Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I mean, she lied in that same press conference, so it's not like that statement ever rang true.
    Oh I know, I don't think she's gotten through a single briefing without at least one demonstrable, provable lie to-date. Just a reminder that the Press Secretary for Trump remains as credible as Trump himself, in that neither has a shred of credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    According to Press Secretary McEnany, Trump is "the most informed person on planet earth when it comes to the threats that we face."

This said mere months after she promised never to lie to the public.
    It would be nice if the republicans were able to see these 3rd world despot dictator level BS stories for what they are. If they weren't so dumb they would be deeply embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It would be nice if the republicans were able to see these 3rd world despot dictator level BS stories for what they are. If they weren't so dumb they would be deeply embarrassed.
    I think many do. They just don't want to lose their jobs and face the wrath of angry Trump supporters. Because, you know, they're fucking cowards.

I think many do. They just don't want to lose their jobs and face the wrath of angry Trump supporters. Because, you know, they're fucking cowards.
    I was talking about all of them in general, not just the ones who sit at government. As for that latter, I don't think cowardice is the only explanation. They also benefit from the current state of things, politically and financially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They're probably just upset that the blacks are protesting. I would be wary to draw positive conclusions from this.
    True enough. Quite possibly a bunch of white supremacists upset that their Confederate monuments rae being taken from them. Or having a snit that Trumps approval rating is cratering alongside his polling.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Every time she speaks I just hear Maury Povich saying "That was a lie"

https://gop.com/nancy-pelosi-rhetorical-arsonist/

In case anyone is wondering what the GOP is focused on.

It's still pointless, pathetic pearl-clutching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit.

U.S. willing to take military action to stop Iran's nuclear program, envoy says

The envoy/article says a few things, but this is the best part:

Extending the embargo is Plan A for the Trump administration, but if it fails the U.S. will demand that a snapback mechanism from the Iran nuclear deal be implemented to resume UN sanctions on Tehran.

Trump’s envoy for Iran, Brian Hook claimed in the interview that the U.S. has a legal basis for doing so even after it withdrew from the nuclear deal in 2018.

"We will exercise our legally available options to make sure the arms embargo is extended — we can do it the easy way or we can do it the hard way. Our preference is to extend the arms embargo. If we are successful with plan A we won’t have to go to plan B," Hook said.
    Trump doesn't pay people he's contractually owed all the time. This might be a first: him not paying ahead of time, and still expecting the other party in the contract to hold up their end.

This demand needs to go nowhere. The rest of the world must handwave Trump as a clueless, tired, fat old man who doesn't know what he's doing, They must not only continue with their negotiations, preferably as if the US didn't exist, but must also oppose any military actions the US even considers taking, on the grounds of "because we want to".

We had our chance. We had a deal. Trump broke it. Actions have consequences.

Incidentally, I know for a while I predicted Trump would start a war with Iran to salvage his re-election. If you remember that, you should also remember I've since conceded he can't do it anymore. Not only should Trump have far bigger things to worry about, quite frankly, every single Republican should be running interference, because none of them want to be responsible for supporting violent racist warmonger Trump. Granted, it would fit Trump's character and history to start a war in Iran, as he promised he'd bring troops back from the Middle East and everything else he's promised has come out reversed. But we're seeing him lose support from voters and lawmakers alike, damn nearly by the day. I don't see how a war with Iran would help his numbers, not anymore.

If McConnell had an ounce of integrity, he'd say "Well, I blocked SCOTUS judges before an election, I should block a war for ratings the same way". He doesn't, of course, but there are some Republicans left who do, enough to value either their country or failing that their re-election chances to say "No, we're not going to war with Iran because Trump's feelings were hurt". Hopefully that threat, plus the possibility this is just the US saber rattling and/or Trump's response to the arrest warrant, means it's just more sanctions and nothing happens.

This had better turn out to be hot air. What W did by invading Iraq was devastating to the US economy and standing. Trump attacking Iran during a lethal outbreak would almost certainly be worse.

- - - Updated - - -

It's still pointless, pathetic pearl-clutching.
    Pelosi accuses the Republican Party of trying to get away with murder (of George Floyd)

I mean...is she wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Judge temporarily halts release of the latest Trump book while the case plays out in court.

I think that's fair.

Apparently, the author is calling this a First Amendment violation -- which would be the case, if Trump used his authoritah to stomp on the book's release, but Trump seems to be talking about an NDA. So I don't know that this book is being released.

*ahem*

Legally.
    Offer him all the profits from the book.
    Sell it at cost of materials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...207_story.html

the foreign interference is happening

Ukrainian lawmaker who was once affiliated with a pro-Russian political party and has met with Giuliani released 10 edited snippets of what appeared to be Biden’s official vice presidential phone calls with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in 2016. It was the second cache of recordings the lawmaker, who studied under the KGB in Moscow in the early 1990s, has released since May.

"The authenticity of the audio files, which appear heavily edited, could not be verified"

no other president would get away with having the RUSSIANS help him so much, and i bet you these "tapes" which might be totally altered will be on fox news 24/7 in the coming days

weird whenever trump is in tough shit polling wise, russia comes in to the rescue,
    Expect a ton of them, heavily edited, come October.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Offer him all the profits from the book.
    Wrong Trump. Mary Trump is writing a harshly negative tell-all that exposes Trump as the weakling coward he is, that Trump is trying to suppress.

In other news, I don't know what could be a more perfect pairing:

Texas bar owner organizes 'Bar Lives Matter' concert in protest of governor's orders

A Texas bar owner who is one of several currently suing Gov. Greg Abbott (R) over reimposed restrictions on bars organized a “Bar Lives Matter” concert and protest Sunday.

