dangerous for the country.

When you are in a senior position you have an obligation to tell the truth. I was concerned after 17 months in the administration that he (Mr Trump) did not have the requisite competence to be president, and the American people need to know about that.
    Bolton was hired by Trump on purpose, and worked with Trump for (as he says) about half of Trump's tenure. And he just called Trump not just a Fake Republican, but also a danger to this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And of course Trump was using music without permission again. Tom Petty's family seems pretty furious that he was using "I Won't Back Down" at his rally.
    UPDATE: Cease and desist order filed.

We want to make it clear that everyone is free to vote as they like, think as they like, but the Petty family doesn’t stand for this. We believe in America and we believe in democracy. But Donald Trump is not representing the noble ideals of either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to touch on something that happened late Friday night - the attempted forced resignation of Geoffrey Berman, the powerful US attorney for the Southern District of New York. I'm sure it's already been discussed, but I was at Denali all weekend, and while there is plenty of vistas, there is no service. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth - I highly recommend visiting if you ever have the chance.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman found out he resigned Friday night from a press release issued by the Department of Justice.

He refused.

Read that again. You can not read that too many times. When someone high up on the Executive side is resigned (yes, that's now a verb - thank you Trump) they are done, gone. Don't come back, we'll mail your clothes. Berman told Attorney General Barr to go fuck himself. There is no other way to phrase what Berman did - flat out refused, told everyone he was still hard at work, made the DoJ look like fools - which hasn't been difficult lately (thank you @Breccia for keeping us up to date in at least that category, and so many more), and probably spent another all nighter tiding things up.

Tiding what up, you ask?

Well, it will be no shock that yet another midnight massacre firing of high level Executive officials has become Trump's de jour method of protecting his criminal friend and associates and business partners. Berman was in charge of literally a litany of investigations into Trump's friends and associates, including but not limited to, Guiliani and those two Russia guys Rudi dealt with. Berman getting fired means he was getting close and Trump wanted to keep the dogs away. So what could Berman have been doing during that Friday night and into Saturday (he agreed to step down on Saturday)?

My guess is copying every single file he had - both evidentiary and summary and profile - and sending it to his New York State and City counterparts. I would be shocked if they weren't already sharing everything involved with investigating Trump and his Crime Family, but the all-nighter was probably a final session, along with making sure Berman's deputy was ready to take over (he will be in charge until a new U.S. Attorney can be confirmed).

We'll see how this plays out and what kind of investigations culminate in indictments if Trump is out come January. Berman might have some job offers should Biden win out.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-06-21 at 11:40 PM.