10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Has he announced it will be at his property?
    A bunch of world leaders in close quarters with a person and in a property owned by an anti-vaxxer in the middle of a pandemic that equates wearing a mask and social distancing with being unmasculine?

That could only end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    We're aware of the surge of burner accounts that are harassing users and spamming threads. Sometimes it takes more time to locate every account and we're not always available to get them immediately. While you're not required to do this, we'd advise you not to entertain them in any manner. It encourages them to escalate their behavior and target specific users that respond to their antics. It also assists them in derailing discussion and spamming threads until they're cleaned out. Reporting and ignoring their posts is preferred.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hey I know let's kick the legit G7 and invite the country kicked out.
    Just a reminder: Russia was kicked out because Russia invaded Ukraine.

Which Trump said did not happen, was challenged on that, then What He Meant Was'd that Russia would not have done it if Trump was in charge at the time.

Russia attacked the election and Trump asked them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ever since his position has been that Russia invading Crimea was somehow Obama's fault and nobody else deserves any blame. Pathetic little man.
    Let's not forget the pivot that it was Ukraine that attacked the election. That one still boggles the mind, based purely on the number of admitted Ukrainian agents Trump hired on purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you needed anymore evidence how incompetent and racist Republican governing is, tonight is the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    If you needed anymore evidence how incompetent and racist Republican governing is, tonight is the night.
    A little more never hurt:
    NC governor: Trump insisted on convention with no face masks or social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Let him, those people can learn a few lessons about the virus.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

George Floyd's brother, Philonise, on his conversation w/ Pres Trump on @MSNBC: "It was so fast. He didn't give me the opportunity to even speak. It was hard. I was trying to talk to him but he just kept like pushing me off like 'I don’t want to hear what you’re talking about.'"
    https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1...490531330?s=19

I'm betting Floyd's brother is not a Trump fan. I could be wrong.

The problem is Trump in past 3 years, Trump has shown no empathy and narcassim. So I'm believing Floyd's brother for now.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-05-31 at 04:34 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1...490531330?s=19

I'm betting Floyd's brother is not a Trump fan. I could be wrong.

The problem is Trump in past 3 years has shown no empathy and narcassim. So I'm believing Floyd's brother for now.
    Even if it isn't the truth the issue is that you believe it no matter what because of the kind of person Trump is and he would absolutely do something like this. I mean this is a man that held up a baby whose parents were killed smiling to get a photo and bitched about some people not being grateful enough. The man has no concept of empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've seen this before. NC was insisting that any gatherings be done safely, and Trump's team is now looking at moving to a state that lets them risk people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We've seen this before. NC was insisting that any gatherings be done safely, and Trump's team is now looking at moving to a state that lets them risk people's lives.
    Yes, and it's happening again. Except now it's coming down to the wire for the RNC to figure out if they're going to go with whatever Trump decides or spontaneously grow a collective spine.

Yes, and it's happening again. Except now it's coming down to the wire for the RNC to figure out if they're going to go with whatever Trump decides or spontaneously grow a collective spine.
    Well we know that won't happen, at least when you base it off previous chances of having a spine.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's coming down to the wire for the RNC to figure out if they're going to go with whatever Trump decides or spontaneously grow a collective spine.
    In a more general sense, they've made their choice. They've chosen to be the Party of Trump. It's why they choose to interpret Trump's lies and misinformation, rather than say "no, that's wrong". They know they can no longer be elected without the rabid fanbase.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In a more general sense, they've made their choice. They've chosen to be the Party of Trump. It's why they choose to interpret Trump's lies and misinformation, rather than say "no, that's wrong". They know they can no longer be elected without the rabid fanbase.
    I know we've talked at length about this situation - but this is the first time I've seen it phrased this directly, or at least it's the first time I've fully processed it. Utterly frightening. Because it is extremely difficult to defeat a rabid, insane, willfully ignorant, violent and racist base like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I know we've talked at length about this situation - but this is the first time I've seen it phrased this directly, or at least it's the first time I've fully processed it. Utterly frightening. Because it is extremely difficult to defeat a rabid, insane, willfully ignorant, violent and racist base like that.
    Converting them and defeating them are two different things.

In many cases, they're beyond conversion. Trump can do no wrong, and any media saying anything negative against him is lying. That mindset is so dangerously ingrained that changing it is nearly impossible. But you don't need to convert them because you can defeat them, politically. Trump has never held a majority popular opinion in the eyes of the American public. His followers, loud as they may be, are, and always have been, a minority.