Tee Allen Parker, owner of The Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, about two hours southeast of Dallas, hosted the gathering outside the bar Sunday. A second protest is planned on the steps of the capitol in Austin Tuesday, according to KLTV, a local ABC affiliate.

“You can’t tell me that my tiny little bar is the problem. He’s the problem,” Parker, who is one of multiple Texas bar owners who have banned the wearing of masks in their establishments, said of Abbott in an interview with The Washington Post. “He’s targeting us, and it’s discrimination.”

Jared Woodfill, a Houston attorney representing Parker and 21 other plaintiffs, said Abbott's order illegally bypasses the legislative process and unfairly singles out bars while allowing businesses like barber shops and hair salons to continue operating.

“This one individual is picking and choosing winners and losers,” Woodfill told the Post. “Gov. Abbott has chosen to sentence bar owners to bankruptcy.

“Gov. Abbott continues to act like a king,” he told The Associated Press earlier this week. “Abbott is unilaterally destroying our economy and trampling on our constitutional rights.”
    And!

Texas breaks record with nearly 7,000 new coronavirus cases

The new record, 6,975 cases, sits far higher than the state's previous record of around 6,000 cases in one day. The news comes as trend lines indicate that the rate of new infections in the state is sharply accelerating even as other hotspots such as New York have seen levels of new cases receding.

Texas breaks record with nearly 7,000 new coronavirus cases
    © PAUL RATJE/AFP via Getty Images
    Texas officials announced nearly 7,000 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, the state's newest record for confirmed cases in one day.

The new record, 6,975 cases, sits far higher than the state's previous record of around 6,000 cases in one day. The news comes as trend lines indicate that the rate of new infections in the state is sharply accelerating even as other hotspots such as New York have seen levels of new cases receding.

State officials have struggled to explain the sharp rise in cases, with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) explaining in a recent interview that the state should have slowed efforts to reopen some businesses including bars.

“If I could go back and redo anything, it probably would have been to slow down the opening of bars, now seeing in the aftermath of how quickly the coronavirus spread in the bar setting,” he told KVIA in El Paso.

The state moved to close down bars once again last week, while ordering restaurants to operate at 50 percent capacity.
    I mean, they were posted within like an hour of each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump Jr is now saying masks are easy to wear... we are really down to just Trump him self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump NJPW fam confirmed!!! Minoru Suzuki is that awesome!!!

That Chorus. Chills up my spine. Makes me want to sing it out.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump Jr is now saying masks are easy to wear... we are really down to just Trump him self.
    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...243911542.html

“You know, I don’t think that it’s too complicated to wear a mask or wash your hands and follow basic hygiene protocols,” Donald Trump Jr. told Fox Business on Tuesday.
    Sauce for anyone interested.

Someone hasn't been paying attention to daddy, lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't going to post this...yes I was.

GOP-Trump fractures on masks open up

Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), the chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, opened a hearing on Tuesday by all but pleading for Trump to wear a mask, arguing it would depoliticize the issue.

“Unfortunately this simple lifesaving practice has become part of a political debate that says: If you're for Trump, you don't wear a mask. If you're against Trump, you do,” Alexander said. “That is why I have suggested the president should occasionally wear a mask even though there are not many occasions when it is necessary for him to do so.”

Alexander, who is retiring at the end of this Congress, noted that Trump has “millions of admirers.”

“They would follow his lead. It would help end this political debate. The stakes are too high for it to continue,” he said.

Other top GOP lawmakers imploring people to wear masks, if not the president directly, include Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) and House GOP Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.).

"For the Fourth of July, we could all show our patriotism with a red, white, and blue mask going out there and show some strength," McCarthy said during an interview Tuesday on “Fox & Friends.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't y'all just wear the damn mask?
    In song form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone hasn't been paying attention to daddy, lately.
    Look, I think we all know it's a matter of time before Trump, watching the South in particular get fucked to death by COVID-19 and the reclosings it mandates, says "I was always for masks and I wore them all the time. Bigly."

Trump hasn't said it yet, but the GOP has. Simply put, it was all fun and mocking until suddenly it was them setting records. Give them the minimal credit they're due: at least they stopped touching the stove after second degree burns.

- - - Updated - - -

In song form.
    Well, that's a new sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Chorus. Chills up my spine. Makes me want to sing it out.
    Oh yeah... It makes me want to kick ass...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-30 at 10:42 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong Trump. Mary Trump is writing a harshly negative tell-all that exposes Trump as the weakling coward he is, that Trump is trying to suppress.
    The "he" being referred to is Donald, it would have read "Offer Donald all the profits from the book. Then sell the book at cost of materials."

Knowing it'll sell a shitload, would his greedy lil hands be able to say no? That is before she sells it at "cost of materials" meaning he'd get almost nothing.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2020-06-30 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "he" being referred to is Donald, it would have read "Offer Donald all the profits from the book. Then sell the book at cost of materials."

Knowing it'll sell a shitload, would his greedy lil hands be able to say no? That is before she sells it at "cost of materials" meaning he'd get almost nothing.
    Ah, okay.

UPDATE UPDATE OH GOD INCEPTION: Governor signs bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah... It makes me want to kick ass...
    I refuse to put it on my closing playlist at work. After a shit day, I'm not sure I could refuse standing in the middle of my cafe, throwing my arms wide, head back and scream out "KAZE NI NARE!"

..or if I do ask the boss on duty for a copy from the CCTV.