They can rant and rave and be as belligerent as they want. But if they hold no actual legislative power? It's just impotent rage from a dying political philosophy at that point. And I'm more than willing to put up with having to suffer some hot air from them as they pass into an embarrassing note in the history books if it means they've lost any actual representative power. And that all starts by removing the man that leads them: Trump.

In essence, politically cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    David Gergen, as in "Gergen and Shields", as in "Worked for Reagan, worked for Ford, worked for Nixon", wrote this opinion piece about how Trump is silent on the pandemic that's killed enough Americans to take out Super Bowl 50, including everyone in the stands, everyone working a stall or security, both teams including their crews, every reporter and cameraman, and for good measure anyone in the parking lot. Instead, he tweeted.

But we know that. I'll quote the good part.

I remember with absolute clarity the Challenger disaster in 1986. One saw the plumes of the rising space craft against a bright blue sky -- and then that horrific explosion as it instantly disappeared. Ronald Reagan was one of the few presidents in our history who expressed our emotions so well in a moment of shock and mourning. For hour upon hour, the networks had replayed the explosion, and it seemed so meaningless. But then Reagan used his speech to replace that picture in our minds with a different one: the astronauts waving goodbye. They became our heroes, especially as Reagan (drawing upon speechwriter Peggy Noonan) closed with lines from a World War II poem: "We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to 'touch the face of God.'"

One thinks, too, of Bill Clinton traveling to Oklahoma City after the bombing there of a federal building in 1995. Clinton, like Reagan, was at his best when he captured tangled emotions and gave meaning to deaths of some of our finest citizens. He not only consoled families in private but moved the nation when he mourned them publicly. As I recall, that's when presidents were first called "Mourners in Chief" -- a phrase that has been applied repeatedly to presidents since. (Not coincidentally, Clinton's speech of mourning in Oklahoma City is widely credited with resurrecting his presidency, then in the doldrums.)

One remembers, too, George W. Bush standing on the top of a crushed police car in the rubble of the World Trade Center bombing. When a first responder said he couldn't hear the President, Bush responded through his bullhorn: "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

One also remembers Barack Obama flying again and again to speak at gravesites where young children or church parishioners were being buried, victims gunned down in a gun-obsessed nation. Thinking about the mass shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston, one's mind returns to the image of the President of the United States leading a memorial service, singing "Amazing Grace."

Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama -- two Republicans, two Democrats -- served as our "Mourners in Chief." All four bound us together for a few moments, and we remembered who we are and who we can be.

Why has our current "Mourner in Chief" gone AWOL? God knows. But his flight from responsibility is yet another sadness among this week's tragic losses.

David Gergen, as in "Gergen and Shields", as in "Worked for Reagan, worked for Ford, worked for Nixon", wrote this opinion piece about how Trump is silent on the pandemic that's killed enough Americans to take out Super Bowl 50, including everyone in the stands, everyone working a stall or security, both teams including their crews, every reporter and cameraman, and for good measure anyone in the parking lot. Instead, he tweeted.

But we know that. I'll quote the good part.
    Breccia, you of all people should have known by now and just quoted the last part, because remember: "I don't take responsibility."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, nothing going on here, just Trump, President of the United States of America, telling you that you can trust news coming from a foreign country more than you can the news from inside your own country.

Can't imagine who this benefits.
    Attacking the media as streets burn in the middle of pandemic, is priority numero uno. After all, I got buzzed on my phone that Seattle has a 5pm curfew... didn’t need news...

Edit: Oh... if you lived in a state that got a curfew the last couple of days, you get an Amber alert type message on your phone, that is so loud... even on mute... it will totally break your kill streak.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-31 at 12:15 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Gab.com are so desperate for him to make the switch that they've set up an account for him and mirror all his tweets (a lot of people posting comments there don't seem smart enough to understand that it isn't actually him, though). I opened the page to see some comments and err.... yeah, its a thing. Nothing like the suggestion of hanging liberals to save the world or just "wiping out" all those that are rioting and protesting to "solve the problem." Lots of "SOROS MAFIA," too.

Now to obliterate Gab from my internet history....
    Yeah, I’ve never even been to 4Chan either... I’m too old for that shit... I watch reviews and drama about it on YouTube... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Oh, nothing going on here, just Trump, President of the United States of America, telling you that you can trust news coming from a foreign country more than you can the news from inside your own country.

Can't imagine who this benefits.
    @Zaktar and I were just talking about how police are deliberately targeting the press during these riots/protests and how some of it seems to be because they listen to Trump's enemy of the people rhetoric and here's Trump making a new tweet using that phrase again.